LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
    Just as long as he coaches them to put the puck in the net! Sounds like some zamboni issues tonight.
    I think they may have actually brought over the Zamboni from the Pullar after the Lakers Zamboni broke down.

Comment

Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Seems Kossoff may be fighting for his job against two very good goalies . Goal tending may be the backbone of the team this year .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
        Seems Kossoff may be fighting for his job against two very good goalies . Goal tending may be the backbone of the team this year .
        All three looked good this weekend. Granted they didn't face a lot of shots, but they all played solid.

I think Nordqvist on D really looked good. He can really skate and handle the puck. He's not very big and doesn't appear to have a big slap shot from the point, but he is a very good player.

Comment

Podcast of last week's Laker Hockey Show is finally up for those who may want to listen.

Here's the link: http://lakers.sovcomm.net/Laker%20Ho...%2010-9-18.mp3

Comment

Mike Mannara has been acquired by Trenton of the OJHL from Omaha of the USHL.

Comment

I am glad the Lakers have this weekend off. Gives them practice time to work out any issues the coaches may have seen in the last two weeks.

Comment

I am glad the Lakers have this weekend off. Gives them practice time to work out any issues the coaches may have seen in the last two weeks.
                From the coaches show, it sounds like they may have a short simulated game on Saturday as part of their practicing. Damon is out on a recruiting trip this week and Zack is also heading out on one today or tomorrow.

Comment

Mitch Hults has been acquired from Anaheim by Tampa Bay and assigned to Syracuse:

https://www.foxsports.com/florida/st...m-ducks-101818

Comment

Playing Hunstville this weekend will give us a decent idea what the season will look like .

Comment

Playing Hunstville this weekend will give us a decent idea what the season will look like .
                      Should be kind of like playing Merrimac. Not a team with a lot of offensive talent but they work hard. As is normal on the road, it's important to get the first goal and play with the lead, or failing to get the first goal, not to fall behind by more than one.

Comment

Hampus Eriksson is back skating in practices. Not sure if he's healthy enough yet to make the Huntsville trip.

Comment

Any thoughts on who will be in net tonight . I am hoping it is not Kossoff . I believe the future of Laker hockey is in the new goalies .

Comment

Any thoughts on who will be in net tonight . I am hoping it is not Kossoff . I believe the future of Laker hockey is in the new goalies .
                            I'd guess Kossoff tonight and Mitens tomorrow night (or maybe the other way around). It depends on how they looked in practice the past couple of weeks. Or if Bengert really shined in practice, maybe he made the trip instead of one of the other guys and will get a chance to play one of the nights.

Comment

It is good to win but the game never should have been that close . I am still not a Kossoff believer . I think Kossoff can have some great games but he is to much up and down .

Comment

It is good to win but the game never should have been that close . I am still not a Kossoff believer . I think Kossoff can have some great games but he is to much up and down .
                                As well as the Lakers played in the 1st period, they probably should have been up at least 3-0 after that period. And they can't be happy about giving up 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of the game. Still, a win on the road is good even if it was closer than it should have been. It sounded like a couple of the D are battling illness so hopefully they'll be feeling better today and ready to go tonight. Plus Ruggiero will be able to play tonight and that will help. We were going with only 5 regular D last night and not all healthy ones at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X