Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,423

    Re: University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Disapointing result last night but will hopefully show UMD what they need to fix next weekend.
    Not allowing breakaways would be one thing.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aD5...ature=youtu.be
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Good to know a regular season win erases National Titles now.
    Of course, it took this result for Speedy/DaveK to pop his head out of the gopher hole. Itís amazing how each year he talks so much $&@# about the NCHC but when results donít go his way, he disappears in April until the next season starts just to begin anew. Three years in a row now and youíd think heíd finally learn but who am I kidding. Itís classic DaveK.

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hobeytown
    Posts
    1,169

    Re: University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

    It was a good run.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    346

    Re: University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

    Last time I checked, the schools that make up the Big Ten hockey conference have more national titles than the schools that make up the NCHC. Also, the Gophers have more than twice as many as UMD.
    National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
    National championships won by NCHC schools : 20 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, Colorado College 2, MN-Duluth 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

    23 > 20

  5. #45
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Kills View Post
    Last time I checked, the schools that make up the Big Ten hockey conference have more national titles than the schools that make up the NCHC.
    And we're back to this BS again.
    At least he's changed it slightly this time...

  6. #46
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    114,904

    Re: University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

    Who gives a sh*?

    MN is 1-0-1 right now, after not losing to the #1 team in the nation. It was a fun weekend.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  7. #47
    Registered User Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,320

    Re: University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

    Well one Minnesotan team is the reigning National Champions, and the other started their year off by beating the number one team in the Nation. As a heavily taxed Minnesota citizen, I can live with that. There are 4 Minnesota teams in the top 11 right now, so it looks like it might be another good year for Hockey in Minnesota.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX


    The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

    this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

  8. #48
    I got the juice
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Adams County, CO
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

    Very fitting that over the last few years the Gopher hockey arena was renamed to Marcia Marcia Marcia Arena. That title used to be reserved for SCSU/JBSU but itís become evident UM flips quickly to that side when they arenít getting the attention the brother program is :-D

  9. #49
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    30,160
    Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Good to know a regular season win erases National Titles now.
    Why do you keep taking the bait?

  10. #50
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,771

    Re: University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Well one Minnesotan team is the reigning National Champions, and the other started their year off by beating the number one team in the Nation. As a heavily taxed Minnesota citizen, I can live with that. There are 4 Minnesota teams in the top 11 right now, so it looks like it might be another good year for Hockey in Minnesota.
    There has never been a time where all five Minnesota teams have been this good.

    Quote Originally Posted by UMD21 View Post
    Very fitting that over the last few years the Gopher hockey arena was renamed to Marcia Marcia Marcia Arena. That title used to be reserved for SCSU/JBSU but itís become evident UM flips quickly to that side when they arenít getting the attention the brother program is :-D
    So that's what 3M stands for!
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  11. #51
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Why do you keep taking the bait?
    He's not going to stop if ignored...so I may as well have some fun of my own.
    If that annoys you...oh well.

  12. #52
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    30,160

    Re: University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    He's not going to stop if ignored...so I may as well have some fun of my own.
    If that annoys you...oh well.
    it doesn't annoy me just friendly banter.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •