Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    But 30+ years of Supreme Court is worth it, especially when voters have the memory of goldfishes.
    Like I said: Be careful; Mike Lee or Ted Cruz or Trey Gowdy could be waiting in the wings.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

A right leaning SCOTUS lasts as long as Clarence Thomas does provided RBG and Breyer get replaced by Dems post-Chump. As Thomas is currently 70 years old I'd give him 10 years give or take as justices usually call it a career or get the call from above around that point.

Regarding the "we could get someone worse" argument, it seems to me you're saying we should allow a confirmation of someone who wants to take us back to The Dark Ages because otherwise we might get someone who wants to take us back to The Stone Age. Umm...okay I guess, but at that point is there really that much of a difference?
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        A right leaning SCOTUS lasts as long as Clarence Thomas does provided RBG and Breyer get replaced by Dems post-Chump.
        We'd better keep them on a steady drip of Youth Serum at this point, because neither of them is getting any younger.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Like I said: Be careful; Mike Lee or Ted Cruz or Trey Gowdy could be waiting in the wings.
          A) Not gonna happen.

B) what makes you think they'd be any worse substantively than Kavanaugh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Collins wants her to testify...ruh ro!
            This is the cover Collins needs

The nomination gets derailed, and best case for her withdrawn. Then she doesn’t have to defend a yes vote to pro-choice Mainers (at least 2/3rds of the state) and she doesn’t have to defend a no vote to the Republican base.

I bet she is hoping he gets withdrawn

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              This is the cover Collins needs

The nomination gets derailed, and best case for her withdrawn. Then she doesn’t have to defend a yes vote to pro-choice Mainers (at least 2/3rds of the state) and she doesn’t have to defend a no vote to the Republican base.

I bet she is hoping he gets withdrawn
              Probably but then the same thing will likely happen with whoever the next nominee is.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                We'd better keep them on a steady drip of Youth Serum at this point, because neither of them is getting any younger.
                Doubt RGB makes it through two terms of trump. And I won’t be surprised if the Dems **** this up.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                  Doubt RGB makes it through two terms of trump. And I won’t be surprised if the Dems **** this up.
                  Heck at this rate let’s nominate 25 year olds fresh out of law school. Same person could be torturing us AND our grandkids

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Calgary Ted's a bit more worried about his Senate race at the moment. The fact that Beto is within 3-5 pts. in Tex-ass is pretty crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Probably but then the same thing will likely happen with whoever the next nominee is.
                      By then it will be next year everything will be different. Right now everyone is charged up because of the midterm elections but next year there isn't much to worry about. By the time she is up in 2020 people will forget.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Scoobs statement was "entirely credible". Until we hear her story from her and can access its veracity, "entirely" is a bit strong.
                        So far her side is credible, his is not. Listened to news all morning while I traveled. I haven't changed my mind.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Sounds like a hearing next Monday. Both Kavanaugh and Ford will testify.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            When they ram him through, the gender gap in November is gong to be massive.

But 30+ years of Supreme Court is worth it, especially when voters have the memory of goldfishes.
                            People are much smarter than that. They can tell that this is a desperate delay tactic by the democrats. They're being called on their bluff, and we'll see if this Clinton donor ( https://thepoliticalinsider.com/kava...emocrat-donor/ ) actually goes under oath this week. From my vantage point, it's a rinse and repeat of the Alabama special Senate race from last year, and the people of this nation are not stupid. As to your second statement, if I were you, I'd be putting my money on that statement, because as far as I can tell, the people of this country are very much wise enough to smell a rat.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Sounds like a hearing next Monday. Both Kavanaugh and Ford will testify.
                              Kavanaugh will be repeat his vehement denials. He'll be defiant in the defense of his reputation. Supporters will find him credible. Opponents will find him not credible. "Good cop, bad cop" will be played with Ford. Kavanaugh supporters will find holes in her story. Kavanaugh opponents will describe her as brave and completely credible.

Does the one witness to the alleged attack (who supposedly has denied it, but seems to be a slimeball himself) testify? That would be the only part not completely predictable, and probably interesting.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Kavanaugh will be repeat his vehement denials. He'll be defiant in the defense of his reputation. Supporters will find him credible. Opponents will find him not credible. "Good cop, bad cop" will be played with Ford. Kavanaugh supporters will find holes in her story. Kavanaugh opponents will describe her as brave and completely credible.

Does the one witness to the alleged attack (who supposedly has denied it, but seems to be a slimeball himself) testify? That would be the only part not completely predictable, and probably interesting.
                                Yeah, that's all fine but I look at it this way which is nothing to do with party.

1. Does she have anything to gain by coming forward? No.
                                2. Does she have anything to gain by lying? No.

1. Does he have anything to gain by lying? Yes.
                                2. Does he have anything to gain by coming forward? No.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X