Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

I thought I heard or read somewhere the Gophers got out of the trip out there next year. They already made one two years ago so I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

**** me this is such a sad program. If someone would give me a free ticket to this dumpster fire I'd wear a bag over my head.

Nah, on second thought I would need to be paid to go to a game.
      National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
        **** me this is such a sad program. If someone would give me a free ticket to this dumpster fire I'd wear a bag over my head.

Nah, on second thought I would need to be paid to go to a game.
        Is it really that bad? The Gophs have been bad for a while now. You can't wait one more year to let Motzko get some of his guys in there?
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Is it really that bad? The Gophs have been bad for a while now. You can't wait one more year to let Motzko get some of his guys in there?
          Check out SLU's season so far....

It's that bad. This team shows no teamwork, little hustle, nothing. They have individual talent, but not TEAM talent. If they can't learn the latter...ugh.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Check out SLU's season so far....

It's that bad. This team shows no teamwork, little hustle, nothing. They have individual talent, but not TEAM talent. If they can't learn the latter...ugh.
            Jesus. I didn't know they were 1-8. Yeah, that's pretty bad.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              Jesus. I didn't know they were 1-8. Yeah, that's pretty bad.
              Avg 1.3 goals/game, and if I heard right, 5 games were 1 goal scored each.

And their goalie tonight? His debut. On the road.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

uhhmmm.....

Gophers just made an objectively bad hockey team look decent.
                Time to start sitting some main guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                  uhhmmm.....

Gophers just made an objectively bad hockey team look decent.
                  Time to start sitting some main guys.
                  tBob has been more than candid. Although, he didn't outright say we have a bunch of primadonnas/candyarses on the team, he said everything but that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Avg 1.3 goals/game, and if I heard right, 5 games were 1 goal scored each.
                    Heading into tonight's game the Gophers had also only scored a single goal in 5 of their 7 games (4 losses and a tie). They are a very easy team to defend.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Heading into tonight's game the Gophers had also only scored a single goal in 5 of their 7 games (4 losses and a tie). They are a very easy team to defend.
                      We like to look pretty. We need to stop that crap in today's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        We like to look pretty. We need to stop that crap in today's game.
                        We're simply not generating enough good chances from close range. Too anxious to take the big one-timer slap shot from a bad angle when the goalie has a good view of the shot. Then when we do have a guy in good position, in close, the shooter from far range either misses the net (so no rebound) or gets his shot blocked (so no screen or tip). And tonight we saw several two-on-one breaks where we held onto the puck too long and the opportunity fizzled away.

It all adds up to the Gophers being a very easy team to out score, because their play in the defensive zone is not very good either.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          Motzko wasn't turning the aircraft carrier on a dime, folks.

I think they'll settle down eventually. Maybe miss the NCAA's, sure. As long as they look better at the end of the season than now. Woof.
                          Hmmm. Wrong direction, so far. Getting ugly now.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

SLU is an ‘objectively bad hockey team?’
                            he he he... you guys are way too ‘Minnesota Nice.’
                            There is such a thing as a ‘very bad hockey team,’ eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Minneapolis is further north than Canton so we are already in the "North Country".

Seriously, if the two programs signed a "home and home" contract I would expect Minnesota to live up to it, hopefully next season.
                              It was supposed to be this year. You and Wisconsin were to visit SLU and Clarkson (Badgers came) and then SLU and Clarkson were supposed to go West next year.

The weekend that was set aside, you played a meaningless exhibition game at home.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                It was supposed to be this year. You and Wisconsin were to visit SLU and Clarkson (Badgers came) and then SLU and Clarkson were supposed to go West next year.

The weekend that was set aside, you played a meaningless exhibition game at home.
                                I have no idea what might have led to the change, but now in hindsight it's worked out pretty well for your team so far. We've had a really weird schedule so far, and this may very well partly explain some of the weirdness.

Comment

Working...
                                X