Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The States: At Least Michigan is Better Than Indiana

Re: The States: At Least Michigan is Better Than Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    That doesn't surprise me. I would actually be OK with a ban on selling edibles, though obviously you aren't going to stop people from making them at home. Most people don't know what the fook they're getting into when they scarf down an entire brownie or make firecrackers for the first time.
    That's exactly why it should be legalized and made clear what the doses are/what dose you should take.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Yeah. The state chambers was one of the first things I checked out Tuesday night. Was disappointed that so many local races were in the hands of the GOP. We in MN will have the near perfect set up of a talented D govern, a strong D House and a one person R majority in the Senate.
    I would think that Senate advantage is on borrowed time.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I would think that Senate advantage is on borrowed time.
    Dems probably would have easily won it this year had it been up this election.

Emergency!! Everbody to get from street!!
    The invasion has started!!!

https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...es-into-texas/

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post

What has the GOP been doing the last two years!?!
    Go Gophers!

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Sure was worth sending 15,000 regulars down there to help the border guards!
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

That doesn't surprise me. I would actually be OK with a ban on selling edibles, though obviously you aren't going to stop people from making them at home. Most people don't know what the fook they're getting into when they scarf down an entire brownie or make firecrackers for the first time.

Per the law, localities can ban sales, but not possession. It's the same deal in Colorado and other states that have gone down this road. It's fine.

Your employer can still fire you if you test positive during a random, FWIW.
    One of the bigger misunderstandings of the law, btw.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    One of the bigger misunderstandings of the law, btw.
    We've had a few developers at my firm get booted from particular accounts when they've pi55ed hot. Defense contractors and banksters really don't like the potheads. Interestingly, neither do the telcom giants.

The firm doesn't seem to care, as long as you're meeting your numbers.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

We've had a few developers at my firm get booted from particular accounts when they've pi55ed hot. Defense contractors and banksters really don't like the potheads. Interestingly, neither do the telcom giants.

IMO, this is the big thing: make it federally legal, and treat it like alcohol. The obvious regulate/tax, but also on the job stuff. Some companies don't care if you have a drink at lunch, as long as you can do your job. Others say no alcohol on the clock. Either way is fine with me. The trouble is, there is no universal standard.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

IMO, this is the big thing: make it federally legal, and treat it like alcohol. The obvious regulate/tax, but also on the job stuff. Some companies don't care if you have a drink at lunch, as long as you can do your job. Others say no alcohol on the clock. Either way is fine with me. The trouble is, there is no universal standard.
    I would prefer they just de-schedule MJ at the federal level, and let the states deal with it, as many already have been. If Alabama wants to keep up the old racist claptrap that weed makes black dudes wanna rape white women, and keep it banned within their borders, then let them.

I would prefer they just de-schedule MJ at the federal level, and let the states deal with it, as many already have been. If Alabama wants to keep up the old racist claptrap that weed makes black dudes wanna rape white women, and keep it banned within their borders, then let them.
    That's a better way of putting it.

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    That's a better way of putting it.
    Itís not, it needs to be regulated at the federal level because interstate commerce of marijuana is going to be a thing eventually, in fact itís likely going to be a necessity at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    It’s not, it needs to be regulated at the federal level because interstate commerce of marijuana is going to be a thing eventually, in fact it’s likely going to be a necessity at some point.
    Baby steps, jj. This is how you get the red states to accept change.

Itís not, it needs to be regulated at the federal level because interstate commerce of marijuana is going to be a thing eventually, in fact itís likely going to be a necessity at some point.
    I think it's a better way of putting it, because it's going about it backwards. It's the states defying federal law, instead of federal law changing things and then letting states get narrower in definition, you know?

Do the feds regulate the interstate transport of beer/wine/liquor/cigarettes?

For booze - yes and no.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/alcohol

http://www.ncsl.org/research/financi...-statutes.aspx

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasp.../#2e8ba976df89

What Fade said, AND they regulate the labels on booze, too, if it is distributed out of state. Some breweries have had to change labels/names of their beer due to this.

Kicizapi Cetan

The electric power industry is another that'll boot.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

wubba lubba dub dub

My friend was an HR rep at a telecom, and she earned a DUI while working there. Because she's an office employee, she was fine to keep her job. Meanwhile, she had to fire installers and service reps who earned their own DUIs during that time. She felt like a hypocrite, but it was company policy, and everybody knew it when taking their jobs.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    My friend was an HR rep at a telecom, and she earned a DUI while working there. Because she's an office employee, she was fine to keep her job. Meanwhile, she had to fire installers and service reps who earned their own DUIs during that time. She felt like a hypocrite, but it was company policy, and everybody knew it when taking their jobs.
    Iíll just sip my drink while thinking ďthis is what unions are for...Ē

Thread Information