X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: At Least Michigan is Better Than Indiana

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Do the feds regulate the interstate transport of beer/wine/liquor/cigarettes?
    For booze - yes and no.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/alcohol

http://www.ncsl.org/research/financi...-statutes.aspx

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasp.../#2e8ba976df89

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Do the feds regulate the interstate transport of beer/wine/liquor/cigarettes?
      What Fade said, AND they regulate the labels on booze, too, if it is distributed out of state. Some breweries have had to change labels/names of their beer due to this.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        We've had a few developers at my firm get booted from particular accounts when they've pi55ed hot. Defense contractors and banksters really don't like the potheads. Interestingly, neither do the telcom giants.

The firm doesn't seem to care, as long as you're meeting your numbers.
        The electric power industry is another that'll boot.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          We've had a few developers at my firm get booted from particular accounts when they've pi55ed hot. Defense contractors and banksters really don't like the potheads. Interestingly, neither do the telcom giants.

The firm doesn't seem to care, as long as you're meeting your numbers.
          My friend was an HR rep at a telecom, and she earned a DUI while working there. Because she's an office employee, she was fine to keep her job. Meanwhile, she had to fire installers and service reps who earned their own DUIs during that time. She felt like a hypocrite, but it was company policy, and everybody knew it when taking their jobs.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            My friend was an HR rep at a telecom, and she earned a DUI while working there. Because she's an office employee, she was fine to keep her job. Meanwhile, she had to fire installers and service reps who earned their own DUIs during that time. She felt like a hypocrite, but it was company policy, and everybody knew it when taking their jobs.
            I’ll just sip my drink while thinking “this is what unions are for...”
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Meanwhile, in Wisconsin.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

North Carolina already did that, so Sconnie has a playbook to follow.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Also, let's all gawk at the 1% newscasters laugh at the poor girl from the Bronx whine about not being able to afford rent.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

They have been doing that stuff for months. Like when they tried to prove she wasnt as hard up as she pretended by showing the house she lived in...the one her mom afforded by cleaning. They hate her because she is doing what they always say people should do when they struggle...she is pulling up her boot straps and bettering herself. That is only an empty platitude they dont want The Poors to actually get better.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

A precinct by precinct look at Walz victory. Figured that he was the perfect candidate to win - as he would both carry the cities and do well outstate. That is in fact, what happened. I was surprised to see the NE part of the state come out so strong for Walz. Good to see the iron range and the arrowhead come out solidly for the Dems if you give them the opportunity to do so.

http://www.startribune.com/how-minne...ood/498035181/
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

What the Fu**, Wisconsin?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

There's your future non-college educated Republican voter base, both because a lot of them are that stupid, but because they'll be on welfare when this repeatedly shows up on their college and job applications going forward.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

The original post was from a "Welcome to Baraboo" account. Methinks if they stay around there they will be just fine employment-wise.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jason Lewis is blaming McCain's no vote on Obamacare for the Republicans in general and himself in particular losing the House
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Jason Lewis is blaming McCain's no vote on Obamacare for the Republicans in general and himself in particular losing the House
                                rotflmao
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X