University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

The Bulldogs and Gophers open the 2018-2019 season this Saturday night at Amsoil Arena. Will the Bulldogs add to their eight straight wins vs the Gophers?

Re: University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

Originally posted by Duluthian View Post
    Will the Bulldogs add to their eight straight wins vs the Gophers?
    Yes. I'm not even sure why the Gophers are bothering to make the trip.

Duluth wins 20-0 on Saturday. tDogs feel bad on Sunday and keep it under double digits to keep the 8 Gopher fans in attendance at Mariucci from booing too loudly, 9-0 UMD.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

These two teams have a history of spoiling banner night, so have to side with history. I don't expect Gophers can sweep though so predicting two wins for the road teams.
      Much higher expectations rest on the Bulldogs this year but I think with a new coach and relaxed expectations, Gophers might find some spark and chemistry and put together quite a year. Too bad this series is played early in the year and not later
      I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
        Too bad this series is played early in the year and not later
        Yeah, and really too bad the two exhibition games are being played BEFORE the series against the defending national champs.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

UMD will be jacked up for this series. Will the gophers get up for the game? They have had that problem before. I think split with a pair of home wins.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Will the gophers get up for the game? They have had that problem before.
            Sarcastic response: Sounds like a personal problem.
            Serious response: No.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              Sarcastic response: Sounds like a personal problem.
              Serious response: No.
              Why are you such a Debbie?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Why are you such a Debbie?
                Been hanging out with Bonin too much.

I'm actually pretty hopeful about the Gophers this year.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Have to figure a close bulldog sweep. There's a big question around just who for MN will put the puck in the net. Maybe Pitlick, but that's not going to win these games.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Have to figure a close bulldog sweep. There's a big question around just who for MN will put the puck in the net. Maybe Pitlick, but that's not going to win these games.
                    Gates and Sheehy had as many goals last year as Rem and Sheehy was never really fully healthy was he? Don't sleep on Ranta either even as an incoming Fr.

No they don't return a lot of goals but they severely under-performed on the PP last season which is something I don't think will repeat and look for guys like Rossini and Phillips take a step forward on the blueline offensively. I think they'll be much more gritty this year and get a few more greasy goals. Word from camp is guys like Phillips and Sheehy have added weight and Brinkman, and Brinkman, Wait and Ranta have done the same since arriving for their very first practice.

Comment

I don’t understand the title. I didn’t realize the gophers were playing themselves.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        UMD will be jacked up for this series. Will the gophers get up for the game? They have had that problem before. I think split with a pair of home wins.
                        Wish these games were played after both teams had a little more time to play together. Never know what you'll get from a team this early in the year, and tickets aren't exactly cheap. A lot of people are thinking the new scenery of a coaching change will get MN playing better this year relative to expectations based on their talent level on paper. But I'm not sure how much of a different system a new staff can impose on a team after so little time with them. Might show some signs of disarray this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Gates and Sheehy had as many goals last year as Rem and Sheehy was never really fully healthy was he? Don't sleep on Ranta either even as an incoming Fr.

No they don't return a lot of goals but they severely under-performed on the PP last season which is something I don't think will repeat and look for guys like Rossini and Phillips take a step forward on the blueline offensively. I think they'll be much more gritty this year and get a few more greasy goals. Word from camp is guys like Phillips and Sheehy have added weight and Brinkman, and Brinkman, Wait and Ranta have done the same since arriving for their very first practice.
                          Lots of people, including the new coach, are high on Sheehy. Especially being healthy this year which it sounds like he was not for the better part of last season.

The D and the PP are the big questions for me.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

fwiw Vegoe has said good things about Nanne and Stucker. Nanne make some mistakes last year to be sure but he didn't play a game for 2 full years.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              Wish these games were played after both teams had a little more time to play together. Never know what you'll get from a team this early in the year, and tickets aren't exactly cheap. A lot of people are thinking the new scenery of a coaching change will get MN playing better this year relative to expectations based on their talent level on paper. But I'm not sure how much of a different system a new staff can impose on a team after so little time with them. Might show some signs of disarray this weekend.
                              He was the ideal hire. Experience coaching world juniors team with a bunch of UMD players and talent from all schools..Lucia got lazy. Did he lose it himself, or did B1G turn him into a drone? Getting his *** slapped around by a school from Indiana—****someone’s gotta have some state pride. Motzko will be a boone. Don’t forget, he took SCSU from like 0-11 in NCAAs to a strong .500
                              I wanna go fast!

Comment

Working...
                              X