Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man...that rebound chance Ramsey had off the Reedy shot is one Ramsey just *has to* start burying.
    Did everything right to create the opportunity but can't finish it.
    Those are the kind of goals we need leaders to start chipping in with.
    Last edited by Stauber1; 12-07-2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Greetings from Yost!
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What are the odds???
        ....that the Gophers will finish the B1G schedule with more official ties than official wins? We definitely need to practice playing 3 on 3, this makes three in a row.

I did like our effort and overall play in this game (not to say that there isn't still much room for improvement). It seems to me that Michigan's style suits Minnesota's strengths, more say than a Mankato or Ohio State who are better defensively. With the Wolverines there seems to be more unforced errors and lose pucks that the Gophers can potentially take advantage of. We'll see if they can pull out a bona fide victory and 3 points in tomorrow's rematch.

I'm actually somewhat optimistic that it could happen!
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Since there are so many negatives with this team I try and just look for the few positives I can find. Romanko getting scratched for the first time in forever was good to see and hopefully that remains the case. They need to focus on using the young guys as much as possible and getting them to play the game the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Since there are so many negatives with this team I try and just look for the few positives I can find. Romanko getting scratched for the first time in forever was good to see and hopefully that remains the case.
            Not what you'd hope to be a positive.

First time I cared enough to watch. Was kinda a snooze of a game. Still a major work in progress.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

First time I cared enough to watch. Was kinda a snooze of a game. Still a major work in progress.
              Yeah... it was extremely boring and tough to watch. The all freshman line has been good this year but outside of that and some Pitlick moments it’s tough to watch.

The one thing I will say is they need to keep Reedy as fourth line center, I get that he was expected to be much better and all that but for now he at the very least is an improvement over what we had there. He has some hands and playmaking ability unlike Romanko and I’m guessing can shoot better than 3% on his career. Bob needs to make it happen. He can’t control who Lucia recruited but he can control who plays each night.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

Since this was your first time watching you may want to be aware of the fact that last night's effort was the best we've seen of this team, in what seems like forever. We'll see if they can repeat or maybe even surpass that effort this evening. Hopefully we'll see a continuation of "a major work in progress" as you put it.

Comment

Wow! All I can say is how many power plays can you give your opponents and still get the win?

Comment

Robson was amazing and if Phillips doesn’t trip him to gift the Wolves a goal it might’ve been only 2 goals he gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Robson was amazing and if Phillips doesn’t trip him to gift the Wolves a goal it might’ve been only 2 goals he gave up.
                      And one of those was fluky, coming as the result of neither of the D helping him to retrieve the puck in back of the goal.

Comment

Robson was a beast tonight. Just unreal.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          And one of those was fluky, coming as the result of neither of the D helping him to retrieve the puck in back of the goal.
                          Oh yeah forgot that one. This team has a ton of work to do but I’ll take the result tonight.

Comment

Robson is insane. 1-0-1 on the road with this team against a rival. Yep, satisfied. The win was uglier than a Sconni hooker, but I'll take it. (There's a tee ball waiting to be hit)
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's not often when you take five more penalties than your opponent while allowing them 53 shots on net....and still manage to win the game. Certainly not a formula for long term success.

Comment

As absurd as it may seem, this might be the blueprint for success for this team - take risks offensively and rely on Robson to stand on his head and bail the team out and keep them in games. Slowly plug along on cleaning up play on the defensive side and eliminating turnovers/opportunities in transition. Maybe by the end of the year they will be more complete and in a position to make a run.

It's impossible to overstate how important Robson has been in keeping this team's head above water. If you replace him with a "good not great" tender over the past 4 games, that is 6 less points in conference and possibly even more devastating a PWR record of 0-4 vs. 1-0-3. That could be huge if this team manages to come out of the break and routinely eek out wins.

Gophers definitely looked better this weekend than last weekend, though MI isn't nearly as polished a team right now as OSU is.
                                Also good to see Sheehy with a huge goal for the 2nd weekend in a row. We need that consistently out of him.
                                And Novak probably had his best weekend of the season. The bar has been set pretty low, but he didn't look terrible last night and actually was making some things happen tonight while not standing out as standing around on the other side of the puck. So crossing my fingers he continues to slide in a positive direction.

EDIT:
                                But yeah, the penalties tonight are inexcusable. That has to be cleaned up. Disappointing considering they did a good job of it last night only to revert back tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X