Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Jeff Cox reporting that U18 F Patrick Moynihan has decommitted from BC with Providence now the front-runner for him.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
      The kid clearly demonstrated he has no loyalty before he ever set foot on campus. How anyone CAN be surprised if he leaves is what's surprising to me.
      I've watched a lot of college hockey and very few kids who decommit or transfer do much. Of the ones who do it usually is because of them leaving due to things outside their control(Gaudreau for instance.)
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        You can't say it has been building for many years when this clearly should have been their best team in three years. Something has gone dramatically wrong for them to be this bad this year. They were picked to be best team in the league for a reason.
        I’d suggest that has more to do with the performance of some of the recruits not performing as expected and less to do with anything York has done this year though doesn’t it? Wasn’t Wahlstrom (for example) expected to be a major game changer? Hard to pin that on coaching...

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          I’d suggest that has more to do with the performance of some of the recruits not performing as expected and less to do with anything York has done this year though doesn’t it? Wasn’t Wahlstrom (for example) expected to be a major game changer? Hard to pin that on coaching...
          Well jrrrrry does buy the groceries.

If the guys he brings in poo the bed, who’s fault is that
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            Eichel to BU shifted the landscape of college hockey recruiting. BU now gets like 90% of the 5 star recruits from that area and a good chunk of the ones from beyond.
            Maybe with Quinn as HC and O'Connell/Greeley as assistants but I think that white hot streak has cooled down. They will always get very good players though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              The entire team from last year is back. More to do with veterans not doing what they are capable of. Whether that's on them or the coach not getting the best out of them...some combo of both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                Eichel to BU shifted the landscape of college hockey recruiting. BU now gets like 90% of the 5 star recruits from that area and a good chunk of the ones from beyond.
                Really?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  If York wants to coach next year, Jarmond isn't going to do anything. Hopefully York realizes the time has come. And if he doesn't, hopefully his wife or someone close to him can get to him. It's one thing when you are expecting a rebuilding year but this has just been a colossal failure so far when there is no reason this team shouldn't be better than the previous two years. At this point I have to look at losing Greg Brown. While he was here during some average years, losing him has to explain why this team has gone from average to terrible.
                  From my perch, this is just the cusp of the rebuild. The Great Talent Drain of Spring 2016 left BC in a weak position with the state of recruiting these days, as the best players are scooped up three years from actually attending College. Winning the Regular Season title the last TWO seasons with this team should be another jewel in Jerry's crown. There are a couple of good freshmen this year. Next season's Class should be another step in the right direction. Losing Cam York hurt but that is how it goes. There are a couple of strong players coming in next year and more after that. I would be surprised if BC and Jerry don't bounce back from this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                    The kid clearly demonstrated he has no loyalty before he ever set foot on campus. How anyone CAN be surprised if he leaves is what's surprising to me.
                    Bracco part 2

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                      From my perch, this is just the cusp of the rebuild. The Great Talent Drain of Spring 2016 left BC in a weak position with the state of recruiting these days, as the best players are scooped up three years from actually attending College. Winning the Regular Season title the last TWO seasons with this team should be another jewel in Jerry's crown. There are a couple of good freshmen this year. Next season's Class should be another step in the right direction. Losing Cam York hurt but that is how it goes. There are a couple of strong players coming in next year and more after that. I would be surprised if BC and Jerry don't bounce back from this.
                      did you recycle this post from 12 months ago? coulda sworn mookie read this same thing from someone....

Comment

Mookie, I don't think so It does strike me that all the Big Boys that scooped up the True Freshmen Studs for so long have all endured slumps when those Studs left school early. Who hasn't felt it? BC, BU, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin. Only the Sioux seem to have held up. Maybe it's time to start mining for some of the older kids, too?

Comment

Sioux had an off year last season.. . And are still waiting to get on track this go around.

Comment

Vinny was a true gentleman and funny as all hell.
                            https://veteranscribe.com/2018/11/25...lAJkk1xnDfY7p4
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Ron Hextall was fired today. Probably means Dave Hakstol will be looking for work soon. Just throwing that out there as an outside the box candidate even though most would assume it will be someone with BC ties. Unless you count getting your *** kicked repeatedly by BC as a tie.

Comment

That's sad to hear. My season tickets were two rows behind Vin's for several years before he took off for Florida full time. Really really good guy. My mother died of pancreatic cancer as well. May he rest in peace.
                                Last edited by Cross Check; 11-26-2018, 02:15 PM.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X