X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '18-19'

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Clarkson is winning ugly.
    Totally agree but I guess winning is better than losing no matter how it gets done.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

1 Clarkson
      2 Wisconsin
      3 Minnesota
      4 Duluth
      5 Ohio State
      6 BC
      7 Northeastern
      8 Providence
      9 UConn
      10 Colgate

I can’t place a team that hasn’t played in the top 10.
      Last edited by Puckdrop14; 10-06-2018, 11:13 PM.

Comment

1 Clarkson
        2 Wisconsin
        3 Minnesota
        4 OSU
        5 UMD
        6 BC
        7 Northeastern
        8 Colgate
        9 SLU
        10 UCONN
        Last edited by arenalife; 10-08-2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
          I can’t place a team that hasn’t played in the top 10.
          I never understand this. You wouldn't think Clarkson was one of the 10 best teams if they hadn't played yet because of when their games start?
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

1. UW
            2. UM
            3. CU
            4. UMD
            5. OSU
            6. BC
            7. NE
            8. Colgate
            9. Cornell
            10. Mercyhurst - need to give them some love. They lined up the most brutal early schedule possible and didn't embarrass themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              I never understand this. You wouldn't think Clarkson was one of the 10 best teams if they hadn't played yet because of when their games start?
              I am not saying Cornell is not one of the top 10 teams. What I am saying is that I can’t rank them until they play. I would have the same answer for any team that hasn’t played whether it’s Clarkson, Wisconsin or BC. They will find their way into the ranking once they play if they deserve to be there.

Comment

I am not saying Cornell is not one of the top 10 teams. What I am saying is that I can’t rank them until they play. I would have the same answer for any team that hasn’t played whether it’s Clarkson, Wisconsin or BC. They will find their way into the ranking once they play if they deserve to be there.
                No you are actually literally saying Cornell is not one of the top 10 teams lol... You said "here is a list of the top 10 teams, and Cornell is not one of them"

Comment

No you are actually literally saying Cornell is not one of the top 10 teams lol... You said "here is a list of the top 10 teams, and Cornell is not one of them"
                  I said I can’t rank a team that hasn’t played in the top 10. They may be #1 for all I know however until they play I will not rank them. If you don’t like my answer, don’t use my ranking in your calculation. Thanks.

Comment

I take it you're not a big believer in pre-season polls, eh?
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      That was the other thought I had lol

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        I am until the season starts!😋

Comment

That was the other thought I had lol
                          Give me a break! I did include a team that is 1 and 2 in my top 10 list so I am open to change!

Comment

Give me a break! I did include a team that is 1 and 2 in my top 10 list so I am open to change!
                            I'm just picking on you, I love to talk polls -- I'll love it more when BC climbs out of the hole they're in!

Comment

The "what's up with that" themed top ten...

1. Clarkson - They have been outshot in 3 of the 4 games they have played against lesser opponents...What's up with that?
                              2. Wisconsin - Kristen Campbell has a .894 save percentage through 4 games against Lindenwood and Mercyhurst...What's up with that?
                              3. Minnesota - Brad Frost didn't get a commitment from a 7th grader last week...What's up with that?
                              4. UMD - Got badly outshot by Minnesota after putting the clamps on bc the previous weekend...What's up with that?
                              5. Ohio State - Going 3-1 against ECAC teams without Sauve...What's up with that?
                              6. bc - Only put up 5 goals against their first cupcake of the season...Watt's up with that?
                              7. Cornell - Ranking an unknown...What's up with that?
                              8. Providence - Beating up on a supposedly decent WCHA foe...What's up with that?
                              9. Colgate - 2-2 so far with their roster...What's up with that?
                              10. Maine - Black Bears might actually be good...What's up with that?
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Still a bit early to spend too much time pontificating on the standings, so:

My picks
                                1. Clarkson
                                2. Wisconsin
                                3. Minnesota
                                4. Minnesota Duluth
                                5. Ohio State
                                6. Colgate
                                7. Boston College
                                8. Cornell
                                9. NorthEastern
                                10. St Lawrence

Comment