This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Here's a direct copy/paste from his opening statement transcript: All four people allegedly at the event, including Dr. Ford’s longtime friend, Ms. Keyser, have said they recall no such event. Her longtime friend, Ms. Keyser, said under penalty of felony that she does not know me, and does not believe she ever saw me at a party, ever.

The NBC story refers to the fact that K texted with his friend, Yarasavage, and received a pic from her wedding that he attended and Ramirez attended. So clearly K was aware of the wedding before being asked about it by SJC staff. The transcript of that is available.

Here's the first quote in the story designed to undermine Kavanaugh:

Complete BS. Kavanaugh absolutely never said he was "probably" at the wedding. In fact when asked about when he'd last seen Ramirez' he responded he was "sure, we were at a wedding together."

You know who said "probably"? The questioner, ten minutes later in the interview: "You mentioned that you believed you were probably at a wedding with her"

Him being "sure" doesn't fit the headline though, so they didn't use it. It continues, but I'm not going to recount chapter and verse on every quote there. They continue to be wrong though.
    Nice spin but they never said what he allegedly they did. Even Judge didn't. A lie is still a lie.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

Graham calling for Klobuchar to apologize to Kavanaugh and his family.
      Also said Kavanaugh apologizing to her was what bothered him most.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Psycho Hugh Hewitt just called Joni Ernst a centrist. ROTFLMAO.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          What a piece of **** human

“Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is rejecting a request to have the FBI brief all senators on its report on sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...vanaugh-report
          Nothing is going to grow on his grave because of the many, many people traveling to **** on it.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            You should probably send Kav a bill, I don't think his lawyers are spending nearly this much time defending him.
            As I imagine most Senators read this thread, I think you make an excellent point. I wonder how much K's lawyers charge?

For myself, I don't much care whether K get's through or not, if not him, someone similar likely will. I am interested in facts though. Mostly I just became interested in this case, am a natural contrarian, (i.e. if everyone here was a righty, I'd argue with them at approximately the same rate as I do with most of you now) and lastly I have the kind of memory that can mostly reproduce something I've read recently. (Don't know how that works, it just does.) Since I've read all the transcripts, it stands out to me when something doesn't match, or when it's very far afield from the original.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Nice spin but they never said what he allegedly they did. Even Judge didn't. A lie is still a lie.
              I don't want to be accused of being a racist, but speak English please!
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                I believe they asked for the charts and any video or audio on the polygraph. The polygrapher's report on the two questions has been in evidence for some time. The committee released a letter and 3 emails to Ford's lawyers, and also note Grassely's tweets and statements in reference to the offer made to go to CA to interview Ford.

So I looked into the thing with Berchem and these texts a bit. The SJC received Berchem's statement and summary last Friday, and the FBI also received it last Friday, before the NBC News story was released on this last Monday.

The NBC story spawned many other stories that are in the headlines still. I'd note that NBC misquotes Kavanaugh, mis-attributes other's quotes to him, uses inaccurate quotes and switches their context, and then based on these things, implies Kavanaugh committed a crime. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but I know the quotes are ****ed, because I looked up every quote in the original source material. Reporters used to do that for you. Regardless if K is the biggest criminal in DC or not, the inaccuracies in that story are just depressing.
                So Grassley, the senile old coot who lied repeatedly during the committee hearing? Forgive me if I don't take his tweets and statements as gospel.

And, some examples of the Kavanaugh misquotes would be nice.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

So clearly K was aware of the wedding before being asked about it by SJC staff. The transcript of that is available.

Asked by staff. As in, private interviews, not the committee hearing. See, news reporters can read transcripts too.

Here's a direct copy/paste from his opening statement transcript: All four people allegedly at the event, including Dr. Ford’s longtime friend, Ms. Keyser, have said they recall no such event. Her longtime friend, Ms. Keyser, said under penalty of felony that she does not know me, and does not believe she ever saw me at a party, ever.
                  And during later parts of his testimony, he said those four witnesses, quote, "refuted, REFUTED!!" Blasey Ford's testimony. Not just once, but several times.

Got any other Kavanaugh "misquotes" you'd care to share?
                  Last edited by rufus; 10-03-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Asked by staff. As in, private interviews, not the committee hearing. See, news reporters can read transcripts too.

And during later parts of his testimony, he said those four witnesses, Blasey Ford's testimony. Not just once, but several times.

Got any other Kavanaugh "misquotes" you'd care to share?
                    The article literally says." In now-public transcripts from an interview with Republican Judiciary Committee staff on September 25" which is exactly the transcript I quote from correctly and they do so incorrectly.

Sure, there's more in the same article but I'll start with yours as it's so handy. I'm too short on time at the moment to look it up, but I'm really very certain Kavanaugh, never said quote, "refuted, REFUTED!!" during his testimony. The transcripts are online, if you care to find it. Otherwise I'll double check later. I'm also not sure that Kavanaugh isn't using the word refuted, in the legal sense, correctly when he does.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

You do that.

Comment

So apparently, there have been issues with either alcohol or sexual assault contained in Kavanaugh's previous background checks.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          So apparently, there have been issues with either alcohol or sexual assault contained in Kavanaugh's previous background checks.
                          Seriously? Who the hell had been asleep at the wheel here?
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Seriously? Who the hell had been asleep at the wheel here?
                            Hearing the same thing. Not sure which as the Senator saying so cannot give any details. This would never have came out if the Senate Judiciary Twitter account hadn't lied about it and said there wasn't. Interesting story.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...vanaugh-tweets
                            Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-03-2018, 08:40 PM.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Jesus arent some of these Republicans lawyers? (I know Graham is) What the heck are they doing? Once again dont make any statements you cant back up or can be impeached. The mere appearance of impropriety casts a shadow of doubt on everything. You just caught a deep pass and are about to score the game winning TD how about you not spike the ball until you cross the goal line.

I swear to god, if i didnt know better I would swear they are trying to tank this.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I swear to god, if i didnt know better I would swear they are trying to tank this.
                                Perhaps they are. Maybe they don't want Kavanaugh and are just trying to make it look like the Dems are doing it to fire up the base for the midterms...

Nothing out of the capital surprises me anymore.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X