Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
    The Engineers played well for about 30 minutes. I was impressed with how they looked. Nice to have everyone healthy. Then it was as if a switch was thrown. They looked lost out there the rest of the game. If it wasn't for Savory the score would have been much more of a blow out. One thing I noted: Far too many turnovers all related to trying to finesse the puck out of the D zone and finesse it into the O zone. I read about a strategy Rick Bennett talks about in a Gazette article: When you are in the D zone within 5 feet of the blue line always chip it out of the zone and go get it. When within 5 feet of the O zone blue line dump the puck deep in the zone. You will accomplish nothing chipping the puck 10 feet into the O zone. Dump it in deep and forecheck. There were lots of turnovers on either side of the blue line trying to get fancy with the puck. This is not a team of guys who can do fancy. When you try to do fancy and turn the puck over, you use an awful lot of energy with little to show for it. As to Savory. He impressed me. Lots of poise. RB asked about his "credentials". I looked up his numbers and they were pretty impressive the last two years for the league he was in. Irregardless, he held his own. Whoever gets the assignment next weekend is in for a tough weekend.
    OS's credentials were indeed excellent for the league which he played in. He carried his team last season. Coach Smith must like the GOJHL because our third goalie next season, Brett Miller, also played there last year, although he is in the NAHL now.

BTW, remember that although Savory came in a year after Marshall, he is the older of the two.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      I think Brockport might have even found new ways to turn over the ball that no one ever saw before! Their kicking game was just horrendous. We will need a lot of help against a really strong Hopkins team that moves the ball both in the air (our nemesis) and on the ground. Hard for any team to keep them under 50 points this year. I am hoping for terrible weather for Saturday as that could be quite an equalizer for us as it was last week. In any case, congratulations indeed for being one of the last 8 teams in the nation still standing!!

The Sunday hockey game was a good game for about 30 minutes. That horrible giveaway late in the second completely changed the entire game. Then we just chased UML around our zone for about 3 minutes while everyone watching knew exactly what was going to happen. Wide open shot near the net and for all intents and purposes the game was over. There are times this team plays well (even very well but not quite great yet). But then there are still times where we look like most of last year. Some improvement from last year is obvious. But we have a way to go. If we can play like we did for the first 4 1/2 periods of the weekend all the time, we are a competitive team against most if not all.
      I agree that there is definite improvement from last season. Perhaps that is all we can hope for.

I wonder what effect the three transfers in midseason will have. I don't recall ever having more than one new face in the middle of the year. Will they significantly help or will they destroy whatever chemistry we have now.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wonder who gave 2 points to SLU. https://www.uscho.com/rankings/

Edit: Maybe Ken Schott has the answer.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

One of SLU's two wins came against # 19 Minnesota, in a game that was televised on FSN1. If there was a voter out there who watched that game and wasn't aware of how SLU had fared in their other 11 games, that might explain the 2 points.

I might have guessed that RPI would have played John Hopkins in lacrosse at some time back when RPI's team was a national powerhouse, but I didn't know where to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            One of SLU's two wins came against # 19 Minnesota, in a game that was televised on FSN1. If there was a voter out there who watched that game and wasn't aware of how SLU had fared in their other 11 games, that might explain the 2 points.

I might have guessed that RPI would have played John Hopkins in lacrosse at some time back when RPI's team was a national powerhouse, but I didn't know where to look it up.
            A year or two ago, they added past season scores to the RPI athletic website. This is lacrosse https://rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=mlax You can select the season from the pull-down menu at the upper right and then click Filter Season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

A few years ago i tried to compile some of the older results for the lacrosse team. I am not totally sure of the number of time we did play Hopkins but i think it was 5 or 6 during the 50's. I seem to recall we did not do well and most scores were terribly one sided against us. i also do not think we ever won any of those contests but I am not sure.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  A few years ago i tried to compile some of the older results for the lacrosse team. I am not totally sure of the number of time we did play Hopkins but i think it was 5 or 6 during the 50's. I seem to recall we did not do well and most scores were terribly one sided against us. i also do not think we ever won any of those contests but I am not sure.
                  We did lose all six games. The scores are listed on the RPI lacrosse website.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Football postgame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Ic7s1hghQ
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Was watching a replay of the NYR Postgame show on MSG yesterday and lo & behold on Bill Pido’s (Cornell grad) segment he shows RPI’s goal into it’s own net.......ughhhh
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Coach Smith pregame for ND https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQb23JcZ78Q
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X