University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of Minnesota Bragging Rights: Gophers vs Bulldogs

It was a horse-bleep call. That's not even a going by the book call.

Comment

7-4 Gophers! Big Ten > NCHC!
      National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
      National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Oof.

Neutered.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The 4 GA concern me, but still happy as a pig in sh*.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            The 4 GA concern me, but still happy as a pig in sh*.
            Been too long without a win against these guys. After the night before, was good to see the goals coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
              Been too long without a win against these guys.
              Yep, WAY too long!

After the night before, was good to see the goals coming.
              Dogs couldn't take advantage of home ice; Gophers did. End of story.

P.S. Including the two women's game this weekend at UMD, Minnesota went 2-0-2 against the Dawgs, pretty cool.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

As for Lucia, I don't know if there was an issue with his coaching. He clearly was one of the best coaches in college hockey at one time. It is impossible for us watching only games to know when issues related to coaching, or team chemistry, or injuries, etc. Every year there are teams that seem to under-perform based on talent on paper and others that over-perform. Hard to know the dynamics from our view. So I think it is hard to know if Lucia 'got lazy'. (And look what Lucia did to turn around CC, if you want to talk about coaches turning teams around.)
                I agree with this sentiment regarding Lucia. None of us know what went on behind closed doors. I'm not as quick to heap piles of blame upon Lucia as others were.

I also agree with Biddco that perhaps Lucia/Lucia's message just got stale. Not sure why, but it was time for a change. It will be interesting to see how the Motzko era plays out as the season progresses and he gets more practice time with the team.
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

So we can finally stop talking about the losing streak to tUMD? Thank the good Lord!

Decent weekend. The worst part was that garbage broadcast on Saturday in Duluth. Second worst part was that penalty called on Nanne on Saturday. Third worst part was the four goals against on Sunday.

Should be a couple interesting weeks of practice, exhibition games, and banter leading up to the single game in Vegas.

Good luck until we meet again, tDogs/fans.
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                    7-4 Gophers! Big Ten > NCHC!
                    Good to know a regular season win erases National Titles now.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

It's too bad UMD's long streak against UMTC had to end. Disapointing result last night but will hopefully show UMD what they need to fix next weekend. UMTC did a really good job defensively and their goaltending was very good.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        Disapointing result last night but will hopefully show UMD what they need to fix next weekend.
                        Not allowing breakaways would be one thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aD5...ature=youtu.be
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Good to know a regular season win erases National Titles now.
                          Of course, it took this result for Speedy/DaveK to pop his head out of the gopher hole. It’s amazing how each year he talks so much $&@# about the NCHC but when results don’t go his way, he disappears in April until the next season starts just to begin anew. Three years in a row now and you’d think he’d finally learn but who am I kidding. It’s classic DaveK.

Comment

It was a good run.

Comment

Last time I checked, the schools that make up the Big Ten hockey conference have more national titles than the schools that make up the NCHC. Also, the Gophers have more than twice as many as UMD.
                              National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                              National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                                Last time I checked, the schools that make up the Big Ten hockey conference have more national titles than the schools that make up the NCHC.
                                And we're back to this BS again.
                                At least he's changed it slightly this time...
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X