Yale Bulldogs 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Bulldogs 2018-2019

Big game tonight with UMass, it will be interesting to see how both teams recover from some tough games this past weekend. The game is on NESN+.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Good luck tonight !!! Your going to be exhausted from the weekend but can do it. Snively is awesome !!! We have a few "snipers" but they have not yet shown up this year.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Missed the game tonight, but did record it. Is it worth watching since I know the final score

Comment

Pretty dominate performance by A verygood UMass team. If not for Tucker, score would have been higher, a few Homer calls and non calls by the HE crew also did not help, kudos to UMass for taking advantage. Yale took half the game to somewhat figure things out and the two goals to tie it in third gave a little false hope. Turning point was the holding call on Yale in the O zone while they were buzzing. Sad end to the first half, but still a better record for Yale than most predicted.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Homer refs were worth 2 Goals.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

While penalties may have been questionable, I can't go there. Reality was, Yale was outplayed. No disgrace as UMASS is talented and they deserved the W. Did leave me disappointed as Yale had been playing well. Was hoping for more versus UMASS on the heels of their excellent effort versus Union. Great watch. Terrific up and down game from start to finish. While this year's team is improved over last year, may have been overly optimistic. No real stars beyond Snively but the rest have brought a better level of play this year, creating some depth. St. Ivany is going to be special.

I'd also like to ask if anyone knows why Chip Malafronte of the New Haven Register has taken a limited role with his sports and in particular his college hockey reporting. He's quite good. No more Sunday Gravy. Isn't covering Yale or Q on a game by game basis. Haven't seen him in the press box. He brought an identity to college hockey in our area. An occasional local article but no beat reporting. Leave it to the Register to mess up a good thing. So fortunate to have the level of D1 hockey in the area and they decide to pull back. That new columnist Jacobs must get paid by the article. Non stop. Please stop! I'll stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Winters View Post
                While penalties may have been questionable, I can't go there. Reality was, Yale was outplayed. No disgrace as UMASS is talented and they deserved the W. Did leave me disappointed as Yale had been playing well. Was hoping for more versus UMASS on the heels of their excellent effort versus Union. Great watch. Terrific up and down game from start to finish. While this year's team is improved over last year, may have been overly optimistic. No real stars beyond Snively but the rest have brought a better level of play this year, creating some depth. St. Ivany is going to be special.

I'd also like to ask if anyone knows why Chip Malafronte of the New Haven Register has taken a limited role with his sports and in particular his college hockey reporting. He's quite good. No more Sunday Gravy. Isn't covering Yale or Q on a game by game basis. Haven't seen him in the press box. He brought an identity to college hockey in our area. An occasional local article but no beat reporting. Leave it to the Register to mess up a good thing. So fortunate to have the level of D1 hockey in the area and they decide to pull back. That new columnist Jacobs must get paid by the article. Non stop. Please stop! I'll stop.

The subject of Malafronte was brought up on the Yale Hockey FB page, from what was said there, he is recovering from a health issue and is still employed at the NHR. I agree that Yale was overmatched against UMass, but the call against Yale when the game was 3-2 was the pivitol point of the game. That and also that Snively had zero shots on goal, they really took him out of the game. I believe Yale is ranked in about the right spot on USCHO and the pairwise. My hope is they end up improving after this speed bump and make the tourney in the lower third of the field.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Sorry to hear that about C. Malafronte. Here's to a speedy and full recovery. Thanks, LT. And I agree with your assessment. They're a capable team with grit.

Comment

NEW HAVEN, Conn. - ECAC Hockey today announced that exhibition game featuring Yale versus the KRS National Development Team from China has been canceled. The game was originally scheduled to be played at Ingalls Rink at on December 28 at 7pm.

According to the conference, the decision to cancel the game is the result of the national development team being unable to field a representative team. The game will not be re-scheduled.

Yale has scheduled a replacement exhibition game with McGill on Saturday, Dec. 29, at 7 p.m. at Ingalls Rink. Tickets for Dec. 28 will be honored on the 29th. Please call the Yale Ticket Office (203.432.1400) with any questions.

“I am excited that we were able to find a replacement game for our Yale fans and season ticket holders,” said Vicky Chun, Yale’s Thomas A. Beckett Director of Athletics. “It’s virtually impossible to host a game at this late a date, and I thank Wayne Dean, Deputy Director of Athletics, for his great effort in bringing McGill to the Whale.”

The first-place Bulldogs (7-3-2 overall), currently off for the holiday break, were No. 15 in this week’s USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine National Poll.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Kemp and St. Ivany with assists at world juniors against Russia, Kemp has also scored against the Czech tonight in the first period.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Happy Holidays to all the Yale faithful!
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                          Happy Holidays to all the Yale faithful!
                          Hope it is a great New Year for everyone.

Looking forward to ending 2018 on a high note against UConn on Monday

Comment

UConn will be looking for payback for the Ireland loss. That game was actually closer than the score. Missing two top DMen will be also tough to overcome for Yale. Happy New Year!
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

No obvious Yale injuries in the exhibition win over McGill. The powers that be should ( if possible) schedule more real games instead of these needless holiday exhibitions.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                No obvious Yale injuries in the exhibition win over McGill. The powers that be should ( if possible) schedule more real games instead of these needless holiday exhibitions.
                                I agree. It's something Yale has always done, and it's always right after Christmas. I don't see the point. Exhibitions are for the pre-season, if at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X