Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Football video: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/b...reamType=video

Comment

At halftime we're down 13-7. And given Brockport has had 5 effective turnovers, that is awful for the offense. Gotta get something going if we're going to have a chance in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
        Why not 25th or 27th? We shouldn’t have anything to do with the number 26!
        And as far as a goalie controversy goes, there’s nothing wrong with having 2 solid goaltenders (Maine won an NCAA title playing different goalies on back to back nights). Just go with the hot hand for now...
        With Yale beating UConn, we are down to 27. Happy?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Start of 4Q, the boys are up 14-13. LGR!

Doc - how is your bookie feeling?
          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            With Yale beating UConn, we are down to 27. Happy?
            Might have been happier if UConn won and we moved up to #25.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post

Still having problems converting on Brockport's turnovers...

Comment

what a play on D! 1st down Red!!!
                Class of '93

Comment

Congratulations to the Engineers!!! On to the next round!

Comment

It's official, we go to the quarterfinals. We will be playing fellow play-up JHU.

Comment

we're a football school! LGR!
                      Class of '93

Comment

Holy $it!!!!!!!!!!!!! On paper we had no chance. On the field we were magnificent!!!!!!!!!! BTW Jenny took RPI and the points so we are certainly going to celebrate big!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watched the entire game and honestly felt early when we blew a few chances to go up by a lot that it would catch up with us. Magnificent job by the team. Have not been this excited about RPI football since 2003.
                        Now if RPI hockey can sweep UML tomorrow??????
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post

Not mine-Jenny's. She normally does not believe in betting or gambling in any way. Says we worked to hard to get it so why risk it? I, on the other hand will wager on anything. She did feel confident about this today for some reason (she said the weather would be the great equalizer and that Brockport was just not a very good bad weather team. I looked at their record and saw how badly they blew everyone out but had severe difficulty with Ithaca and though we had a chance. The early line was a 24 point spread so we took a shot.
                          If we had not lost badly to Union, we would not have been such an underdog as we were at the time ranked about 16th and could have moved up to 14th win a win over Union. Now we are one of the top 8 left.

BTW here were the so called experts picks from 11/23 one day before today's games http://www.d3blogs.com/d3football/20...-second-round/
                          They gave us a 5% chance of winning. Wonder how they will see next week against Hopkins? We will need to stop the rushing offense they have.
                          Last edited by DrDemento; 11-24-2018, 02:35 PM.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Wonder how they will see next week against Hopkins?
                            With their own two eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              I didn't post to start a controversy, I was hoping that Savory's performance would get Marshall back on track. He has been very inconsistent this season, and maybe this will get him going again.
                              And the only thing I didn't like about Smith's coaching was the way he left Marshall in after he was not at his best. I think that it really hurt Marshall's confidence. Maybe now he will get him out earlier on his bad days.
                              I love the idea of having two goalies that can step in and do a great job. But I don't like a tandem system. We need one goalie to step up and play the majority of the games.(a #1 goaltender).
                              This isn't new for Smitty. Somebody hung 7 on us last year (don't recall who) and Perry never got sent out to relieve Marshall. That's when I knew he was done playing at RPI.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                .... the only way RPI will make the NCAA tourney (as unlikely as that is) is by winning the ECAC tourney (as unlikely as that is).
                                . This has been our reality for many years now v
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X