Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yeah, that's all fine but I look at it this way which is nothing to do with party.

1. Does she have anything to gain by coming forward? No.
    2. Does she have anything to gain by lying? No.

1. Does he have anything to gain by lying? Yes.
    2. Does he have anything to gain by coming forward? No.
    After Anita Hill, an informed woman has to think long and hard before exposing herself to that process. It would be a huge disincentive.

Comment

Lindsey Graham wants to know how a university professor could afford and lawyer and polygraph test.

But he totally believes that $200K of debt disappearing was because a person got paid back for baseball tickets. That's just common sense.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Does the one witness to the alleged attack (who supposedly has denied it, but seems to be a slimeball himself) testify? That would be the only part not completely predictable, and probably interesting.
        You mean the guy that wrote a totally fictional book that included getting black out drunk and bangin chicks with his good buddy Bart O'Kavaner (or something like that.) I bet he says he can't recall

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Lindsey Graham wants to know how a university professor could afford and lawyer and polygraph test.

But he totally believes that $200K of debt disappearing was because a person got paid back for baseball tickets. That's just common sense.
          Lindsey is a moron as usual

Unless they’re an adjunct, most professors I know make 6 figures (stem tend to get more, since unlike a philosophy professor they can make a lot more outside of academia)

Not rich, but certainly able to afford a lawyer if necessary

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post

Unless they’re an adjunct, most professors I know make 6 figures (stem tend to get more, since unlike a philosophy professor they can make a lot more outside of academia)

My economic professors said that they earned more than three times their university salaries from outside contracts, but that they were largely paid that much because of their status as economics professors rather than simply holding PhDs on the subject. I thought that interesting.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post

On top of that, a lot of these lawyers have been doing pro bono work for some (many?) of the MeToo cases.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                On top of that, a lot of these lawyers have been doing pro bono work for some (many?) of the MeToo cases.
                And in some MeToo cases where damages are possible, they can work on a contingent fee basis, where pro bono is not necessary.

Comment

I am a full time adjunct faculty in the State System so I have some insight. Based on your time teaching, your education level and how much you teach the numbers can vary quite a bit. At big time universities the numbers tend to be better and at "private" colleges the numbers can be huge. Not to mention there are tons of ways to make money.

I make a nice amount, but I have side jobs to make sure I am saving and still having some fun. Again though I am not a college professor I am adjunct. I believe if I was at my contract point as a contracted professor I would be right at 6 figures. (I havent looked at the new updated contract)
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I am a full time adjunct faculty in the State System so I have some insight. Based on your time teaching, your education level and how much you teach the numbers can vary quite a bit. At big time universities the numbers tend to be better and at "private" colleges the numbers can be huge. Not to mention there are tons of ways to make money.

I make a nice amount, but I have side jobs to make sure I am saving and still having some fun. Again though I am not a college professor I am adjunct. I believe if I was at my contract point as a contracted professor I would be right at 6 figures. (I havent looked at the new updated contract)
                    Can you say what you teach, Handy?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      Can you say what you teach, Handy?
                      Low level business courses. Not what my teaching degree is in but had enough office experience to get a pass. (Masters in Education got me a lot more cash)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So because it only happened once and because it was when he was drunk and 17 that makes it ok? I dont like her opinions much anyways (and I have made it clear I think the NYTimes is trash these days) but good lord it seems every woman at the Times is so afraid of being called biased or a Feminazi that they go completely the other way. All she needs to do is start victim blaming and she could get a job at Faux.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

She's basically their Faux News pundit and I don't think it's so much her being afraid of being called biased, it's the NYT trying to find some middle ground that doesn't exist that's the problem. Hence their "nazis go to Applebee's!" article and platforming alt-right people etc.

Comment

How did I know that was going to be a link to a Bari Weiss quote? She's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              How did I know that was going to be a link to a Bari Weiss quote? She's awful.
                              Cause it had a picture of Bari Weiss
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Cause it had a picture of Bari Weiss
                                I couldn't see the pic, because I have script blockers installed that prevent Twitter from properly embedding Tweets.

Comment

Working...
                                X