Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Was surprised to see Jasper Ohrval playing for UAH. He did get a lot of ice time. Is he going to be an aeronautical engineer or unhappy at RPI?
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
      I highly doubt we will see Lacka this weekend. He could not even hang on to his stick when skating to the bench.
      Regrettably I have the same feeling as well. And even if he were fit to go, would we risk him before league play starts?

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        Was surprised to see Jasper Ohrval playing for UAH. He did get a lot of ice time. Is he going to be an aeronautical engineer or unhappy at RPI?
        He was a management major, so I assume the latter, at least in terms of the coaching change. It did seem like we recruited him to bring his brother in, who looked very skilled, albeit rough around the edges. If he also goes to UAH, they will have a fine player at their disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Regrettably I have the same feeling as well. And even if he were fit to go, would we risk him before league play starts?
          So we will be playing our third game of the year and won't dress anyone who scored a goal in the first two.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            He was a management major, so I assume the latter, at least in terms of the coaching change. It did seem like we recruited him to bring his brother in, who looked very skilled, albeit rough around the edges. If he also goes to UAH, they will have a fine player at their disposal.
            I think that SA was interested in JO for his own sake.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 (Part II): Engineers in a Train Wreck

That's my mood today.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 (Part II): Engineers in a Train Wreck

That's my mood today.
                Mine also. I did not start the season with as much optimism as usual but it really fell to a low point when in the last game I saw Lacka head off to the Lacka-room with an injury. He was one of the two positive impressions I had after the first weekend. Add that to the losses noted on the Recruit Thread, and I may be watching a lot less hockey this year.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post

I said it earlier, he's training for the Space Force
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    I said it earlier, he's training for the Space Force
                    He's Swedish, and Obama's not in office anymore.

Comment

As a distraction to what may be a very long season....let's see how well we engineers score on a grammar quiz:

The Twitter Spelling Test

Created by Oatmeal

Comment

I can't speak to the individual recruits, but the departure of the Ohrvalls was not much of a loss.

Do we know how long Lacka is out?
                        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                          I can't speak to the individual recruits, but the departure of the Ohrvalls was not much of a loss.

Do we know how long Lacka is out?
                          No
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-16-2018, 09:05 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I really don't know what you guys expected. We have a team that hasn't played together and it shows. The lines have no chemistry and the defense is all over the place.
                            We are going to need time to gel. We improved Saturday night, and that bodes well for the future, as these guys can still get much better.
                            The problem will still be scoring, as we have not shown any improvement in that department.
                            It may very well be a long season, but I will give them a chance at least until January to come together as a team.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              I really don't know what you guys expected. We have a team that hasn't played together and it shows. The lines have no chemistry and the defense is all over the place.
                              We are going to need time to gel. We improved Saturday night, and that bodes well for the future, as these guys can still get much better.
                              The problem will still be scoring, as we have not shown any improvement in that department.
                              It may very well be a long season, but I will give them a chance at least until January to come together as a team.

Scoring doesn't just happen. Players rely on chemistry. Nothing has changed from last year or the year before that for that matter with this team. The lines are still mismatched as far as talent and skill is concerned IMO. You can't change players game to game or period to period for that matter. Why are 37, 63 and 88 for the Boston Bruins one of the best lines if not he best line in the NHL the last two season? They have chemistry. They play together night in and night out. I haven't seen a player in the last 2 years under this coach been with the same 2 linemates for more than 3 or 4 games. That's not enough time to build chemistry. You can't have slow footed skaters with speedsters. It goes on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
                                Scoring doesn't just happen. Players rely on chemistry. Nothing has changed from last year or the year before that for that matter with this team. The lines are still mismatched as far as talent and skill is concerned IMO. You can't change players game to game or period to period for that matter. Why are 37, 63 and 88 for the Boston Bruins one of the best lines if not he best line in the NHL the last two season? They have chemistry. They play together night in and night out. I haven't seen a player in the last 2 years under this coach been with the same 2 linemates for more than 3 or 4 games. That's not enough time to build chemistry. You can't have slow footed skaters with speedsters. It goes on and on.
                                A post I can agree with fully! Have only been saying that her since 1999 when the board started.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X