Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-19 WCHA Season: 3 Bids And The Second Round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-19 WCHA Season: 3 Bids And The Second Round?

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    Has anyone tried the new streaming from FLO?
    I did a little yesterday on my Roku with the Ferris State and Michigan Tech games, and they both seemed to work well for me.
    Michael Napier - UAH '97
    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Seems there was quite a bit of complaining about the UAF feed last night, but _airbanks seemed to acknowledge it was on their side.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
        I did a little yesterday on my Roku with the Ferris State and Michigan Tech games, and they both seemed to work well for me.
        All the games I tried worked fine for me. Quality seemed the same as last year. The set up last year seemed easier as far as finding games to re-play them on demand. Unless I am missing where to find the replayed games.

Comment

Congrats Cats!

Congrats Beavers at going 1-0-1 this weekend against UND. Went into an angry, hostile environment and hung tough. Excellent Defense. Gave up only 2 goals for the weekend. :-)

Nice sweep Mankato.
          Last edited by Andrew J Carter; 10-13-2018, 09:50 PM. Reason: add on

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Seems there was quite a bit of complaining about the UAF feed last night, but _airbanks seemed to acknowledge it was on their side.
            Streaming it tonight and it’s been good. Better than last year, IMO. At least for UAF.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              The same larger-budget schools that forced UAA to pay thousands in travel costs each year? JFC no wonder Cobb was cursing at them!
              Make no mistake, it was all about money. The bigger programs wanted to partner with bigger programs to increase the revenue pie. UAA, UAF, Tech, Ferris, et al didn’t bring enough $$$ and eyeballs to the table. Follow the money.

It wasn’t so much about travel like some claim. Every season since the split, at least one if not two NCHC teams has made the trip to either Fairbanks or Anchorage. I think Duluth and Miami are the only two teams who haven’t made the trip to AK since the formation of the NCHC.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

They wanted to increase the revenue pie, and they also hated having to share tournament profits with schools that they felt were not pulling their weight and spending at a level necessary to field a competitive team. Which was an absolutely correct assessment of UAA and Tech at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  Streaming it tonight and it’s been good. Better than last year, IMO. At least for UAF.
                  I used the FLO roku channel and watched several different games, however I had signed up via my laptop. So now it's not clear if I got the yearly fee or if I am paying the weekly or game to game fee. I do think the league as a whole is better than last year.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    The Grand Forks Herald is publishing a three part series on the the NCHC formation and the breakup of the old WCHA and CCHA.
                    Part 1.
                    "A lot of credit is due to Brian Faison at North Dakota. He deserves a ton of credit for putting ego aside and doing what’s right for the league."

Not hard to tell the article was written by a Whioux fan. I guess UND just forgot about doing what was best for the WCHA and that part didn't make the story. Well so far the article has more spin than a cycling class at the Y. We'll see what parts II and III bring to light.
                    Ryan
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      It was better on Saturday night, but I wouldn't call it good. The video wasn't crystal clear when there was fast movement on the ice. And the first period of Fridays game was unwatchable.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Part 2 of the NCHC series from the Grand Forks Herald. I have not seen Part 3 online yet, but it should have came out Sunday.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...o-commissioner
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          "A lot of credit is due to Brian Faison at North Dakota. He deserves a ton of credit for putting ego aside and doing what’s right for the league."

Not hard to tell the article was written by a Whioux fan. I guess UND just forgot about doing what was best for the WCHA and that part didn't make the story. Well so far the article has more spin than a cycling class at the Y. We'll see what parts II and III bring to light.
                          Ryan
                          I think Schlossman is right. UND was the big dog. He could have pushed for them to get more of everything because they drive the conference tournament and TV revenue, but he didn't...
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            I think Schlossman is right. UND was the big dog. He could have pushed for them to get more of everything because they drive the conference tournament and TV revenue, but he didn't...
                            I dunno, man. If what he reports is true, the very first time that the big money schools had a big disagreement, the low-budget schools went directly against them with McLeod. And let's be honest, there is no way that was the first indication that it was going to continue.

I'm not necessarily taking everything as gospel as this is being told from the NCHC point of view, but, if that's the way things were playing out from the start, why wouldn't they think that it was going to continue? I still think that a better solution could have been worked out, but it would have taken BOTH groups of schools to give and take. Yes, I know schools like UAA felt they were already giving more than they should have had to, but the reality is that they were also receiving a lot of cash from the tournament and the league that they had very little part in generating. The whole situation sucks and I just wish that ALL of the schools have been of the mind of "doing what's right for the league" when it was still the WCHA and CCHA. The WCHA (and to a lesser extent, the CCHA) was rolling along for a long time and it seems as though many, many people got too complacent while many, many other people were trying to move in another direction.
                            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

It remains to be seen if indeed what they did was for the best, or just the best for them and their friends. If there is further adjustment in the leagues, which there will be, it might not end up all that great for some teams and that would be a huge shame if you ask me.
                              I don't think you can say with any certainty that the decision to form another league has or has not been for the better.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                It remains to be seen if indeed what they did was for the best, or just the best for them and their friends. If there is further adjustment in the leagues, which there will be, it might not end up all that great for some teams and that would be a huge shame if you ask me.
                                I don't think you can say with any certainty that the decision to form another league has or has not been for the better.
                                Agreed. I always geta chuckle out of the "It's better forcollege hockey if..." comments. I hear it about the conference realignment or about such and such a team being good or about this scholl or that school adding hockey or any number of other situations. It's funny because no one thinks of the consequences of decisions and if something negative happens because of those very decisions, it's played off onto something else.
                                Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Working...
                                X