UMD 2018-19 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD 2018-19 Season Thread

New news...Brykaliuk new UMD Assistant Coach...

https://umdbulldogs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=468&path=

Comment

Last week it was US$21.95 for a monthly pass with NCHA.

Now, a week later, it's US$29.99 for a month with FloHockey!!!

Anyone know what's going on and what happened to NCHA? And exactly what you are getting for that fee?
      Last edited by Blackbeard; 10-05-2018, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
        https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2018/10...he-season.aspx

"In fact, Rooney had the third most saves in the nation last weekend against the Golden Eagles..."
        I wasn't aware that BC changed their nickname to the Golden Eagles.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          I wasn't aware that BC changed their nickname to the Golden Eagles.
          They got cross pollinated with Clarkson.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

OK, that was one weird period of hockey with 5 or maybe even all 6 goals being surprising.

UM 4 - UMD 2 after one.

Would be an idea if UMD tried to play some of the game in the other end.

Comment

Wonder if either UMD or Minnesota is using goalies tonight...
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

OK, that was one weird period of hockey with 5 or maybe even all 6 goals being surprising.

UM 4 - UMD 2 after one.

Would be an idea if UMD tried to play some of the game in the other end.
                Weird start for sure as UMD scored on their first shot about a minute in, but it didn't take long for the Gophers to respond with some smothering pressure.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Scoreless second...Rooney looking better and did Hansen say 32 -17 SOG for UM?

UMD offence looking disjuncted. Stalder, Brykaliuk and McGovern playmaking this ain't but you get the sense that there are good ingredients here.

Defence seems bewildered at times with UM having a distinct advantage in time of possession and puck control.

Comment

UM 5 - UMD 2 final.

UM definitely the superior team tonight and certainly deserved the win.

The 'Dog offence needs to support each other better and get on the same page...a work in progress?

And the defence needs to play...well, defence. They were absent early in the game.

And Rooney, while not looking like Rooney early, didn't have much defensive support, as mentioned.

Add a top notch opponent and there you have it.

Is this the team that swept BC last week? I don't know because I didn't see that series.

I rather suspect not but if anyone saw that series and this game your comments are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      Wonder if either UMD or Minnesota is using goalies tonight...
                      Both teams seemed to play most of the game with five forwards. Over the first 45 minutes, the teams probably combined for about six good defensive shifts. Neither goalie looked very good, but they weren't the fundamental problem for either side.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                        Both teams seemed to play most of the game with five forwards. Over the first 45 minutes, the teams probably combined for about six good defensive shifts. Neither goalie looked very good, but they weren't the fundamental problem for either side.
                        Thanks for your analysis over on the Gopher thread. I was hoping that someone who was actually seeing the first period, as I wasn't able to see the stream until later, could comment on that. I was only able to get stats on my phone for the first period and the goals seemed like they were coming in bunches.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Making my way up to amsoil for the first time since the frozen four a few years ago. Any recommendations for place to eat between the women's and men's games? Something fairly nice would be good, considering I convinced my wife to spend our anniversary watching hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                            Making my way up to amsoil for the first time since the frozen four a few years ago. Any recommendations for place to eat between the women's and men's games? Something fairly nice would be good, considering I convinced my wife to spend our anniversary watching hockey!
                            I would avoid Canal Park as it will be a madhouse of fans by the time the hockey game ends and the guy start doing that thing they do on ice. Maybe OMC Smokehouse just off the exit to 53.

That probably isn't what you wanted but if Canal is as bad as I have seen it at times it might be faster

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                              Bellisio's...(upscale Italian) just over the footbridge from Amsoil on the right hand side.

That should keep you out of the 'Doghouse...pun intended.

https://www.bellisios.com/

Comment

Bellisio's...(upscale Italian) just over the footbridge from Amsoil on the right hand side.

That should keep you out of the 'Doghouse...pun intended.

https://www.bellisios.com/
                                THE BRIDGE FROM AMSOIL TO CANAL PARK IS CLOSED!

I should have said that earlier but it didn't cross my mind.
                                They are doing some sort of Maintenance work and the drawbridge is up
                                Last edited by ne7minder; 10-06-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X