Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-19 WCHA Season: 3 Bids And The Second Round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-19 WCHA Season: 3 Bids And The Second Round?

I didn't realise they (UND, DU) had as much of a problem with WCHA leadership. I thought it was more of a case that they wanted to get away from the small schools and small venues. But the article does mention two factions split on approaches to the budget . The next two parts will be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      I didn't realise they (UND, DU) had as much of a problem with WCHA leadership. I thought it was more of a case that they wanted to get away from the small schools and small venues. But the article does mention two factions split on approaches to the budget . The next two parts will be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Oh yeah, I think a lot of wanting to change was getting new leadership between McLeod and Shep Sr. Shep is still in charge of WCHA refs...The fear of not being able to get anything they wanted because of the smaller school voting no on spending was the other big issue.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Oh yeah, I think a lot of wanting to change was getting new leadership between McLeod and Shep Sr. Shep is still in charge of WCHA refs...The fear of not being able to get anything they wanted because of the smaller school voting no on spending was the other big issue.
        The part of the story that talked about the request by the big schools that McLeod not be renewed, then everyone leaves, only to come back and find out that the executive committee controlled by the small schools went ahead and extended McLeod was also interesting and not something of which I was aware.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Buckle up those helmets, boys! 5 WCHA-NCHC matchups tonight and tomorrow night. This is where we’ve been killed in non-con the last few years. A split weekend would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
            Buckle up those helmets, boys! 5 WCHA-NCHC matchups tonight and tomorrow night. This is where we’ve been killed in non-con the last few years. A split weekend would be great.
            4 of 5 of the WCHA-NCHC contests tonight are on WCHA ice.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              The part of the story that talked about the request by the big schools that McLeod not be renewed, then everyone leaves, only to come back and find out that the executive committee controlled by the small schools went ahead and extended McLeod was also interesting and not something of which I was aware.
              Not sure how much of a difference in the end this made in the creation of the NCHC but it makes you wonder if the WCHA would've stayed unchanged if McLeod's contract wasn't renewed. I'm on the more cynical side and think even if McLeod was removed, the NCHC would've still came about eventually. It was a great read. Looking forward to parts 2 and 3.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                Not sure how much of a difference in the end this made in the creation of the NCHC but it makes you wonder if the WCHA would've stayed unchanged if McLeod's contract wasn't renewed. I'm on the more cynical side and think even if McLeod was removed, the NCHC would've still came about eventually. It was a great read. Looking forward to parts 2 and 3.
                Almost seems like it would have happened slower, and been more thought out.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  The Grand Forks Herald is publishing a three part series on the the NCHC formation and the breakup of the old WCHA and CCHA.

Part 1.
                  At another point, the late Alaska Anchorage athletic director Steve Cobb cursed at the larger-budget schools and demanded to know whether they were leaving or not. He then proposed a $500,000 buyout for any school that leaves the WCHA.

The larger-budget schools, who felt they had long subsidized Alaska Anchorage, were irate.
                  The same larger-budget schools that forced UAA to pay thousands in travel costs each year? JFC no wonder Cobb was cursing at them!
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Bsu 2, und 1....final!
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Congrats to Bemidji and Mankato for the big wins. Tech tried hard, but came up just short. Anytime BU loses is a good night.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        Congrats to Bemidji and Mankato for the big wins. Tech tried hard, but came up just short. Anytime BU loses is a good night.
                        It was a much different BU team than we played out there last year. This team seemed much more willing to block shots and fight for pucks. I think they’ll be fine this year.
                        Great win, Beavs!

Comment

Sorry, y'all...

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            Sorry, y'all...

GFM
                            Are you getting good looks and no luck, or no looks?

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                              Are you getting good looks and no luck, or no looks?
                              Few looks...again. We've been outshot an average of 43-15 in the first three games. Early, yes, but concerning.
                              Michael Napier - UAH '97
                              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                              U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                              NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                              CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                              CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Has anyone tried the new streaming from FLO?

Comment

Working...
                                X