Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Made in the USA

Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    I know that Lacka, the only player to score for RPI in the two games against UMass, was injured in the second of those two games and I hear there is a rumor that the injury is a broken arm, so it may be quite a while before he's ready to return.

I'm wondering about Daniel DiGrande. He scored a goal against UPEI and, if I recall correctly, had another shot that beat the goalie but hit the post. The thing I liked about him was that after he scored his goal, he didn't go into a wild and crazy freshman-type oh-my-God-I-can't-believe-what-I-just-did demonstration. Looked to me as though he acted as if this was something he'd done before and expected to do again in the future.

Admittedly, UPEI did not count as an NCAA opponent, but if we're looking for somebody who can put the puck in the net, I would think a guy who's actually done it - any time, against anybody - might be a good guy to start with.

However, from what I can see in the statistics, DiGrande played only the first game against UMass. Didn't play the second game against UMass, didn't play against UConn.

Is anyone aware of any injury, rumored or otherwise, affecting DiGrande to the point that he is physically unable to perform?
    At first, I thought it was because of the opponent, but when I saw the same guys vs. UCONN, it puzzled me as well. Nothing sounded like injury, but it was radio only. Let's also remember that DiGrande's chances stemmed from individual efforts that probably wouldn't work against better opponents. I'd have to look back to see how he was on the other side of the ice. Even more so, I'm really hoping we're not seeing a pattern like we did with Troy York.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; Yesterday at 02:54 AM.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    I know that Lacka, the only player to score for RPI in the two games against UMass, was injured in the second of those two games and I hear there is a rumor that the injury is a broken arm, so it may be quite a while before he's ready to return.

I'm wondering about Daniel DiGrande. He scored a goal against UPEI and, if I recall correctly, had another shot that beat the goalie but hit the post. The thing I liked about him was that after he scored his goal, he didn't go into a wild and crazy freshman-type oh-my-God-I-can't-believe-what-I-just-did demonstration. Looked to me as though he acted as if this was something he'd done before and expected to do again in the future.

Admittedly, UPEI did not count as an NCAA opponent, but if we're looking for somebody who can put the puck in the net, I would think a guy who's actually done it - any time, against anybody - might be a good guy to start with.

However, from what I can see in the statistics, DiGrande played only the first game against UMass. Didn't play the second game against UMass, didn't play against UConn.

Is anyone aware of any injury, rumored or otherwise, affecting DiGrande to the point that he is physically unable to perform?

Lacka has a shoulder injury not a broken arm. Was told his time to heal would be 4-6 weeks. Same injury that Marello had last year. As for DiGrande the second UMASS game he was a scratch and I was told he was sick during the week and thatís why he didnít play on Saturday.

I Still bleed RPI Red

RPI football moves up two slots to #17. A bit of a surprise as most ranked teams won this week. Not sure if a couple teams ranked a bit lower should be up with us or even above us, but really question how teams with 2 losses are even considered in the rankings with one ranked well above us. There are more than enough undefeated teams and a plethora of one loss teams that a two loss team should not be ranked.
    In any case, if we are able to perform well enough in the next two weeks and enter the last game of the regular season undefeated, we could be a top 15 team and certain of an NCAA bid. If we then win the Shoes, we might be knocking on the door of the top 10!
    Considering I am an RPI child of the 60's when the hockey team was winning the majority of their games while the football team was winning virtually none (winless in something like 40+ straight). This is quite the unexpected turnaround.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Thread Information