Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    What do you think the upcoming election is if not voters deciding if he should dq'd over the allegations?

Also, not a lifetime appointment.
    Lol exactly. Voters can speak their mind shortly. Kavanaugh is being forced on us for a lifetime

Comment

• Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      That's on you then.
      He shouldn't have to be DQ'd to make you feel better or absolve you of responsibility in making a choice.
      It's not entirely on me. It's not my fault the entire Republican Party is a corrupt cult.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        It's not entirely on me. It's not my fault the entire Republican Party is a corrupt cult.
        Your voting choice is entirely on you.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          Your voting choice is entirely on you.
          Yeah, whatever. Miss the larger point. I think I am going to consider leaving it blank. Which is really ****ing me off.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Yeah, whatever. Miss the larger point. I think I am going to consider leaving it blank. Which is really ****ing me off.
            Not going to be a fun decision. Guy accused of abuse or card carrying member of the Christian Taliban.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              I'm wondering why Ellison isn't facing being DQ'd as MN AG when facing similar accusations. But ... Minnesota.
              I think that has to do with a very sticky situation presented. The woman never came forward, her son did. She was contacted, said that her son's statements were true, that a video exists of the abuse, but she refuses to present it to either the authorities or to allow any member of the press to view it. Ellison, of course, is claiming that no such video exists because no such incident ever took place. This is an issue only two years old, and she's willing to talk about it but not press charges while claiming she has video evidence of the event. This is extremely troubling in terms of lending credence to her claims.

https://www.minnpost.com/glean/2018/...e-allegations/
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                Juveniles do a lot of stupid things, especially when alcohol is involved. That's why in most states they are punished differently, with the punishment frequently ending when minority status does. But that should disqualify you for a job thirty years later?

I'll admit, this is a special job, and for certain positions you maybe should be beyond reproach. But I didn't make an automatic assumption it should be a disqualifier when I heard what he was accused of, including when and the context. Just like I didn't think the accusations against Franken should automatically disqualify him for the Senate job.
                (Alleged) Attempted forcible gang rape (the friend was there helping hold her down) is not just "boys will be boys." It shouldn't disqualify you from all employment, but given that there hundreds of otherwise qualified attorneys for a very public and forward facing job, yes it would disqualify him from this specific job.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Murkowski says already he's a no.
                  Source? I haven’t seen anything from our Senator beyond typical wishy washy stuff.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    I'm wondering why Ellison isn't facing being DQ'd as MN AG when facing similar accusations. But ... Minnesota.
                    He is of the magic religion.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      God, you drink the Koolaid heavily.

First, I'd like to see your source as to the offer to go to her and interview her privately.

Second, the reason Feinstein revealed the contents of the letter is exactly article appearance. The news was already going to come out, so she informed the rest of the committee. I'd also like to see your evidence that it was Democrats and staffers on the committee who leaked it.

As for corroboration of her story, I guess you missed her classmate who said that at the time there was gossip floating around her school about this happening.

1.) That the offer to interview her privately in CA or have her testify privately was made has been reported by CNN NYT WaPo NPR NBC CBS ABC... perhaps not by media matters though.

2.) Information about the letter was reported in the press on September 12th. The same day Feinstein et al. say that information about the letter was first shared with D members of the Judiciary committee. Not anybody else. Prior to that, Ford, Feinstein and her staff, and CA Rep Anna Eshoo(D) and staff were the only ones that had access to the letter or knew of it's existence. Ford had asked for and been given assurances of confidentiality. Given that, how do you propose that the info came out from some source other than D's and/or their staffs on the 12th, a day prior to Feinstein distributing it to Justice or anyone else on the 13th?

3.) Ford's classmate has deleted her story and changed her statements.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        I think that has to do with a very sticky situation presented. The woman never came forward, her son did. She was contacted, said that her son's statements were true, that a video exists of the abuse, but she refuses to present it to either the authorities or to allow any member of the press to view it. Ellison, of course, is claiming that no such video exists because no such incident ever took place. This is an issue only two years old, and she's willing to talk about it but not press charges while claiming she has video evidence of the event. This is extremely troubling in terms of lending credence to her claims.

https://www.minnpost.com/glean/2018/...e-allegations/
                        Well she supposedly had video evidence but then it all immediately got hacked or whatever.

Of course the situation is nothing like Kavanaugh's where the accuser brought this up to her therapist six years ago and (unless that part turns out to be a lie) probably didn't just bring that up just in case Kavanaugh became a SC justice 6 years later as part of some big conspiracy.She never claimed to have first hand knowledge so that doesn't really change anything.
                        Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-20-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          1.) That the offer to interview her privately in CA or have her testify privately was made has been reported by CNN NYT WaPo NPR NBC CBS ABC... perhaps not by media matters though.

2.) Information about the letter was reported in the press on September 12th. The same day Feinstein et al. say that information about the letter was first shared with D members of the Judiciary committee. Not anybody else. Prior to that, Ford, Feinstein and her staff, and CA Rep Anna Eshoo(D) and staff were the only ones that had access to the letter or knew of it's existence. Ford had asked for and been given assurances of confidentiality. Given that, how do you propose that the info came out from some source other than D's and/or their staffs on the 12th, a day prior to Feinstein distributing it to Justice or anyone else on the 13th?

3.) Ford's classmate has deleted her story and changed her statements.
                          2) How did Rs know they needed a letter of support from 65 women from his past ready to go? Seems they had knowledge of SOMETHING ahead of time, so I propose that is just as likely as your scenario given the lack of actual information.

3) Kind of but not really. She only changed her story for the slow kids in the room. I think the rest of us were able to understand that she "knew" it happened, but didn't KNOW it happened. Her story was pretty clear to people able to form rational thoughts that based on the hearsay going around the school she trusted that it had happened, not that she witnessed it or had any actual proof it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Because he's not being honest about it if it happened. If she's credible then he's lying.
                            There you go. If she is credible, his lie is more of an issue than the act itself. Republicans impeach sitting presidents for such things.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                              2) How did Rs know they needed a letter of support from 65 women from his past ready to go? Seems they had knowledge of SOMETHING ahead of time, so I propose that is just as likely as your scenario given the lack of actual information.

3) Kind of but not really. She only changed her story for the slow kids in the room. I think the rest of us were able to understand that she "knew" it happened, but didn't KNOW it happened. Her story was pretty clear to people able to form rational thoughts that based on the hearsay going around the school she trusted that it had happened, not that she witnessed it or had any actual proof it happened.
                              No, she changed her story because her bluff was called. The left is using women's lib as a weapon to say "J'accuse" because they know it means conviction without trial in the court of public opinion. And now they're so desperate that they've made the tactic blatantly obvious, so people still with a brain smell the rat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Source? I haven’t seen anything from our Senator beyond typical wishy washy stuff.
                                Sorry, my bed, I just scanned the headline quickly. It was McKaskill.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X