This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: At Least Michigan is Better Than Indiana

That's a great article, but be forewarned that it's quite long.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      How Democrats took Michigan

Interesting take, including more indictments of the Clinton ineptitude in 2016
      Dont let Scooby read that...it destroys his whole narrative
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by handyman View Post
        dont let scooby read that...it destroys his whole narrative
        Scoob and trixie need to have a drink and/or smoke a little green and chill.

Comment

BTW, the article is far more revealing of Debbie than I think she intended when she agreed to speak to them. If it weren't for the anti-Trumpist wave, she would be on thin ice.

Comment

From the WaPo:

“Chickenpox has taken hold of a school in North Carolina where many families claim religious exemption from vaccines.”

Poor kids with idiot parents

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              From the WaPo:

“Chickenpox has taken hold of a school in North Carolina where many families claim religious exemption from vaccines.”

Science and Engineering has no place in the United States.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I honestly had no idea there was a chickenpox vaccine.

Does anyone know if there are any benefits to it over just getting chickenpox? Other than not being sick, of course. Any impact on shingles later in life?

Edit: seems like risk to children is relatively low. Still not a good reason to skip the vaccine.
                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 11-19-2018, 08:50 AM.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  From the WaPo:

When I was growing up it was pretty standard that if one child contracted chicken pox, you would expose other children to that child. It was thought that it was much better to get the disease as a child than as an adult. There was no vaccine then, for children, as I recall.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    When I was growing up it was pretty standard that if one child contracted chicken pox, you would expose other children to that child. It was thought that it was much better to get the disease as a child than as an adult. There was no vaccine then, for children, as I recall.
                    Same, I think my mom took me to my cousins house when my cousin got it

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Chicken pox becomes more deadly when you hit a certain age, and thus parents would expose their children to it. That's what happened to me, I was exposed as a toddler.

That said, there's a vaccine. Why make your children suffer needlessly?
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Chicken pox becomes more deadly when you hit a certain age, and thus parents would expose their children to it. That's what happened to me, I was exposed as a toddler.

Because Science is Evil. And so is Engineering. Profit is devine.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Because that's how (((they))) get you.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I honestly had no idea there was a chickenpox vaccine.

Does anyone know if there are any benefits to it over just getting chickenpox? Other than not being sick, of course. Any impact on shingles later in life?

Edit: seems like risk to children is relatively low. Still not a good reason to skip the vaccine.
                            If you were exposed as a kid you don't need the vaccine.

The shingles vaccine is still worthwhile once you are eligible to get it, though.

Comment

Agreed on the shingles vaccine. That isn’t fun to watch someone go through. I don’t know if my family is particularly susceptible, but everyone on my mom’s side has gotten them and often it’s been bad.

I understand you only need it for kids who haven’t been exposed. I’m just wondering what the benefits are. I’m a vaccine proponent. I have probably overdone it a few times with a few of my friends who don’t get the flu vaccine because “reasons”. I have no problem telling them they’re being selfish arseholes. Having the facts about the chickenpox vaccine just makes it easier to make a point. That’s all I’m looking for and hopefully that puts my post in context.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Had a conversation with someone over the weekend about flu vaccinations at a major twin cities hospital. They said the vaccination craze is overdone and that the general agreement at their hospital is that they don't see much of a difference in outcomes in those with vaccinations.

Before insta-flaming begins - I'm getting my vaccination next week.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X