Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Preseason Chatter

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Shirley is a nice player, but IMO she's not #12 any more than the kid for Northeastern is in the top 5. I wouldn't trade A. Potomak for Shirley, I know that.
    Unfortunately, I think that Curl is going to have a very nice career for you, but I didn't check with the Ice Garden, so I could be wrong.
    If Shirley = nice and Curl = very nice, what does Webster = ?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Second best to the Human Highlight Film...
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

If you notice, those labels were applied in two different categories. I thought that you understood enough Math to know that you can't place them side by side and act like they are a relative ranking. Player and career are not the same thing. To introduce Webster at this point would likely confuse you even more.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

So I don't want to be a total cheapskate here but if anyone has a FloHockey login they'd be willing to share and save me the THIRTY DOLLARS it'll cost me to watch BC this weekend I would love to have it lol
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            So I don't want to be a total cheapskate here but if anyone has a FloHockey login they'd be willing to share and save me the THIRTY DOLLARS it'll cost me to watch BC this weekend I would love to have it lol
            On the other hand, 30 bucks to see your all star squad might be a bargain...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              On the other hand, 30 bucks to see your all star squad might be a bargain...
              Yeah Grant. You need to personally witness all of the double-digit beatdowns that the Eagles inflict on their opponents. We want you properly convinced of their invincibility long before March. A simple boxscore for evidence isn't going to get the job done, with as much scar tissue as you carry around. Given BC's championship is inevitable this year, I think that you owe it to yourself to watch all 41 games or whatever the number is, assuming that it can find a way to win a HEA semi this year.

Comment

Yeah Grant. You need to personally witness all of the double-digit beatdowns that the Eagles inflict on their opponents. We want you properly convinced of their invincibility long before March. A simple boxscore for evidence isn't going to get the job done, with as much scar tissue as you carry around. Given BC's championship is inevitable this year, I think that you owe it to yourself to watch all 41 games or whatever the number is, assuming that it can find a way to win a HEA semi this year.
                To borrow something reserved for a certain football team TimothyA roots for, this post is...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBgYa2mV9E

Comment

Crystal Ball
                  "I’m putting the Gophers second, but the margin between them and the Badgers will be razor thin."

https://www.uscho.com/2018/09/26/wis...a-in-the-wcha/
                  I'll go out on a limb and predict that the margin between "them and the Badgers will be razor thin", but in favor of Minnesota.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Crystal Ball
                    "I’m putting the Gophers second, but the margin between them and the Badgers will be razor thin."

https://www.uscho.com/2018/09/26/wis...a-in-the-wcha/
                    I'll go out on a limb and predict that the margin between "them and the Badgers will be razor thin", but in favor of Minnesota.
                    I think UW is the clear favorite, more returning depth than anyone with only Clarkson rivaling them. I've come around to OSU over UMD, I don't think there's enough around Rooney offensively. Gonna be another fun season.

Comment

I think UW is the clear favorite...
                      The Badgers are the favorite in the regular season, because it doesn't involve games played in March. Even for the regular season, I think that Minnesota has a higher ceiling, while UW likely has a higher floor because it is older and more established in net and and on the blue line. Beyond that, the problem is that the returning depth for Wisconsin consists of people who didn't get the job done when they were thought to be the clear favorite nationally in previous years. They'll need their freshmen to be great to maintain the gap over Minnesota, because the Gophers' freshmen class looks to be approaching the caliber of Brandt, Menefee, Stecklein, McMillen, Leveille; it is unfair to them to expect them to match Wendell, Darwitz, Sanchez, Albrecht, Brodt for immediate impact, because the first two had spent two years centralized with Team USA.

Comment

I think UW is the clear favorite
                        No question about it (in a verse of one) when the BADgers fourth line is the equivalent of pretty much every other team's first line. (except the fighting nurses as you point out)

Comment

The Badgers are the favorite in the regular season, because it doesn't involve games played in March. Even for the regular season, I think that Minnesota has a higher ceiling, while UW likely has a higher floor because it is older and more established in net and and on the blue line. Beyond that, the problem is that the returning depth for Wisconsin consists of people who didn't get the job done when they were thought to be the clear favorite nationally in previous years..
                          For the record, they are the clear WCHA favorite, the combative nurses are the clear national favorite.

I agree with your synopsis on UW. The single game elimination with TV timeouts totally negates their depth advantage, which does suck, but that's the way it is. I'd love to see the ncaa quarterfinals be a best of 3 and the frozen four be a round robin. That would be some awesome hockey to watch and reward the teams built for the long haul.

Comment

Anyone who saw the Bemidji - fighting nurses game care to comment. For what it's worth, according to the boxscore the Beavers outshoot the nurses 30-14. 14 shots with 5 goals allowed. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              Anyone who saw the Bemidji - fighting nurses game care to comment. For what it's worth, according to the boxscore the Beavers outshoot the nurses 30-14. 14 shots with 5 goals allowed. Yikes!
                              Since no one else is saying anything. Friday nights game was the most closely contested 5-1 game I've ever seen. Bemidji played well, just couldn't get the puck past the goalie. Clarkson's goalie played very well and Bemidji just couldn't seem to stop the two on one break aways. Saturdays game was another good game. Bemidji finally learned to score a little too late. Both games were well played - these did not look like first games of the season for either team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                                Since no one else is saying anything. Friday nights game was the most closely contested 5-1 game I've ever seen. Bemidji played well, just couldn't get the puck past the goalie. Clarkson's goalie played very well and Bemidji just couldn't seem to stop the two on one break aways. Saturdays game was another good game. Bemidji finally learned to score a little too late. Both games were well played - these did not look like first games of the season for either team.
                                I am high on BSU this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X