This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: At Least Michigan is Better Than Indiana

I'm in a good spot. Single, no dependents, apt (so no property taxes) and I still get a check for renter's credit every year (last year it was about $700 or so), since I don't make a certain amount of income (although that gap is decreasing a little each year). I don't itemize. It's about the simplest tax form to fill out.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I’m in Edina and have high home value and high taxes. And I used to be in Minneapolis and had high property tax there too. I’m talking between 4500-5500 each year on property tax alone
      That would be nice.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        That would be nice.
        You wanna pay my property tax?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          You wanna pay my property tax?
          In a heartbeat, if you pay mine.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Ouch, that's half the cap. I'm at about $2,600-$2,800 a year in GDO. A similar home in Woodbury is over $3,800.
            I live a modest old home in small town Wisco, and I pay around $3,500.

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/keith-ell...&ICID=ref_fark

She beat him. Shocker.

Comment

That was a twist I didn’t expect
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Wow.

Hopefully that keeps the Republican clown from getting the seat then. Last thing we need is him in there.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Minnesota hasn’t had a Republican in the attorney general’s office since 1971. And before that it was 1955. It’s about as safe a seat as you can get.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Minnesota hasn’t had a Republican in the attorney general’s office since 1971. And before that it was 1955. It’s about as safe a seat as you can get.
                      You'll excuse me if I do not ever for the rest of my life consider anything a lock? I think I've earned that right.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        "She" being Ellison's ex-wife, not the woman who has accused Ellison of abuse?
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          "She" being Ellison's ex-wife, not the woman who has accused Ellison of abuse?
                          Yes.

I dunno his story is becoming more and more credible.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Yes.

I dunno his story is becoming more and more credible.
                            Yeah, I guess I have no idea what to believe. I'm not sure that I'm ready to say that just because he may have been victim of abuse by his ex-wife, that his ex-girlfriend couldn't have been the victim of abuse by him. On the other hand, there certainly doesn't appear to be anything in the divorce file that suggests he ever abused his ex-wife, and in my experience people who abuse women don't typically limit it to just one.

I guess all I can say is that he's certainly had some stormy relationships with women.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

******* doesn't want release of tape of him acting like *******: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...ing-depo-video

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Isn't that how BHO became a US Senator when the divorce papers of the Ryan's hit the light of day?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X