Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: One City, Four Sports, Pro "Mt. Rushmore"

Re: One City, Four Sports, Pro "Mt. Rushmore"

Modano only spent 4 seasons in MN. So a lot of his greatness was in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I disagree on Favre 100%. Favre lasted one season in MN and even my kids know about Bud Grant - one of which could care less about the NFL while the other is a huge fan and has a decent historical perspective for someone all of 14.

Modano > Herb if we're talking pro hockey but Broten would give him a serious run because he had a legit NHL career that started in MN, and you also can't under-estimate the, "He's one of us" factor.
    Again, the quote you used was premised that the player only had to have a minor connection with the pro team. FWIW, my guess is your kids know who Brett Favre is too...and I would imagine if we conducted a poll it wouldnt even be close if we are basing it on name recognition.

That being said, and as discussed in my prior post, my Mt. Rushmore was Grant, Kirby, Broten, and Garnett.

Favre would garner more recognition on a smaller segment of fans. Yes my kids recognize the name but know about Bud well more than that.

Favre would garner more recognition on a smaller segment of fans. Yes my kids recognize the name but know about Bud well more than that.
    Brett Favre is way more recognizable than Bud Grant to about 99% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Brett Favre is way more recognizable than Bud Grant to about 99% of the population.
    Not to Vikings fans and no not 99% of everyone else. We'll agree to disagree.

Not to Vikings fans and no not 99% of everyone else. We'll agree to disagree.
    We definitely will. I find your position absurd, even as a fellow Vikings fan.

Thread Information