LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

They had a nice article on Ruggiero and how he never thought he would play NCAA hockey again due to an injury . How the Ducks and Lake Superior worked hand and hand to get him back to playing hockey and how he owes so much to the Ducks and Lakers . After reading the article on him back a couple months, I am guessing he will play out his career with the Lakers before moving on to the Ducks . He made it sound not only did the Lakers still have faith in him but so did the Ducks and he owes so much to both organizations .

Comment

Interesting to note Minnesota State coaches were in the locker room during the national anthem.

I hope the Lakers bounce back tomorrow. I'm guessing Mitens will start but Kossoff didn't have have much chance on the goals he gave up. Nice to see Diego get a couple goals.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Lakers need to start faster and not build into the game .

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          Interesting to note Minnesota State coaches were in the locker room during the national anthem.
          Interesting to note because why?
          All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
            Interesting to note because why?
            Because they are the only coaching staff that I've seen do that, at least the opposing teams I've seen at Lake State since 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
              Lakers need to start faster and not build into the game .
              That's what they did last year, and by the halfway point of the 2nd period they were gassed, let's not even talk about how the third period tended to look.
              LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Important series for the Lakers. They need to get at least a split against Alaska to get some momentum and confidence back. I was gone much of last week and didn't hear any of the games against Mankato, but it sounded (from the hockey show) like the Lakers played fairly well (especially Saturday) but just had trouble scoring. SOG were fairly even for the weekend.

Comment

Huge sweep! Nice to see Gelsinger get a hat trick. I think it's only the 4th hat trick for the Lakers the last 20 or so years. Also Gelsinger's hat trick was a natural one as well. The first Laker do that since Ben Keup in 1999 if memory serves me correctly.

Lakers are road warriors this season. 7-1 so far on the road. Too bad they have a very disappointing 2-5-1 record on home ice.
                  Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 12-09-2018, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    Huge sweep! Nice to see Gelsinger get a hat trick. I think it's only the 4th hat trick for the Lakers the last 20 or so years. Also Gelsinger's hat trick was a natural one as well. The first Laker do that since Ben Keup in 1999 if memory serves me correctly.

Lakers are road warriors this season. 7-1 so far on the road. Too bad they have a very disappointing 2-5-1 record on home ice.
                    Also nice to see them break 2 negative streaks. Prior to last night, we had lost 5 straight Saturday games and had given up the 1st goal in 6 straight games. Good to see both Gelsinger and Humitz get goals. They'll likely be our top 2 returning scorers going into next season (at least among the forwards).

Comment

Great wins and the games were fun to watch on Flo t.v.

Comment

Lakers recruit Spencer DenBeste is now playing for the Prince George Spruce Kings of the BCHL (where Dustin Manz also plays).

https://www.sprucekings.bc.ca/spruce...quire-denbeste

Comment

I watched the Fri and Sat night games against UA_, and I was very impressed with the Lakers. Whitten is doing something right, your team looked amazing!
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I am surprised the Lakers are driving all the way down to the Ann Arbor area to play an exhibition game this time of the season. They just got back from a long trip to Alaska and they turn around and take a bus ride to play an exhibition game. Then they have to come back down to play in the GLI . Seems like a lot of traveling for a game that does not count for anything .

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              I am surprised the Lakers are driving all the way down to the Ann Arbor area to play an exhibition game this time of the season. They just got back from a long trip to Alaska and they turn around and take a bus ride to play an exhibition game. Then they have to come back down to play in the GLI . Seems like a lot of traveling for a game that does not count for anything .
                              If they didn’t play it, they would have 22 days between games. A five hour bus ride isn’t really a long trip and for the players headed home for Christmas, they’ll likely have a much cheaper flight home out of Detroit Metro than they would from the Soo. It actually works out pretty well. Merry Christmas Laker fans. Hope you all have a safe & happy holiday season.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                                I think we owed the U18s a game at their place and are playing there this weekend as a favor to them. It will also serve as game type competition in preparation for the GLI to break up what would otherwise have been a 3 week break in play. As Davy said, many of the players no doubt will head home for Christmas right from Detroit (cheaper to fly from there for our American players traveling by air). Most of our Canadian and European players are busing back to the Soo after the U18 game and those flying home for Christmas will fly out of Soo Ontario on Air Canada (cheaper/easier to fly from there for them). Mitens and Miura are not heading to their homes but have made other plans for Christmas.
                                Last edited by Bill; 12-14-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X