X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Murkowski votes no.

lol. Manchin waited until the R's had the votes to pass on the first call It has passed. 51-49.
    bUt bErNiE IzN't a dEmOcRaT!

Comment

So as of now Murkowski is a no, Flake is a tentative yes and Collins will tell us at 3. Manchin needs to hold rank...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        The staffs have been looking to see if they have any vacation time for the past two weeks
        They're all living a Southwest Airlines commerical ... "Wanna get away?"
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          So as of now Murkowski is a no, Flake is a tentative yes and Collins will tell us at 3. Manchin needs to hold rank...
          I've got to believe Manchin goes whichever way Collins does. He's probably not going to supply a 50th vote, though I wish he'd go one step further an not supply a 51st vote either--force Pence to cast the tiebreaker if it comes to that.

Comment

Old joke ...

Q: How do you keep a bunch of idiots in suspense?

A:
            Collins announcing her vote at 3 ...
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
              I've got to believe Manchin goes whichever way Collins does. He's probably not going to supply a 50th vote, though I wish he'd go one step further an not supply a 51st vote either--force Pence to cast the tiebreaker if it comes to that.
              Question: What if Montana guy is at his daughter's wedding tomorrow and it's 50-49? Majority based on quorum or does VP/Prez of Senate cast the 51st?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                I agree with all of this.

Why the hell is Collins even announcing if the vote is tomorrow no matter what? It isnt like if she says yes anything changes and it just means 24 hours more of people ripping her to shreds. Unless she is voting no and she is doing it to look like a hero I dont get it. Then again I dont get anything Republicans do anymore they have gone off the rails into crazy land.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  Question: What if Montana guy is at his daughter's wedding tomorrow and it's 50-49? Majority based on quorum or does VP/Prez of Senate cast the 51st?
                  I believe it go by way of the majority. That was part of the issue with McCain being sick...

VP I believe only casts votes at 50-50.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Why the hell is Collins even announcing if the vote is tomorrow no matter what? It isnt like if she says yes anything changes and it just means 24 hours more of people ripping her to shreds. Unless she is voting no and she is doing it to look like a hero I dont get it. Then again I dont get anything Republicans do anymore they have gone off the rails into crazy land.
                    Courtesy to Manchin perhaps? So he doesn't have to wait until the eleventh hour to be told what his opinion is going to be.

Comment

VP I believe only casts votes at 50-50.
                      Nuance, but "breaks ties".

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

They all know.

Tell us the punchline to that earlier joke already. Or is there some serious negotiating* going on right now.

*AKA arm twisting, pork-barreling, graft, etc ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Saying she's voting yes so the Montana Senator can get on his plane to his daughters wedding without McConnell and Trump harassing him to stay.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Saying she's voting yes so the Montana Senator can get on his plane to his daughters wedding without McConnell and Trump harassing him to stay.
                            Yeah I’m gonna go with that

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              If Murkowski is a no, they'll need his vote even if Collins is a yes.

Edit: forgot about Manchin, he complicates things.

Comment

If there's 50 no's Mitch postpones the vote until Daines can come back, probably Sunday. I suppose Manchin could lie and tell R's he's a yes then vote no and retire before he's censured by the Senate and fired by voters, but that seems pretty unlikely. So seems to me if the vote gets confirmed for Saturday, D's don't have the votes.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X