Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    I was thinking the other day, "I wonder if Bob Motzko reads this thread?". So I thought if he does or might sometime during the season it would be appropriate to post a letter of apology explaining how some of us really feel:

Dear Bob,

First of all, we as USCHO Gopher hockey rubes want to thank you for taking the head coaching job from (cough, cough...) Lucia. We really thought he should have been gone three seasons ago, but we'll take what we can get at this point. Anyway, there's actually another reason why we wrote this letter. We as Gopher hockey rubes want to officially apologize for team's pathetic recruits, ahhh....Lucia's recruits who have completely ruined your debut year as coach, and probably the next three as well. I'm at a loss for words. Robson's been good, but let's face it Bob this season is toast. If you didn't show up for the second half none of us would blame you. We just want you to know we really feel your pain. We're really sorry and hope you'll understand we really need you badly here at the U. You're basically our only hope.

Before I forget, I have tell you a story. My daughter and I were watching the Michigan series. As the camera panned across the bench and focused on you, suddenly my 3 year-old daughter blurts out, "Daddy! Why doesn't that man have any hair!?" Of course I was so angry watching the Gophers crap the bed with a complete lack of any forechecking and a pathetic D, that I gave the short answer. "Because he shaves it", I said. And my daughter blurts out again and says, "That's a funny place for a beard!"

We just want you to know that a few of us are really looking forward the 2022-23 season when you'll have your own recruits and once again we can be entertained by REAL Gopher hockey. We are anxiously waiting for that day Bob. In the meantime, we honestly feel sorry for you. By the way, many of the hockey rubes here have great suggestions that you should definitely read and put into practice asap if you want to make the NCAAs.

Best of luck (you'll need it),

USCHO Fan Forum Gopher Thread hockey rubes
    As THE Rube, I second this.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Jeezuz you've gone from whining about the program to whining about me. ******ing get over it or put me on ignore.
      Dude you literally comb through my posts and find something to whine about... at least that’s the only plausible explanation at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Dude you literally comb through my posts and find something to whine about... at least that’s the only plausible explanation at this point.
        Uh I've replied to posts other than your own - get over yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          As THE Rube, I second this.
          Hail tRube. You're like Lurch on the Addams Family, "You raaaang".

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Uh I've replied to posts other than your own - get over yourself.
            Just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy.
              Sure thing buddy.

Comment

Dad, Timmy's kicking me!

Timmy, stop kicking your brother. Did he deserve it?

But he keeps moving into my side of the seat!

Bobby, stay on your side of the seat.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Don't know why but the break this year already feels like it's longer than normal. At least there's some decent h.s. games coming up to provide a slight fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Dad, Timmy's kicking me!

Timmy, stop kicking your brother. Did he deserve it?

But he keeps moving into my side of the seat!

Bobby, stay on your side of the seat.
                    Dam kids
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Don't know why but the break this year already feels like it's longer than normal. At least there's some decent h.s. games coming up to provide a slight fix.
                      Not too long of a wait though... Ferris State week from Friday. Just peeked in on their season. Pretty ugly so far, 1-10-1 in their last 12.

IMHO the St. Lawrence OT loss was the low point of the 1st half for the Gophers. Since then they're 3-1-3. Not too bad considering 2 of those ties were against #7 ranked OSU.

Since the St. Lawrence wake up call, Sheehy has buried 5 of his 6 total goals, and he and Pitlick are both on six game point streaks. Positive vibes.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        I hear the B1G coaches saying what a strong conference it is, and I see the polls, but I haven't seen strong teams on the ice yet.
                        In regards to SOS, both B1G and NCHC have four teams in the top 10:

Strength of Schedule

SOS - RPI Ranking - Team

1) 7 - Denver
                        2) 5 - Notre Dame
                        3) 4 - Ohio State
                        4) 15 - Western Michigan
                        5) 6 - Minnesota Duluth
                        6) 1 - Massachusetts
                        7) 16 - North Dakota
                        8) 9 - Arizona State
                        9)20 - Minnesota
                        10) 11 - Penn State

Comment

Big Ten is definitely the second best conference now which is respectable. No one cares about the teams we play but at least they're better.

Comment

Gopher fans must be kicking themselves, realizing now that they could have waited a year and gone after The Hak.

99% chance he would have said "no," but Stefon Diggs might have a thing to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Gopher fans must be kicking themselves, realizing now that they could have waited a year and gone after The Hak.

99% chance he would have said "no," but Stefon Diggs might have a thing to say about that.
                              Nice try Jan
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

o/u posts at ss.com arguing Hak should come back and replace Berry?

Comment

Working...
                                X