LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Former Laker Pete Stauber is the winner for Minnesota’s 8th Congressional District seat.
    Last edited by davyd83; 11-07-2018, 08:29 AM.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

To take the next step, the Lakers really need to sweep at home this weekend . I remember when Stauber played for the Lakers. Wasn't he a walk on ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
        To take the next step, the Lakers really need to sweep at home this weekend . I remember when Stauber played for the Lakers. Wasn't he a walk on ?
        Should be a good series. Alaska plays on a big sheet at home so they normally have a very good skating team. Lakers-Alaska games are normally pretty close both here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Should be a good series. Alaska plays on a big sheet at home so they normally have a very good skating team. Lakers-Alaska games are normally pretty close both here and there.
          Alaska is win less and have scored 9 goals in 8 games . These are the teams the Lakers have to beat to get to the play offs .

Comment

Alaska is win less and have scored 9 goals in 8 games . These are the teams the Lakers have to beat to get to the play offs .
            But look at their schedule so far. They've played Arizona State, St Cloud State, Denver and Minnesota State (all on the road except for St Cloud State). That's a very tough schedule starting off the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              But look at their schedule so far. They've played Arizona State, St Cloud State, Denver and Minnesota State (all on the road except for St Cloud State). That's a very tough schedule starting off the year.
              Exactly, and they tied DU in Denver. UA_ is a good skating team … their weakness is scoring goals. Solid defense should win games against them, but I wouldn't count them out.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Yeah, there are no excuses this week. Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable for a coach being in his 5th season.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Former Laker Pete Stauber is the winner for Minnesota’s 8th Congressional District seat.
                  Congrats to Stauber. I was surprised when I saw him on Deadspin a few months ago with them trying to accuse him of being a cheater because he knocked the net off in 1988.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                    Congrats to Stauber. I was surprised when I saw him on Deadspin a few months ago with them trying to accuse him of being a cheater because he knocked the net off in 1988.
                    I had to laugh when I saw that. Yes, he knocked the net off. Should've been called, but it wasn't. To me, it's not much different than going for an intentional foul in basketball, except maybe more serious, given how infrequently it happens.
                    Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Being down 3-0 in the third and coming back to tie the game and getting a point beats losing . The defense lost that game for them and I thought a couple of the goals never should have beaten Kossoff . The Lakers just seem to drift back and forth into laziness and seem just void of energy from one moment to the next . Their play is not consistent and at times they just look tired . Maybe a more intense workout program would help .

Comment

I turned off the radio in the third when we were down by 3. I guess I missed all the fun. Since I now live three hours from the Soo, I don't make it to as many games. In the past, WCHA contracted with a streaming company where you could buy a single game or a month of streaming. Flohockey is now the streaming vendor and you have to purchase the entire year at $12.50 a month for a year, $29.99 a month for the season or their best deal (sarcasm here) $210.00 for the year. That is absolutely ridiculous and the WCHA should be ashamed of the scam they set up for fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden-Anchor View Post
                          I turned off the radio in the third when we were down by 3. I guess I missed all the fun. Since I now live three hours from the Soo, I don't make it to as many games. In the past, WCHA contracted with a streaming company where you could buy a single game or a month of streaming. Flohockey is now the streaming vendor and you have to purchase the entire year at $12.50 a month for a year, $29.99 a month for the season or their best deal (sarcasm here) $210.00 for the year. That is absolutely ridiculous and the WCHA should be ashamed of the scam they set up for fans.
                          I'm almost 6 hours from the Soo so I normally listen to the YesFM radio stream of the games. I don't always catch all of a game, but often a good portion of it. From comments I've seen on the forum, the video quality of the games carried by the WCHA streaming vendors isn't always that great. Last night I watched the Red Wings game on TV while having the Lakers radio stream going also. I didn't catch all of the Lakers game, but after the game it didn't sound like Damon was happy with the play of a few of the guys; defensive lapses (mainly gap control) and some guys trying to do too much by themselves. Maybe we'll see a couple of different guys in the lineup tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden-Anchor View Post
                            I paid 150 when I bought the yearly package.

Comment

What a useless bunch of hockey players . To this day they cannot handle pressure and crack like eggs. Put a bit of pressure on this team and they fold like a deck of cards. Whitten has done nothing with improving this program. He is so far in over his head and has no clue what to do . I am sure the fans there tonight,may hesitate before spending more money on this team. Alaska was picked to finish in the bottom three in league and they made the Lakers look like kids. Another long boring season for sure.

Comment

Last season's Lakers penchant for giving up goals early and late in periods resurfaced in a big way and really bit them in the butt last night. What's worse, it was triggered by stupid penalties, both to shift the momentum the other way and then to finish them off. Huge disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                                X