Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    Assuming you are referring to my comments.....how is it pessimistic to say that we hope they don't underestimate an opponent? No one is saying they are going to get steamrolled or that they have no chance of winning. Just pointing out a simple fact.
    Putting out the possibility they will under estimate MSUM is itself pessimistic.

I'd like to think they won't do it either, but it's going to happen a few times per year whether we like it or not. They'll also likely win a game or two against a better opponent (on paper coming in) and/or steal a game or two they should have lost. That's sports and not worth worrying about.

There's plenty of X's and O's to discuss as well as match-ups, etc. I find that much more interesting. Don't take this personally it's not a rip and I know I'm being unrealistic to think fans don't discuss these things, just having a bit of fun with it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Putting out the possibility they will under estimate MSUM is itself pessimistic.

I'd like to think they won't do it either, but it's going to happen a few times per year whether we like it or not. They'll also likely win a game or two against a better opponent (on paper coming in) and/or steal a game or two they should have lost. That's sports and not worth worrying about.

There's plenty of X's and O's to discuss as well as match-ups, etc. I find that much more interesting. Don't take this personally it's not a rip and I know I'm being unrealistic to think fans don't discuss these things, just having a bit of fun with it all.
      Meh. I don't take anything around here personal, just feel like I can't really win with you. I've already been called negative and Debbie Downer and the season is only three real games old.
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Don't want to be negative/debbie downer/pessimistic so......

Gophers win in a sweep scoring no less than fifty goals on the weekend.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

They'll also likely win a game or two against a better opponent (on paper coming in) and/or steal a game or two they should have lost.
          Isn't you making the statement that there are other teams better than the Gophs a little pessimistic?

Comment

I'd be a lot more optimistic if I hadn't seen the way they played in Las Vegas. Anything close to that level this weekend and the Debbie Downers will prove to be right. I'm hoping that what we saw in that game ends up being a one game anomaly.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Catching this game on the fox atlantic. Mankato impressive so far; but, good lord are those uniforms hideous. 2nd period, no luck for the gophers on the power play right now; but, I like their setup/the way they are moving the puck. If they can keep that up, they should have some success (wish Bucky generally looked as good on the power play).

Just had to comment how ugly those Mav uniforms are & didn't see another thread (where the H are their fans?).

Comment

• Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post
                Catching this game on the fox atlantic. Mankato impressive so far; but, good lord are those uniforms hideous. 2nd period, no luck for the gophers on the power play right now; but, I like their setup/the way they are moving the puck. If they can keep that up, they should have some success (wish Bucky generally looked as good on the power play).

Just had to comment how ugly those Mav uniforms are & didn't see another thread (where the H are their fans?).
                Typical Motzko team; that power play is going to be terrific before the year is over.

And I love the uniforms! We’ve done so much black and white the last few years that seeing purple and yellow is a gorgeous sight!

Comment

The lack of speed or effort on this Gopher team is appalling. Last two goals were direct result of getting burned and by burned I mean scorched. Thought it was a Lucia problem but these guys drag ***. Mavericks look like they’re on speed skates and gophers are on figure skates
                  I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                    The lack of speed or effort on this Gopher team is appalling. Last two goals were direct result of getting burned and by burned I mean scorched. Thought it was a Lucia problem but these guys drag ***. Mavericks look like they’re on speed skates and gophers are on figure skates
                    They are Lucia's guys. This is what happens when you hold onto a coach for multiple years too many.

Comment

Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post
                      (where the H are their fans?).
                      Watching the game. My tension headache has subsided.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                        Watching the game. My tension headache has subsided.
                        After watching MN last weekend in Las Vegas and Mankato against BU this isn't a surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                          Being Mankato is a team I’ve always liked I approve of their win tonight. Mavs are fun to watch
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Motzko wasn't turning the aircraft carrier on a dime, folks.

I think they'll settle down eventually. Maybe miss the NCAA's, sure. As long as they look better at the end of the season than now. Woof.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Kato is a better team, I just don't think they are 5-1 better.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Kato is a better team, I just don't think they are 5-1 better.
                                I do. They are clicking right now. The Gophers clearly aren't. No chemistry.

Honestly, after the Mavs went up 3-1, things evened out a bit. The Gophers were battling for possession, coming back to check nicely, getting some opportunities. Then the Mavs scored early in the third and the Gophers folded.

It is still early. I don't think this goofy schedule only messed with the team, but with us too. Like I said, I just how they continually improve as the season goes.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X