Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Congrats to sophomore goaltender Leah Klassen of Mercyhurst, who got her first college start, vs Wisconsin on Saturday. Klassen made 35 saves on 39 shots. Lakers fell 5-3 to the Badgers and travel to Syracuse this weekend for CHA play.

I wrote more observations about the Lakers start here:
    http://lakerfanhockey.blogspot.com/2...-look.html?m=1
    I too enjoy your blog and will be interested in future spots. I too agree with your frustrations with the issues with the game feeds this weekend. Clarkson RMU game one feed started late and game 2 the feed did not start until the beginning of the third period. I emailed the Director of Cheel Area during the 2nd game and he emailed me back that it was an ESPN issue (they had an encoder problem what ever that means). I will bet if it was a football game that was going on ESPN+ that the problem would have been fixed a lot quicker.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Thanks PGB and vicb. I truly appreciate it.

Here’s hoping the feeds and encoder issues get sorted out once and for all. I agree about FB getting fixed ASAP if the scenario ever arose, lol.

Lakers get their first win of the season tonight, 4-2 at Syracuse. Senior goalie Sarah McDonnell got the start, making 23 saves on the night. Maddi Welch started in net for 'Cuse, both right handed catching goalies. McDonnell was solid, and excellent at times. She came up big on a 5 on 3 penalty kill in the second, as well as made a breakaway stop shortly after.

Lakers took the lead in the 2nd on a Tanskanen goal that was scored from the goal line, close to the net. The 'Cuse answered a minute later with a pp bomb from the point, top shelf. Lakers took the lead again with ten seconds left in the second, on a nifty little play where Dobson stripped the 'Cuse D of the puck in the slot, dropped it to Nuutinen, who stickhandled once and dished to Knott for Knott's first goal of the season.

I didn't watch the third, but I see the Lakers took a 3-1 lead on another Knott goal, with assists from freshman Liliane Perreault and sophomore Megan Korzack. The insurance goal was needed as 'Cuse answered, making it 3-2. A fourth Laker goal came from defender Rachel Marmen.

The two periods I saw were somewhat even, with each team generating pressure at times. Rowswell of Syracuse generated a lot of chances for the Orange. Free stream was good quality and a nice job done by the pxp guys.
    Last edited by Lindsay; 10-13-2018 at 06:22 AM.

The Lakers swept the Orange in a 1-0 shutout on Saturday. Senior Sarah McDonnell got the shutout. Next up, the Lakers host Robert Morris.
    More thoughts here: http://lakerfanhockey.blogspot.com/2...e-for.html?m=1

Thread Information