Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Dammit, Gorilla!!
    Hometown: Plymouth, MN Currently: Champlin, M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Do you want a cookie?
    Nope. Just wanted you to know that two people can play that game, Debbie
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by gopher wes View Post
    Nope. Just wanted you to know that two people can play that game, Debbie
    How does making an observation after something actually happened equal predicting it's going to suck in advance?

Don't take what I said before personally because it wasn't. I sometimes get annoyed with pessimism but that's my cross to bear and you can say whatever you like I'm not trying to chase you off.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 11-05-2018 at 02:51 PM.

I've got a question for season ticket holders. Is there a 'guest ticket' you can buy for like $15 for any game? Or was that just a pre-season thing? My wife's cousin (who I can't reach) got us tickets to next Friday's game this way, before the season started. Now he is asking if we want to go to another game he can't make. Since we'll be in town for Thanksgiving that weekend, I thought I'd see if we could get cheap tics for the two kids who live in the state and all four go. Not sure if I want to spring for $30 each for the cheapest seats for two kids who are marginal hockey fans. But if I can get them much cheaper, and they want to go, I'll do that. (And I won't convince my wife to pick up seats outside the arena, since all she will do is worry about what will happen if we don't get them and have two kids to then deal with. She'll only go for it if we have tickets in hand.) Thanks.

Dammit, Gorilla!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    How does making an observation after something actually happened equal predicting it's going to suck in advance?

Don't take what I said before personally because it wasn't. I sometimes get annoyed with pessimism but that's my cross to bear and you can say whatever you like I'm not trying to chase you off.
    No one predicted beforehand that they were going to suck.

Like I said, I don't take anything personally. I have my negative moments but that really didn't feel like one of them lol.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Koho View Post
    I've got a question for season ticket holders. Is there a 'guest ticket' you can buy for like $15 for any game? Or was that just a pre-season thing? My wife's cousin (who I can't reach) got us tickets to next Friday's game this way, before the season started. Now he is asking if we want to go to another game he can't make. Since we'll be in town for Thanksgiving that weekend, I thought I'd see if we could get cheap tics for the two kids who live in the state and all four go. Not sure if I want to spring for $30 each for the cheapest seats for two kids who are marginal hockey fans. But if I can get them much cheaper, and they want to go, I'll do that. (And I won't convince my wife to pick up seats outside the arena, since all she will do is worry about what will happen if we don't get them and have two kids to then deal with. She'll only go for it if we have tickets in hand.) Thanks.
    Season ticket holder here for many years, and I watch and read all the emails from GopherSports as they pertain to men's hockey pretty carefully. I don't recall any special deals for $15 "guest tickets" and am pretty sure they are not being offered now. If I do see any attractive discounted offers for the Thanksgiving weekend games I'll try to post them here.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Season ticket holder here for many years, and I watch and read all the emails from GopherSports as they pertain to men's hockey pretty carefully. I don't recall any special deals for $15 "guest tickets" and am pretty sure they are not being offered now. If I do see any attractive discounted offers for the Thanksgiving weekend games I'll try to post them here.
    If this year has attendance issues anywhere like last year, I will receive an email for deeply discounted tickets around Black Friday. All because I buy tickets to the games when SCSU plays at the 3M hoochie mama arena.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Dammit, Gorilla!!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    If this year has attendance issues anywhere like last year, I will receive an email for deeply discounted tickets around Black Friday. All because I buy tickets to the games when SCSU plays at the 3M hoochie mama arena.
    They are already running some early Black Friday specials but I don't think the Thanksgiving weekend games are part of that deal.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    ...the 3M hoochie mama arena.
    They should have named it that.

Horrendous backchecking by forwards on second goal. Nanne coughed it up, but bought time by forcing the player to the corner, but the forwards just glided by and left a 4 on 2 where Robson had no chance.

Horrendous backchecking by forwards on second goal. Nanne coughed it up, but bought time by forcing the player to the corner, but the forwards just glided by and left a 4 on 2 where Robson had no chance.
    Truth, and I bet they hear about it.

Lucia Apologist

Great googly moogly

Yep, the first goal came from a turn over also. But that goal was compounded by a lack of effort in forwards getting back. They were sailing towards defeat again until they got a lucky break of Brinkman's open net in the second and a power play on a shell shocked UW.

Quite happy with our freshmen. Our senior 'leadership' continues to not lead. The three Sheehy, Gates and Novak continue to individually have the worst plus minus on the team. Collectively they're at -14...although they are all on the top PP.
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Yep, the first goal came from a turn over also. But that goal was compounded by a lack of effort in forwards getting back. They were sailing towards defeat again until they got a lucky break of Brinkman's open net in the second and a power play on a shell shocked UW.

Quite happy with our freshmen. Our senior 'leadership' continues to not lead. The three Sheehy, Gates and Novak continue to individually have the worst plus minus on the team. Collectively they're at -14...although they are all on the top PP.
    Novak is worthless out there...never seen him more ineffective. IMHO bench Nanne...he's a turnover nightmare this season. Rossini is also fumble prone. This "coasting nonchalantly on their skates" from a couple Gophers happened against MSUM and last night. If was tBob my blood would be boiling. That's just plain lazy-*** pond hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Novak is worthless out there...never seen him more ineffective. IMHO bench Nanne...he's a turnover nightmare this season. Rossini is also fumble prone. This "coasting nonchalantly on their skates" from a couple Gophers happened against MSUM and last night. If was tBob my blood would be boiling. That's just plain lazy-*** pond hockey.
    Reading these posts, if I didn't watch the game myself and know the score, I would have to conclude that the Gophers lost!

Looks like we got Shaky Schierhorn, instead of Steady Scheirhorn tonight.

Looks like we got Shaky Schierhorn, instead of Steady Scheirhorn tonight.
    He'll never win any style points, that's for sure. Takes himself out of the play too often by anticipating what he expects to happen, instead of reacting to the play as it actually develops...not a recipe for instilling confidence.

So far tonight he's been both good and lucky. Bucky's one goal was a great tip on which he had virtually no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    He'll never win any style points, that's for sure. Takes himself out of the play too often by anticipating what he expects to happen, instead of reacting to the play as it actually develops...not a recipe for instilling confidence.

So far tonight he's been both good and lucky. Bucky's one goal was a great tip on which he had virtually no chance.
    Couldnt have said it better myself.

This does not look like a battle between two playoff teams thatís for sure.

As annoying as Doug and Confused Thesaurus are to listen to, I can't say I enjoy listening to Cheeseheads. And tired of hearing that Mark Johnson was the best college player ever. Loved the guy in the olympics, but come on, Mayasich averaged 1.3 gpg and 2.7 ppg.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    As annoying as Doug and Confused Thesaurus are to listen to, I can't say I enjoy listening to Cheeseheads. And tired of hearing that Mark Johnson was the best college player ever. Loved the guy in the olympics, but come on, Mayasich averaged 1.3 gpg and 2.7 ppg.
    Keep in mind Brian Posick is the radio voice and does TV when asked. He's our version of McLeod and whoever. Posick knows his ****. I don't think "we" care much for Doug and friends, but we DID enjoy Frank & Wooger.

Nice split, boys; see you in January.

He fixes the cable?

I can't remember the last time Schierhorn looked steady. Manages to get the job done, though.

Thread Information