Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

OK Steve I did it for you since you’re NOT superstitious!

Back to Hockey I’m sure BC will surely improve over last season and improve in their Out of Conference games.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Thanks Ray. I'm really looking forward to see how this team has progressed from a year ago. The SCSU game will be a good barometer IMO. Don't know how much of the 2017-2018 team is still on their roster, but they skated circles around us last season in our defensive zone, with a very aggressive forecheck, forcing turnovers that wound up in our net. I'm thinking the Eagles will be fine in the goal scoring department. Let's see how it plays out.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

They couldn't overcome the slow start last year. Hope the coaches and returning players have a sense of urgency. The first four games will go a long way in determining how the season plays out. This is the best team BC has had since the mass exodus. Time to put together some quality non conference wins.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        OK Steve I did it for you since you’re NOT superstitious!

Back to Hockey I’m sure BC will surely improve over last season and improve in their Out of Conference games.
        can only go up!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Interested to see how this team develops. Woll still between the pipes which is huge, he can be a game-changer. Would like to see them steal a trophy or two.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            They couldn't overcome the slow start last year. Hope the coaches and returning players have a sense of urgency. The first four games will go a long way in determining how the season plays out. This is the best team BC has had since the mass exodus. Time to put together some quality non conference wins.
            I expect them to be more up tempo and more organized in all phases of their game.

The lack of offense dictated their style of play and ability to transition quickly last season.

Hopefully this season BC will address this problem with the talent they have or potential talent and being more experienced and seasoned from the sophomores and upper classmen.

For awhile they played well last season but then it changed to the point where they were predictable and easy to game plan and make adjustments to stifle any offense that BC tried to generate.

I expect a more potent power play and ability to come back after falling behind. Last year I felt that if they could not score first they were at a disadvantage because of their lack of offense in many games.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Polls put us at #12 to start the year.

Hopefully the team plays up to their standards a few seasons ago.

Comment

League coaches picked BC as the favorite. I think USCHO poll ranked BU and Providence ahead of BC but a lot of times what happened last year appears to be a factor. There's a big gap between 3 and 4 in the league poll so whatever order you want to put them in everyone seem to has BC, BU and Providence as the class of Hockey East this year. Regardless, I don't care about any of that. I am not surprised BC was picked to win the league based on their roster this season. It's time to make a move. Not making the tourney this year would be a total failure. And really this shouldn't just me a team that sneaks in. They should be a threat to make a FF run.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  League coaches picked BC as the favorite. I think USCHO poll ranked BU and Providence ahead of BC but a lot of times what happened last year appears to be a factor. There's a big gap between 3 and 4 in the league poll so whatever order you want to put them in everyone seem to has BC, BU and Providence as the class of Hockey East this year. Regardless, I don't care about any of that. I am not surprised BC was picked to win the league based on their roster this season. It's time to make a move. Not making the tourney this year would be a total failure. And really this shouldn't just me a team that sneaks in. They should be a threat to make a FF run.
                  Agree. This year's team should have the talent to far more resemble the type of BC teams we've become accustomed to.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

On the gridiron BC plays NC State who is 4-0.

The defense is a concern and special teams still giving up points. In the Temple game a missed PAT and fumble.

Crossing my fingers but it is an away game at NC State and the Wolfpack is another quality team that can beat BC.

Dillon is also questionable for this game.

Comment

Not looking good for BC at N.C. State 🏈

No offense and play calling not good.

Defense is being gouged to death slowly and BC is down 14-3.

The passing game does not exist so far and badly needed with Dillon not in the lineup.

Looks like another mediocre season.

The question is for me 7-5 or 6-6 record at the end of year

Comment

McPhee Greco Tortora
                        Wahlstrom Mattila Hutsko
                        Grando Dudek McLaughlin
                        Cotton Rasanen Brown

Karow Moore
                        Mattila Fitzgerald
                        McInnis Kim
                        Samuelsson

Woll
                        Edquist
                        Milosz
                        Last edited by FiveHole12; 10-06-2018, 07:41 PM.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

McPhee, Wahlstrom, Grando, Wahlstrom (ppg).
                          4-0 Eagles after one.

The kid can shoot the puck.

Comment

Tough to tell in these games vs the Canadian teams but they looked good. Breakouts looked crisp. Brown looked great tonight. Woll looked sharp as did Edquist and Milosz. Only goal came on Edquist which was a legit laser that cranked off the iron and in with a player missing a stick. Milosz absolutely robbed someone on an open net coming across with the blocker. The nice chances UNB did have were pretty much booted most of the time. Obviously Wahlstrom had a nice game with 2 goals, on I believe his first two career shots. He clearly can shoot. Will be interesting to see his game develop.

Appreciate that these canucks did not goon this game up at all.

Samuelsson is absolutely monstrous. I'd like to think he may not only be a solid defender but potentially a scary, enforcer type presence back there which has been missing since Santini and McCoshen left. I think the forward group will be good to be honest. The season could hinge on the defense.

Lots and lots of potential. Up to the coaches to bring it out. Speaking of that topic... FIRE ADDAZIO.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

It is tough to tell in these games. The next three weeks are a good test. 2 @ Wisco, 1 @ QU and then St. Cloud home. There's some iron right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X