X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes and no. I can sense it. I see it with the people I talk to. Especially the people I know who are Trumpers. It's not just the press. And a month ago I did believe that the Dems had it going. But, the Kavanaugh thing has changed things. Everyone was glued to the TVs during that hearing last week and it fired up the Republican base. Mitch will get him through, he thinks it's his legacy to get the Court with a full anti-gay anti-abortion majority before he loses his leadership position.

Things can change. But, this is just like the Billy Bush video. Dems "thought" it helped them and it boomeranged.

North Dakota appears to be a loss for sure.
    If the people of North Dakota are stupid enough to elect Cramer because of this most likely they were anyways. That sucks for the Senate there is no doubt. As long as the House flips the Numbnuts in Chief cant do anything and we can hopefully stall out the decline for two more years.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go and the crap they will look the the way for to get their pet issue dealt with. Religion has done nothing but destroy everything since the birth of the modern era and now it is destroying this country.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      If the people of North Dakota are stupid enough to elect Cramer because of this most likely they were anyways. That sucks for the Senate there is no doubt. As long as the House flips the Numbnuts in Chief cant do anything and we can hopefully stall out the decline for two more years.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go and the crap they will look the the way for to get their pet issue dealt with. Religion has done nothing but destroy everything since the birth of the modern era and now it is destroying this country.
      I'm praying for the House at this point. Turtle Boy being in charge and a full complete conservative Supreme Court with two sexual deviants on it will have me power puking for the next decade or more.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Agreed. The notion that Trumpers weren't already fired up for this election is absurd. What we're going to find out is are there less people calling themselves Republicans now (aka the Kasich crowd although he himself hasn't left the party) and are Dems keeping up with a surge in turnout as they have pretty much all year.

I called out Calgary Ted earlier because its pretty well known that Trump hates him after the screw job Ted pulled during his speech at the convention, and a recent poll showed that few Republicans think the Dems will even retake the House, let alone the Senate. If Fox Snooze and Alex Jones are telling you the GOP is going to pick up every Senate seat in states that Trump won last year, you might not be too interested in saving the Zodiac Killer from the unemployment line.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Agreed. The notion that Trumpers weren't already fired up for this election is absurd. What we're going to find out is are there less people calling themselves Republicans now (aka the Kasich crowd although he himself hasn't left the party) and are Dems keeping up with a surge in turnout as they have pretty much all year.

I called out Calgary Ted earlier because its pretty well known that Trump hates him after the screw job Ted pulled during his speech at the convention, and a recent poll showed that few Republicans think the Dems will even retake the House, let alone the Senate. If Fox Snooze and Alex Jones are telling you the GOP is going to pick up every Senate seat in states that Trump won last year, you might not be too interested in saving the Zodiac Killer from the unemployment line.
          I'm telling you. I know you don't believe me but something changed in the last week. How big or how small it ends up being is yet to be determined, but something did change.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Senator Grassley already saying there is no hint of misconduct in the latest report. Sounds like a done deal.
            You expected him to say otherwise? They could have found a picture of Kavanaugh flashing chicks while chugging a beer and that moron would have said that.

What a farce...the sad thing is the FBI didnt look into anything, not because the President told them not to, but just because. I gotta admit I didnt see that coming. They didnt even talk to Dr. Ford...THE INVESTIGATION WAS SUPPOSED TO LOOK INTO HER CLAIM! I mean I get if you dont want to talk to the other witnesses who contacted you (no I dont but still) but the whole purpose of this charade was to investigate the claims of both parties and you cant take the time to interview the victim and the accused? It isnt like you ran out of time or something...you have another 2 days! I guess the FBI got sick of Trump calling them out every twelve seconds cause this makes no sense.

Seriously I wish we could interview the current members of the Court...I doubt any of them want this guy. I guarantee Roberts doesnt and would bet money Gorsuch doesnt either. They dont want someone on the Court who lashes out and claims a Left Wing Clinton Conspiracy. It is one thing to vote along party lines...it is another to openly attack the other side.

Its all good though...because at least we know now the Bible Humpers will be happy. They sure do love to vote for people that Jesus would never want representing him and his teachings.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You expected him to say otherwise? They could have found a picture of Kavanaugh flashing chicks while chugging a beer and that moron would have said that.

What a farce...the sad thing is the FBI didnt look into anything, not because the President told them not to, but just because. I gotta admit I didnt see that coming. They didnt even talk to Dr. Ford...THE INVESTIGATION WAS SUPPOSED TO LOOK INTO HER CLAIM! I mean I get if you dont want to talk to the other witnesses who contacted you (no I dont but still) but the whole purpose of this charade was to investigate the claims of both parties and you cant take the time to interview the victim and the accused? It isnt like you ran out of time or something...you have another 2 days! I guess the FBI got sick of Trump calling them out every twelve seconds cause this makes no sense.

Seriously I wish we could interview the current members of the Court...I doubt any of them want this guy. I guarantee Roberts doesnt and would bet money Gorsuch doesnt either. They dont want someone on the Court who lashes out and claims a Left Wing Clinton Conspiracy. It is one thing to vote along party lines...it is another to openly attack the other side.

Its all good though...because at least we know now the Bible Humpers will be happy. They sure do love to vote for people that Jesus would never want representing him and his teachings.
              They skip the Gospels and go straight to Paul. I've been saying that for years.

Comment

It's a tweet.
                Touche; however, I hear the terms used other places incorrectly as well.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm telling you. I know you don't believe me but something changed in the last week. How big or how small it ends up being is yet to be determined, but something did change.
                  Maybe it did, maybe it didnt. We still have another month things can and will change again. It is like taking the PWR in the first two weeks of the season the results will be volatile.

It is rather disheartening that it appears this is not having the effect it should but part of me also thinks that is the problem with the polling on both sides. I have theories (which arent relevant here) about why this is happening but I have been noticing trends. Something is off and again that is on both sides of the aisle.

We will see. I will stand by what I have said for months if the Dems vote they will win way more than they lose next month. If they quit, well, yeah.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So do we trust the "Rosenstein as the #2" FBI to do a proper investigation of a matter or not.
                    Think of it: Trump will praise Rosenstein and the FBI ... today ...
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Ed Markey calling this a Republican cover up. Jesus just shut up.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I want to hear from the senior Senator from MN and the junior Senator from DE after their turns to read. And Sen Flake.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Regardless of the truth, I think the falsely accused narrative resonates with a lot of people.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Not to mince words, but couldn't there only be three witnesses per Dr. Ford's account: Kavanaugh, Judge, and herself. Anyone beyond would be offering corroborating hearsay, wouldn't they?
                            Hearsay is still evidence.

Comment

This is a done deal. Mitch is on the floor right now. I've heard from both sides. Diane and Chuck were on earlier. The Dems overplayed their hand and it will now blow up in their face.

My guess is Kavanaugh gets every Republican and two Democrats to vote for him.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                This is a little off the path here, but it's something that I'm curious about. I didn't get to watch the testimony live, so I've only seen news clips of it. I was wondering if this came up at all.

It has to do with the captions in the yearbook that referred to Renate alumni and FFFF, etc...

I don't have any of my high school yearbooks around (fortunately), but as I recall we had our fair share of juvenile or "insider" quotes/captions under many of the photos. But at my school, people who were depicted in the photos didn't actually write the captions. There was a yearbook staff made up of a few kids from each class. They were in charge of taking and assembling the photo montages, making sure their were pictures of the various clubs and sports teams, writing the "clever" captions, etc...

When we got our yearbooks and opened them up to read them, one of things I recall is wondering what stupid things might be written about me or the group that I was in as depicted in that particular photo.

I had pretty much no input at all as to what was included in our yearbook, other than providing a photo and filling out a sheet that listed clubs, athletic teams etc..., that I participated in.

I don't know, maybe my school was different.
                                I don't doubt seniors had plenty of input and the editors wrote the pages. Several of the pages of the boys named have the same references to what are apparently inside jokes in many instances. Here's Squi's page, which is similar to the others.

The "Fffffade away" gives creedence to K's explanation (That Squi stuttered his f's) of the FFFFFfourth of July that Avenatti was so enthralled with. Devil's Triangle, Renate Alumni Club and other highly important references appear here as well as on Judge's page and others. I burned my own yearbook over the weekend.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X