Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    It seems that the people at Pepsi Arena finally found a reason to put down ice for more than the one date a year when RPI and Union square off for the Mayor's Cup.

According to the schedule here on USCHO, Clarkson and Penn State will play an unusual home-and-home this Thursday and Friday. Both games will be considered Penn State home games, but only the second of the two will be played at Pegula Arena in State College, PA. The first one will be played at Pepsi Arena in Albany.
    The 2 games are at Pegula on Thurs/Fri due to the Mich St Pen State Football on Sat. I plan on being there. Was there last year when the Clarkson women played. It is a beautiful venue for hockey, not a bad seat in the house. LGT.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Excuse me if I missed this, but what's the feeling on the new white hats? Fresh start?

Comment

Originally posted by uncledave View Post
          Excuse me if I missed this, but what's the feeling on the new white hats? Fresh start?
          I didn't care for them, but we all know that good guys wear white.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            ......as much as I admire Polino I sure hope the Team isn’t going to be dependent on him & Marrello for scoring, geesh.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              ......as much as I admire Polino I sure hope the Team isn’t going to be dependent on him & Marrello for scoring, geesh.
              Had I stumbled across that website myself as opposed to Coach Smith tweeting it, I would have dismissed it.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Broken Bat Media's summary of the UPEI game including a video of DiGrande's goal. http://www.brokenbatblog.com/2018/10...y-defeats.html
                There is also a link to a lot of game pictures. Does anyone know anything about Broken Bat Media?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Probably should go in the alum thread.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Catch that double negative.
                    (actually a triple negative)
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I didn't care for them, but we all know that good guys wear white.
                      Absolutely.

Good to know that dead men wear plaid, and yes, #26 wears black helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by uncledave View Post
                        To the best of my recollection, RPI wore white helmets during my freshman and maybe sophomore years (66-67 and 67-68), before switching to red.

I like the white helmets better than the black ones.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          I said to a friend at the UPEI game that Polino and Marrello are the kind of fast-skating, always moving players I love to watch, but both lack finishing skills. Burgess and Ott are the two returnees that I’m looking to for breakout seasons if we are going to show incremental improvement up front.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                            I said to a friend at the UPEI game that Polino and Marrello are the kind of fast-skating, always moving players I love to watch, but both lack finishing skills. Burgess and Ott are the two returnees that I’m looking to for breakout seasons if we are going to show incremental improvement up front.
                            We haven't had a decent sniper on this team since Pirri. And every year I look for anyone who can fill that roll.
                            Jerry was good last year, and if he takes the next step, he could be a good one. Burgess has been a disappointment, and so has Wiffen in my eyes. But we have had some players step up in there junior and senior years in the past.
                            I am always optimistic on opening night. We'll see.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              We haven't had a decent sniper on this team since Pirri. And every year I look for anyone who can fill that roll.
                              Jerry was good last year, and if he takes the next step, he could be a good one. Burgess has been a disappointment, and so has Wiffen in my eyes. But we have had some players step up in there junior and senior years in the past.
                              Pirri only scored 11 goals in his one season at RPI and was third in RPI goal scoring that year. That has been beaten quite a few times since. Certainly Haggerty in his last season qualifies.
                              Had Pirri stayed, he might have had the most goals.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                I probably should have mentioned Jerry too, but he’s already producing at a level I expected or better. He came in last year without a scoring reputation and picked up 6 or 7 goals on third or fourth line duty. I’d expect continued growth from him. However, the coach did have him centering the top line against UPEI, so maybe he thinks that was just a sneak preview of a true breakout season this year. After all, he came in as a 19 year old so he could have been in juniors last year building up his scoring credentials. He might be an example of a late bloomer that we got at the right time.

Comment

Working...
                                X