Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

I Still bleed RPI Red

Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Quote Originally Posted by fr. joe View Post
    The only people with more seniority than you and Jenny are the workers who built Baker Rink.
    I think our first year we sat behind Hobey!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

I Still bleed RPI Red

Quote Originally Posted by ServinisScores View Post
    Hi Doc - I think the student body returns quickly when the winning does. Everyone loves a winner. Look at your interesting experience at Baker. Team gets good and they hand over tickets from a 40-year loyal customer/spy to likely some visiting prof or alum who has just returned to the area and wants in on the action.

LGR!
    I think the days of Baker being packed with RPI fans for our games there are what were bothersome for them. It is a small rink that seat less than 1/2 of HFH but other than a couple games each year, especially when the games conflict with Princeton basketball at Jadwin Gym, the place is less than 1/2 full.
    I hope you are correct about our fans returning if and when our boys get on the winning track. I am not so sure that the student body had changed permanently and the fervent support we had always seen may have disappeared.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    I think the days of Baker being packed with RPI fans for our games there are what were bothersome for them. It is a small rink that seat less than 1/2 of HFH but other than a couple games each year, especially when the games conflict with Princeton basketball at Jadwin Gym, the place is less than 1/2 full.
    I hope you are correct about our fans returning if and when our boys get on the winning track. I am not so sure that the student body had changed permanently and the fervent support we had always seen may have disappeared.
    permanently is a long time

mascot extraordinaire
    Well they now have wifi in the Field House so the students there come for the free pizza and internet, and don't really pay attention to the game

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Well they now have wifi in the Field House so the students there come for the free pizza and internet, and don't really pay attention to the game
    Didn't they always have it, but behind the Private Access VPN? I can't wait for a puck over the glass to destroy a laptop...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

I miss Tie Domi
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    It's worth noting this is not just an RPI problem. Colgate has a beautiful new rink and the students largely ignore the games. Even Clarkson is often only half full unless it's rivalry game. As Servinis correctly points out, win a bunch of games and crowds will return.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Didn't they always have it, but behind the Private Access VPN? I can't wait for a puck over the glass to destroy a laptop...
    They certainly didn't back when I was there.

It seems that the people at Pepsi Arena finally found a reason to put down ice for more than the one date a year when RPI and Union square off for the Mayor's Cup.

According to the schedule here on USCHO, Clarkson and Penn State will play an unusual home-and-home this Thursday and Friday. Both games will be considered Penn State home games, but only the second of the two will be played at Pegula Arena in State College, PA. The first one will be played at Pepsi Arena in Albany.

Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    It seems that the people at Pepsi Arena finally found a reason to put down ice for more than the one date a year when RPI and Union square off for the Mayor's Cup.

According to the schedule here on USCHO, Clarkson and Penn State will play an unusual home-and-home this Thursday and Friday. Both games will be considered Penn State home games, but only the second of the two will be played at Pegula Arena in State College, PA. The first one will be played at Pepsi Arena in Albany.
    Thatís interesting considering it hasnít been called Pepsi Arena in years. Itís called the Times Union Center now and according to their website there is nothing listed for this Thursday in the arena.
    And BTW, they do have a Disney on Ice show for a week in December so there will be another reason to put down the ice.

I guess the alternative explanation is that the person who typed the name of the venue onto USCHO's scores page had a brain cramp and typed "Pepsi" instead of "Pegula."

It would certainly make more sense - especially from the Penn State standpoint - for the two teams to play both games in the same rink, rather than travelling from Albany to State College between games.

Penn State's football team has a home game this Saturday, which probably explains why the hockey games are going to be on Thursday and Friday.

I just looked at the TUC October schedule. The first event scheduled for Oct. is the 16th & it’s a Phish concert.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Playing Fortnite

I guess the alternative explanation is that the person who typed the name of the venue onto USCHO's scores page had a brain cramp and typed "Pepsi" instead of "Pegula."
    I suspect so. College Hockey Stats doesn't have anything special listed.

Made in the USA

Penn State's football team has a home game this Saturday, which probably explains why the hockey games are going to be on Thursday and Friday.
    This is true. Notre Dame does the same thing, i.e. there's no football game when we go there, and hotels aren't jacked up to $200/night.

And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I suspect so. College Hockey Stats doesn't have anything special listed.
    Or there's a Pepsi Center in Pennsylvania we aren't considering. Wikipedia shows the Pepsi Center is in Denver (if that's it, I'd like to interest you in some swamp land), no disambiguation is even close.

The 2 games are at Pegula on Thurs/Fri due to the Mich St Pen State Football on Sat. I plan on being there. Was there last year when the Clarkson women played. It is a beautiful venue for hockey, not a bad seat in the house. LGT.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Excuse me if I missed this, but what's the feeling on the new white hats? Fresh start?

Quote Originally Posted by uncledave View Post
    Excuse me if I missed this, but what's the feeling on the new white hats? Fresh start?
    I didn't care for them, but we all know that good guys wear white.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    ......as much as I admire Polino I sure hope the Team isn’t going to be dependent on him & Marrello for scoring, geesh.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Thread Information