Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '18-19'

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    I didn't think that they were really struggling at any point in that season. The WCHA was very good that year. Their record throughout was comparable with this season. In fact, I'd say Minnesota has struggled more this time. With all of the adversity that team had to deal with off the ice, I thought they dealt with it well.
    They had lost several games, 5-6?, I was not expecting them to go all the way let alone tear off 62 in a row. Sure, they have had rougher seasons but none that ened with the trophy. But the point was it is still early and teams that lost games "they should not have lost" have plenty of time to right the ship

Comment

1. UW
      2. UM
      3. Princeton
      4. Cornell
      5. NE
      6. OSU
      7. Providence
      8. Clarkson
      9. BC
      10. Mankato State
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The good news about a weekly poll is that there's always next week to revisit...

1 Wisconsin
        2 Minnesota
        3 Northeastern
        4 Princeton
        5 Cornell
        6 Providence
        7 Ohio State
        8 Clarkson
        9 Minnesota State, Mankato
        10 Boston College
        2005 Piston Cup Champion

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
          They had lost several games, 5-6?, I was not expecting them to go all the way let alone tear off 62 in a row. Sure, they have had rougher seasons but none that ened with the trophy. But the point was it is still early and teams that lost games "they should not have lost" have plenty of time to right the ship
          The Gophers lost only three games prior to the Christmas break in 2011-12: 3-2 on 14 October in Madison; 2-1 on 29 October in Bemidji; and 3-0 on 3 December in Grand Forks. They weren't struggling in any sense of the word.

Comment

1) Wisconsin
            2) Minnesota
            3) Cornell
            4) Princeton
            5) Providence
            6) Northeastern
            7) Clarkson
            8) Ohio State
            9) Boston College
            10) Colgate

Comment

1 Rodents
              2 Wisco
              3 Northeastern
              4 Princeton
              5 Cornell
              6 OSU
              7 Clarkson
              8 Kato
              9 BC
              10 Prov

Comment

I normally have some fun filling out the poll but this has gotten ridiculous. After the first 2 which are in a category all to themselves it's just going to have to be a projection of where I think they will end up.

1. Wisconsin - If they play Minnesota on a Friday or Ohio State on a Saturday they could be vulnerable.
                2. Minnesota - It's been said that this team has the highest ceiling of any of the teams. You do see flashes of it sometimes, just not much on Saturday.

3. Northeastern? - I know they have a great record but losing to Holy Cross? I think this spot will eventually go back to Clarkson.
                4. Cornell? - Some good wins but too many ties... I could be wrong here but I think this eventually will be bc.
                5. Providence? - Again with the record but I just don't trust their league...I think this is where Ohio State belongs.
                6. CLarkson? - Rough go for them lately but enough talent to overcome their troubles. This is where either Colgate or Cornell wind up...If pressed I'll say Colgate.
                7. Ohio State? - Talented but like many others, struggling with consistency. Since I chose Colgate for 6 I'll say Cornell here.
                8. bc? - They could be lower at this point but they have got to be better than this, right? Maybe Northeastern winds up here?
                9. Princeton? - I guess the badger fans think they're pretty good but that's probably the thinner talking...Could be that this is where Princeton winds up.
                10. Minnesota State? - This is all about giving some props to Abigail Levy...I think this is probably where Providence/St Lawrence will be?
                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 12-02-2018, 11:37 PM. Reason: I really have no clue past the top 5
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  3. Northeastern? - I know they have a great record but losing to Holy Cross? I think this spot will eventually go back to Clarkson.
                  Without having seen either team play and just going by the results, I think Boston College is more likely rebound than Clarkson, though I'd put a decent probability on both. BC's losses are to better teams, and except for the first night of the season (and discounting empty net goals), none of them have been by more than one goal. I just watched Yale play two games, and losing to them 5-1 is a huge red flag. I wasn't at all impressed by St. Lawrence, either. I have Clarkson ranked higher than BC right now, but everyone in the slots from 3-10 is basically a random draw at this point. Something is clearly wrong in Newton, but I have a feeling that it's something that a month off may well cure.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                    BC's losses are to better teams...
                    I don't think BU is better than either Cornell or Colgate.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I don't think BU is better than either Cornell or Colgate.
                      Cornell I'll give you, but I don't think BU is appreciably worse than a Colgate team that has lost to Brown and Penn State. Overall, BC's losses have come against a stronger slate of teams than Clarkson's.

Comment

1. Wisconsin
                        2. Minnesota
                        3. Cornell
                        4. Princeton
                        5. Ohio St
                        6. Providence
                        7. Northeastern
                        8. Clarkson
                        9. BC
                        10. Colgate

Comment

1) WI
                          2) MN

3) Princeton
                          4) Cornell
                          5) NE
                          6) Providence
                          7) Clarkson
                          8) BC
                          9) OSU
                          10) Colgate

Comment

1. Wisconsin
                            2. Minnesota
                            3. Cornell - If not for 4Nations, they are 11-1-1
                            4. Northeastern
                            5. Ohio St
                            6. Princeton
                            7. Clarkson
                            8. Providence
                            9. Colgate
                            10. Mankato
                            Last edited by arenalife; 12-03-2018, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                              Cornell I'll give you, but I don't think BU is appreciably worse than a Colgate team that has lost to Brown and Penn State.
                              Okay, but it has changed from "better" to "not appreciably worse". Anyway, I think that Colgate has the potential to be a far better team than BU does. I also think we have to consider a team's wins in addition to its losses, and I like Colgate's better than BU's wins.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Okay, but it has changed from "better" to "not appreciably worse".
                                No, it didn't. I stand by my original claim: BC is losing to better teams than Clarkson is. That does not mean that every single team that BC has lost to is better than every single team that Clarkson has lost to. And, while I agree that Colgate is more likely than BU to improve going forward, that's only partially relevant to the question of what does it mean that Clarkson lost to them right now.
                                Last edited by Still Eeyore; 12-03-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X