Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

I wrestled with the following three sub-titles ... Destination: Hamden, The Road To Hamden, and Prove Them Wrong. I really wanted to go with that third one, but ultimately, I decided to forego the sub-title and let the girls write the sub-title for me with their play. The reason I wanted to go with the Prove Them Wrong sub-title is because despite finishing a solid second in the WCHA and getting to the Frozen Four last season, this team is still disrespected. One guy at the coaches interviews even said something to Nadine about "We won't be able to sneak up on people next season." LMAO, if we "snuck up on someone" last season, that's their fault for being that clueless about their opponent. Everyone knew we were going to be good last season, that's not even debatable.

Enough about that. For some reason, the Buckeyes did not have an exhibition game this season. I am not sure about the exact reasoning and I am not going to speculate. So, the regular season starts next weekend out in Hamden, CT vs Quinnipiac. Ohio State has a number of returners who can fill the net and play at the other end of the ice. It will be interesting to see who gets the nod in net to replace departed All-American Kassidy Sauve. Will it be Amanda Zeglen, who filled in last season and went 5-2, or will it be the Olympian from Switzerland, Andrea Brandli? We'll find out this weekend.

After Quinnipiac, the Buckeyes will return home to face a very good Colgate team. Lots of PairWise points will be up for grabs in that one. Here's to everyone's season, and let's bring the National Title back to the WCHA!!

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Will anyone be coming out for the QU series? I live about a half hour away although I don't expect to get to the games. I have BC to watch after all!
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

TTT20, Mrs 86 and I are heading out for the games vs QU. We hope to make a return trip there next March! We couldn't wait for the home opener vs Colgate to see our girls, so we're heading out to Connecticut.

Your team should be loaded, especially if you have a goaltender to take over for Katie Burt.
      Last edited by osualum86; 09-23-2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        I wrestled with the following three sub-titles ... Destination: Hamden, The Road To Hamden, and Prove Them Wrong. I really wanted to go with that third one, but ultimately, I decided to forego the sub-title and let the girls write the sub-title for me with their play. The reason I wanted to go with the Prove Them Wrong sub-title is because despite finishing a solid second in the WCHA and getting to the Frozen Four last season, this team is still disrespected. One guy at the coaches interviews even said something to Nadine about "We won't be able to sneak up on people next season." LMAO, if we "snuck up on someone" last season, that's their fault for being that clueless about their opponent. Everyone knew we were going to be good last season, that's not even debatable.
        I can certainly understand why you opted for restraint. But I kind of like "Prove Them Wrong."

Enough about that. For some reason, the Buckeyes did not have an exhibition game this season. I am not sure about the exact reasoning and I am not going to speculate.
        I'll speculate a little. My guess is that the main factor was the availability of the desired opponents. We actually have two exhibition games with the Whitecaps, which should be really interesting. I rather like that they come right after Winter Break. It will force the Buckeyes to play at high level right away, yet it's risk free in the sense that the games won't even count for individual stats, much less in the Pairwise.

So, the regular season starts next weekend out in Hamden, CT vs Quinnipiac. Ohio State has a number of returners who can fill the net and play at the other end of the ice. It will be interesting to see who gets the nod in net to replace departed All-American Kassidy Sauve. Will it be Amanda Zeglen, who filled in last season and went 5-2, or will it be the Olympian from Switzerland, Andrea Brandli? We'll find out this weekend.
        Hmm... So the season starts & ends in Hamden...

Bookends With The Bobcats?

After Quinnipiac, the Buckeyes will return home to face a very good Colgate team. Lots of PairWise points will be up for grabs in that one. Here's to everyone's season, and let's bring the National Title back to the WCHA!!
        Excited about the Colgate series -- the FF team we didn't get to play. Can hardly wait for the season opening face-off.

Comment

Pgb, thank you for the contribution! Yeah, of those three sub-titles, had I went with one of them, it definitely would have been "Prove Them Wrong." I'm still bitter about what went down in Minneapolis last season and will take that to my grave. I am fine with the lack of respect, though. Now our girls can come out and play with a chip on their shoulder this season, just like they did last season. I have to just laugh at the "we snuck up on people" narrative being pushed by some. LOL, yeah, we had 12 wins vs top ten teams last season, not to mention we were a top ten team ourselves for most of the season, and yet, we "snuck up on people."

As for exhibition, thank you for jogging my memory about the schedule. I forgot about that pair of games in January vs the Minnesota Whitecaps.

As for Hamden, we are hoping to make a return trip there next March! I have a feeling about this team. They have the talent, they know what it takes to get to that level, and after what happened to them in the Frozen Four last season, they will be hungry.

I am stoked for that Colgate series. It will be a chance to get PairWise points and "prove them wrong" right out of the gate. We are taking off for Hamden on Wednesday. We are actually leaving for CT on Thursday but we are stopping in NE Ohio on the way out to see a friend from HS that I haven't seen for more than 30 years. See you at the OSU Ice Rink for the Colgate series!!!

Comment

Nice promotional video on the Buckeyes.

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/womens-...eason-preview/

And we replaced Peter Elander with a former Columbus Blue Jacket player ... Andrew Cassels. Cassels actually worked with several of the players over the summer and comes highly recommended. Here is the story on that.

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/andrew-...-hockey-staff/

Comment

Enough about that. For some reason, the Buckeyes did not have an exhibition game this season. I am not sure about the exact reasoning and I am not going to speculate. So, the regular season starts next weekend out in Hamden, CT vs Quinnipiac. Ohio State has a number of returners who can fill the net and play at the other end of the ice. It will be interesting to see who gets the nod in net to replace departed All-American Kassidy Sauve. Will it be Amanda Zeglen, who filled in last season and went 5-2, or will it be the Olympian from Switzerland, Andrea Brandli? We'll find out this weekend.

How about destination 0-2 ?

Comment

TTT20, Mrs 86 and I are heading out for the games vs QU. We hope to make a return trip there next March! We couldn't wait for the home opener vs Colgate to see our girls, so we're heading out to Connecticut.

Your team should be loaded, especially if you have a goaltender to take over for Katie Burt.
                Enjoy! Where are you staying? Make sure you go to Pepe's ok New Haven at some point.

Really hopeful for BC this year... I want that natty more than anything...

Comment

Nice promotional video on the Buckeyes.

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/womens-...eason-preview/

And we replaced Peter Elander with a former Columbus Blue Jacket player ... Andrew Cassels. Cassels actually worked with several of the players over the summer and comes highly recommended. Here is the story on that.

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/andrew-...-hockey-staff/
                  I've had the good fortune to meet and talk with Andrew several times. Excellent hire when one was needed quickly. It would still be an excellent hire even if they had more time to look around. Looking forward to the home opener against Colgate since I will be in State College PA for the Saturday night game with the strange shaped ball.

Comment

I would really like us to take Clarkson down this year especially the way Kassidy Sauve jumped ship to them keeping everyone in the dark about it until it happened. Not a class act thing to do to your teammates because you aren't getting along with your coach and I don't have a high regard for the Clarkson coaches either for going along with how it went down.

Comment

DRAMA!!l!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        I would really like us to take Clarkson down this year especially the way Kassidy Sauve jumped ship to them keeping everyone in the dark about it until it happened. Not a class act thing to do to your teammates because you aren't getting along with your coach and I don't have a high regard for the Clarkson coaches either for going along with how it went down.
                        Waah, waah, you crybaby! I guarantee she's not losing any sleep over your trivial opinion. It's her life to live how she wants and she's certainly not accountable to a moron like you!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                          Waah, waah, you crybaby! I guarantee she's not losing any sleep over your trivial opinion. It's her life to live how she wants and she's certainly not accountable to a moron like you!
                          Wow that's heavy!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            Enjoy! Where are you staying? Make sure you go to Pepe's ok New Haven at some point.

Really hopeful for BC this year... I want that natty more than anything...
                            We are staying in Hamden. We might have to check out Pepe's. As for wanting a natty more than anything, yeah, don't we all?!? After what happened to us in the semi last season, I want a natty for our girls, too. Should be an interesting season!

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                              I've had the good fortune to meet and talk with Andrew several times. Excellent hire when one was needed quickly. It would still be an excellent hire even if they had more time to look around. Looking forward to the home opener against Colgate since I will be in State College PA for the Saturday night game with the strange shaped ball.
                              LOL, yeah, after Saturday's game we are driving part of the way back home and staying in Eastern PA. I packed a Penguins jersey to wear home Sunday morning in case the unforeseen happens Saturday night in State College.

Comment

Working...
                              X