Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

It's Gopher Hockey time again...YAY! The 98th season of Gopher hockey under new head coach Bob Motzko begins against the defending national champions UMD with a home-and-home series this Saturday (@ UMD) and Sunday (@ Mariucci).

Monday it was announced that Motzko has brought in three former Gophers as assistants: Ben Gordon will be an assistant coach, and Ryan Potulny and Stu Bickel will be undergraduate assistants. There's lots of Gopher and NHL player experience among those three to supplement the coaching staff...IMO a brilliant move.

FSN College Hockey TV Schedule

Who's ready for Gopher hockey?

Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Who's ready for Gopher hockey?
    Totally psyched!
    And re: Ryan Potulny being added as an undergraduate assistant, I wonder how much he and brother Grant will talk and share notes?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Is that the correct smiley? I'm skeptical, but I'll subscribe because I need the arrow.

Always excited for hockey season to begin!
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Links to audio from Media Day.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          Is that the correct smiley? I'm skeptical, but I'll subscribe because I need the arrow.

I agree. Wrong smiley.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            Totally psyched!
            And re: Ryan Potulny being added as an undergraduate assistant, I wonder how much he and brother Grant will talk and share notes?
            Could be some interesting "hockey talk" between the bros. I think Stu Bickel is a great addition to the staff with his gritty style on D too.

Hey, the winky smiley is cool! Expect the unexpected this season?

Comment

Expect the unexpected this season?
              I hope so. The negatives are already dragging me down though.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Has Scooby been posting with multiple accounts for the past decade?
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Has Scooby been posting with multiple accounts for the past decade?
                  Are you insinuating that my post should have been singular negative instead of plural? lol

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Well Wes, for some folks the glass is always half empty unless it's a beer. I'm not prone to making predictions (without data ), but I truly think this coaching staff and team should not be taken lightly. I don't expect to see a slumbering offense, a porous D, a floundering PP or any major issues in net like last season. I agree with Motzko, this team will surprise some people.

Comment

Well Wes, for some folks the glass is always half empty unless it's a beer. I'm not prone to making predictions (without data ), but I truly think this coaching staff and team should not be taken lightly. I don't expect to see a slumbering offense, a porous D, a floundering PP or any major issues in net like last season. I agree with Motzko, this team will surprise some people.
                      Agreed, I think there is a lot to look forward to with this team. New coaching staff and a new vision should always bring a little optimism. There is some solid upper classmen leadership, especially with what it sounds like will be a fully healthy Sheehy this year. A couple promising sophomores could take some steps toward consistency this year. A pretty solid crop of freshman forwards, albeit no one as highly touted as Mittelstadt was a year ago. The big question is on the back end IMO. The D had a lot of trouble moving the puck last year and had no real quarterback on the powerplay. We'll see if Motzko & Co can fix that issue and/or have a freshman step in and contribute, but we've seen lots of growing pains for freshman defensemen over the years.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Big changes, questions about who's going to step up and experienced upperclassmen. This team could go either way...but its the B1G's most competitive league yet based on expectations with 3 of the top four rated preseason teams in the country.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

〽️
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I think this team looked dam good.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I think this team looked dam good.
                              They have the potential. Both goalies made some key saves. Anxious to see (actually hear) tomorrow's game.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                              X