Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Pirri only scored 11 goals in his one season at RPI and was third in RPI goal scoring that year. That has been beaten quite a few times since. Certainly Haggerty in his last season qualifies.
    Had Pirri stayed, he might have had the most goals.
    I loved Haggerty, but Pirri could sit in a spot and score on a one timer. We need someone who can do that. Someone that the opposition has to pay attention to and give space to his linemates. We just haven't had that guy.
    I did like DiGrande's goal, he has quick hands. But I would have liked it better if he scored on the shot.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Yeah, what could’ve been with Pirri but Haggs potted 28 & Polacek had 26 & 22 back-to-back. Paul Kerins was actually the 2nd leading goal scorer in 09-10 with 18 but I wouldn’t call him a sniper.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Anyone else parking pass look different this year
        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
          Anyone else parking pass look different this year
          Nope, just as invisible as last year.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Nope, just as invisible as last year.
            CLakrson green and different material
            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
              CLakrson green and different material
              Don't all of the lots have different colors in order to be able to tell them apart? Material's probably less easy to break apart.

Comment

team picture up on roster page https://rpiathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=hockey&
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don’t think this team’s priority issue is a sniper, so I don’t have a strong opinion. Cohesive, competitive play for 3 periods that looks like hockey feels like the “crawl-before-you-wall” moment here.

Anyways, for all you podcast guys, (and if you’re not, this is a good one) Adam Oates was on the Spittin Chiclets pod, and was fantastic covering a lot of ground, including some good Brett Hull stories. He also holds Coach Addesa in high regard and talks about why he left when he did for the pros. It’s a must listen for those who followed the team in his time.
                  Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

I was at the UMASS game last night. I hope UMASS is a very good team. RPI PP needs different strategy. It seemed the UMASS forwards pressured the points intercepted many point to point passes for breaks. UMASS didn't worry about leaving 3 on 2 down low. RPI looked better 5 on 5 even had some good play especially in first period. Will watch tonight. RPI will be better. LGR.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

After the game... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oodk_UloEos

Comment

Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
                        I was at the UMASS game last night. I hope UMASS is a very good team. RPI PP needs different strategy. It seemed the UMASS forwards pressured the points intercepted many point to point passes for breaks. UMASS didn't worry about leaving 3 on 2 down low. RPI looked better 5 on 5 even had some good play especially in first period. Will watch tonight. RPI will be better. LGR.
                        I heard a number of SH chances as well. How often, would you say, a certain drafted player was out there when they happened?

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

short TU article https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...s-13304050.php
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Team picture on roster page, no bios for newcomers yet.
                              https://rpiathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=hockey&
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I kept looking for a big play from a draftee. On the PP their forwards played high and pressured the points. On one SH UMASS had a 3 on 2. RPI will do better tonight on smaller ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X