Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    It sounds like we won't have those jerseys to kick around anymore. According to a tweet by Dan Hamann, the league office has informed OSU that they will start today's game shorthanded if they wear them again.
    Apparently he has deleted that tweet as I don't see it on his account

Post Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    Apparently he has deleted that tweet as I don't see it on his account
    Fake news.
    "Make hockey great again....wait, always was great."
    Last edited by play-by-play guy; Yesterday at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    What's with those all-black Buckeye uniforms? There's hardly contrast on the jerseys which made it next to impossible to read the numbers, unless they were very close and pretty stationary.
    An attempt at being stealthy, like an F-22 fighter plane? An SR-71 was all black too, no numbers visible, and there are a lot of Air Force facilities in Ohio they could have got design advice from. They just forgot that ice is white.

Quote Originally Posted by drewkal View Post
    An attempt at being stealthy, like an F-22 fighter plane? An SR-71 was all black too, no numbers visible, and there are a lot of Air Force facilities in Ohio they could have got design advice from. They just forgot that ice is white.
    I grew up playing hockey and have been watching it ever since, and I thought after all those years I'd seen just about everything. But this was a first, seeing a team being assessed a minor penalty to start the game because of the jerseys they were wearing.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

I didn't see the game today (was at our Men's game at around the same time and was following the Women on twitter), so I will have to find some pictures to get an idea on the Buckeye unis everyone is talking about. Based on the postgame interview, Coach Nadine likes them and the players like them.

Anyway, enough about the uniforms. It was a good bounce-back win for the Buckeye Women. Today's final score was 3-2. Ohio State defenseman Sophie Jaques scored the game's first goal, her first-ever as a Buckeye. The Gophers evened things up with a goal from Nicole Schammel, and that's how the first period ended. Ohio State took the lead for good in the second period on a power play goal from Emma Maltais. Maddy Field would add another goal early in the third period to put Ohio State up 3-1. Minnesota's Taylor Williamson scored a late goal to get the Gophers within one at 3-2 and that is how it ended. The Gophers outshot the Buckeyes 42-27 with Gopher goalie Sydney Scobee stopping 24 of the 27 shots she faced. Ohio State's Andrea Braendli stopped 40 of the 42 shots she faced to get the win. Up next for the Gophers is a trip to Madison to take on Wisconsin. Ohio State will travel to Canton, NY, for a big non-league series with St. Lawrence, who knocked off #1 Clarkson last night.

Thread Information