Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    It was a blast being there to see Motzko's first win at home. Despite rather disappointing attendance, Gopher fans who did show up were very enthusiastic and supportive, particularly from the three student sections, which were pretty full. I came away thinking that this is a very exciting team that more area hockey fans need to come and see for themselves.
    I tuned into KDAL radio (Duluth) for a bit to listen to the [cough] announcers from UMD. After the game, they were mocking the announced attendance of 8000+, "a lot of Gopher fans are celebrating Halloween early this year dressed as empty seats". Granted it's only one series, but if this team continues to improve (which I think it will) the attendance woes will diminish. Best way to market and fill the arena with fans? WIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
      I nearly popped in on them to mention Ranta...but decided I didn't want to be a d!ck
      Someone's gotta be. In the past, it got much worse than that...

Comment

That win was good, but not sure if it was enough to hold me over until the next televised game in NOVEMBER!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
          Usually ignore discussion about the call, but tonight was brutal.

Clymer doing his usual attempt to use words that he doens't quite understand. Then wondering if Pitlick would get 5 for a penalty that shouldn't have been called. (Guy turned at last second and Pitlick essentially slowed as he could in 1 second, and just pinned him against the boards, once he saw they turn.

Doug - Can't remember all of the gaffs - I was trying to:
          1. 'Santo Ranta'
          2. 'Good to see freshman are getting their first goals tonight, McMannus with two and Wait and Walker with one. Other goals were returning players.'
          3. 'Santo Ranta is the next freshman to get his first goal tonight.' (He scored last night!).
          4. 'And Duluth scores 4 on 4.' (It was 4 on 3)
          5. Score was 3 to 2 when MN got number 4. 'Well that makes it 4 to 3.'
          6. When MN still had 6 goals, 'Duluth giving up 7 goals tonight, and another last night, to make 6 for the weekend."

I really wish there were someway to get the radio guys on TV.

Apparently Mittlesdorf is no longer on the team? (After only one game without an appearance, I wouldn't count on it though.)
          7. 'Duluth hasn't had many games where they haven't scored first this year,....or last year either.' (Ok , maybe being too harsh. Having only played one and a half games this year, and not scoring first in either is still technically 'not many games'.

Comment

Clymer doing his usual attempt to use words that he doens't quite understand. Then wondering if Pitlick would get 5 for a penalty that shouldn't have been called. (Guy turned at last second and Pitlick essentially slowed as he could in 1 second, and just pinned him against the boards, once he saw they turn.

1. 'Santo Ranta'
            2. 'Good to see freshman are getting their first goals tonight, McMannus with two and Wait and Walker with one. Other goals were returning players.'
            3. 'Santo Ranta is the next freshman to get his first goal tonight.' (He scored last night!).
            6. When MN still had 6 goals, 'Duluth giving up 7 goals tonight, and another last night, to make 6 for the weekend."

Apparently Mittlesdorf is no longer on the team? (After only one game without an appearance, I wouldn't count on it though.)
            This is comedy gold! Clymer tries too hard to be that "clever color guy" and ends up rambling on. If tDoug says Santa Ranta, I'm gonna lose it.

HIGHLIGHTS

Comment

1. 'Santo Ranta'

Talking about the passing of John Gagliardi he referred to him as a great baseball coach. He probably was at some point but probably not what he will be remembered for...

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                I tuned into KDAL radio (Duluth) for a bit to listen to the [cough] announcers from UMD. After the game, they were mocking the announced attendance of 8000+, "a lot of Gopher fans are celebrating Halloween early this year dressed as empty seats". Granted it's only one series, but if this team continues to improve (which I think it will) the attendance woes will diminish. Best way to market and fill the arena with fans? WIN.
                The same party must have been in Duluth on Saturday.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  I agree with both of your comments. Overall our entire team played great, but the GA was worrisome and left a lot of room for improvement. On too many occasions Mat Robson had to come up huge to bail our (lack of) team D out. Definitely room for improvement, especially deep around and in front our net.
                  Partially agree. The GA doesn't concern me so much. When a good team jumps out to a lead, they often manage the score. Four goals is not unreasonable against a #1 team and former NC. Having said that, there were way too many shots through to Robson - that was a constant throughout the game and needs to change.

Four goals is not a problem under the circumstances, but yeah Robson had to stand on his head to limit it to that.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

1. 'Santo Ranta'

And just think, FSN North was still better than that amateur broadcast tUMD put together up in Duluth on Saturday. Despite having to listen to McLeod(who I don't mind) and Clymer(who I despise) was still 50 times better than Saturday and they actually had microphones around the rink so you could hear the action/crowd more than just through the announcers mics. Lol!
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

That win was good, but not sure if it was enough to hold me over until the next televised game in NOVEMBER!
                      Happy to be going to Vegas for this reason.

Going to be tough with only exhibition games between now and then though!
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                        they actually had microphones around the rink so you could hear the action/crowd more than just through the announcers mics. Lol!
                        You know, virtually every broadcast can transform itself from a totally amateurish sounding broadcast to one that is sufficient if they understand this concept. It's the difference between sounding like you're under a blanket and being at a game.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Surprised US Under-18 stomped Notre Dame 4-1. Should be an interesting ex. on the road this Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                            Surprised US Under-18 stomped Notre Dame 4-1. Should be an interesting ex. on the road this Sat.
                            They are loaded with first rounders including the number one overall. They also scored three on the backup. Would not surprise me to lose the exhibition like the last time we played a number one overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              They are loaded with first rounders including the number one overall. They also scored three on the backup. Would not surprise me to lose the exhibition like the last time we played a number one overall.
                              Looking at the polls you would think ND is as good as last season, but they're actually a young team. They definitely lost some fire power (F Jake Evans (13-33-46), F Andrew Oglevie (15-24-39), D Jordan Gross (10-20-30)). Not sure if US Under-18 is that good or ND had some growing pains and Morris had an off night. Cale Morris is usually very good in net, so the lopsided score is surprising.

Comment

They scored three on the backup

Comment

Working...
                                X