Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    That first game does worry me a bit because of Arizona St. having played already and also flying across the country isnt a easy thing to do but i think this team will handle it. Rust will have to be knocked off in that first period on friday night but this veteran group should be able to get into the game and do the things they are supposed to do.
    I was sitting tonight with a number of the men's team who showed up at the women's game and they seem confident going into the new season.
    I also had a great night there. They had the last of the men's game worn Frozen Four jerseys there for sale and I got one!
    Also caught a t-shirt, the women beat Colgate in a fantastic finish killing a PP with Colgate's goalie pulled and my season tickets were in my mail when I got home!
    What a great night!
    I wanted a new game worn jersey for awhile as my last one is a CCHA jersey. In the CCHA days you couldn't get a jersey with the CCHA logo unless it was an actual team jersey. In the B1G era all the over the counter jersey's have the B1G logo so I wanted something unique. I now have a VERY unique OSU jersey as we have only been to the Frozen Four twice in the team's 55 year history!
    I couldn't also believe that the FF jersey was the same price as a regular game worn jersey which they had in abundance. I think the FF jersey's were gone by games end.
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-05-2018, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      I was sitting tonight with a number of the men's team who showed up at the women's game and they seem confident going into the new season.
      I also had a great night there. They had the last of the men's game worn Frozen Four jerseys there for sale and I got one!
      Also caught a t-shirt, the women beat Colgate in a fantastic finish killing a PP with Colgate's goalie pulled and my season tickets were in my mail when I got home!
      What a great night!
      I wanted a new game worn jersey for awhile as my last one is a CCHA jersey. In the CCHA days you couldn't get a jersey with the CCHA logo unless it was an actual team jersey. In the B1G era all the over the counter jersey's have the B1G logo so I wanted something unique. I now have a VERY unique OSU jersey as we have only been to the Frozen Four twice in the team's 55 year history!
      I couldn't also believe that the FF jersey was the same price as a regular game worn jersey which they had in abundance. I think the FF jersey's were gone by games end.
      Great Purchase! Now I expect to see that jersey, worn with pride, at both rinks.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        Great Purchase! Now I expect to see that jersey, worn with pride, at both rinks.
        Of course Mr.B and ESPECIALLY at our games in Buffalo!

Comment

Of course Mr.B and ESPECIALLY at our games in Buffalo!
          I like the way you think!

Have to admit, wearing that jersey in the concourse at Buffalo would be a real coup. And your license to meet anyone you wish.

For the all of the countless jerseys I've seen at Frozen Fours, I honestly can't recall seeing a FF Game-Worn jersey at the tournament. And should we be fortunate be a participating team again...

Comment

I have tickets for when we play at Yost. I am curious if there will be any of their FF jerseys from last spring in the crowd?
            I was really wishing for both us and TTUN to advance to that championship game. The thought of beating them SIX times in a single season - irresistible!

Comment

I have tickets for when we play at Yost. I am curious if there will be any of their FF jerseys from last spring in the crowd?
              I was really wishing for both us and TTUN to advance to that championship game. The thought of beating them SIX times in a single season - irresistible!
              You going to both games up there? I will be there as well. What about East Lansing?

Comment

Looks like Arizona St. has a free stream both nights this weekend
                Last edited by klbaum1077; 10-08-2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Time to enjoy this week.

OSU jumped Notre Dame and is now ranked first in the USCHO poll. Not a frequent occurrence.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                    Time to enjoy this week.

OSU jumped Notre Dame and is now ranked first in the USCHO poll. Not a frequent occurrence.
                    Pretty cool to be #1. Confused as to why we jumped Notre Dame though. I thought exhibition games weren't supposed to count in the polls.
                    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Hey, we've jumped to #1 and we haven't even played a game yet? Can't beat THAT with a stick!
                      I've got to screen save it, who knows when I'll see it again but oh wait, it'll be at the end of the Frozen 4!

Comment

You going to both games up there? I will be there as well. What about East Lansing?
                        Due to work conflicts I only have tickets for the Saturday games at Yost & Munn.

Comment

Looks like Arizona St. has a free stream both nights this weekend
                          Hey Buckeyes! ASU alum here. Yes, we do have a free stream for the games. It is done by our student broadcast school. They do a nice job within the resources they have. The rink (it is not an arena) probably makes it difficult for them to do much more. But it is free and better than nothing at all. For those traveling out, be sure to get to the rink as doors open. The GA sections in which I'm guessing most have their tickets, are first come first serve. Those are the sections on the ends of the rink. Hopefully someday you can be back out when the new building is open. That is slated for the 2020-21 season.

Look forward to having you guys out and congrats on the #1 ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                            Hey Buckeyes! ASU alum here. Yes, we do have a free stream for the games. It is done by our student broadcast school. They do a nice job within the resources they have. The rink (it is not an arena) probably makes it difficult for them to do much more. But it is free and better than nothing at all. For those traveling out, be sure to get to the rink as doors open. The GA sections in which I'm guessing most have their tickets, are first come first serve. Those are the sections on the ends of the rink. Hopefully someday you can be back out when the new building is open. That is slated for the 2020-21 season.

Look forward to having you guys out and congrats on the #1 ranking.
                            Thank you Revs89.2, I was wondering if the feed was pay or free.
                            You may find our fan attendance lacking as unlike our football fans we generally don't travel well outside our region with the possible exception of playoffs. Hopefully some local alumni in AZ will fill the void for us.
                            I'm looking forward with curiosity and excitement. Curiosity as it seems we no longer play a tune up pre-season game with against a minor opponent to shake the rust off and get the boys a little more in sync and excitement as college hockey season is again upon us and we hope to build upon how close we came last year.
                            Good luck to your team as well and I'll be watching online.
                            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-08-2018, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Thank you Revs89.2 as I was wonder if the feed was pay or free.
                              You may find our fan attendance lacking as unlike our football fans we generally don't travel well outside our region with the possible exception of playoffs. Hopefully some local alumni in AZ will fill the void for us.
                              I'm looking forward with curiosity and excitement. Curiosity as it seems we no longer play a tune up pre-season game with against a minor opponent to shake the rust off and get the boys a little more in sync and excitement as college hockey season is again upon us and we hope to build upon how close we came last year.
                              Good luck to your team as well and I'll be watching online.
                              Our current rink only holds about 800. We got up to 940 on Sunday vs. Alaska with standing room folks. So even if you get 100 folks in there it will seem like a lot. You will see online how humble it is. Humble being a generous description. But hey, we have D1 hockey at ASU, so showing patience for a few more years is worth it!

Comment

Congrats and just know you won't stay there the whole year but if you hang around the area good things could happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X