Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    I've heard McConnell suggested picking almost anyone else to Trump, but he wanted Kavanaugh because he views the Presidency as untouchable.

I mean, finding a conservative jurist to gut Roe is pretty easy.
    Given the timing its Kavanaugh or bust at least for this year. Its going to take a little time to set up a hearing with his accuser. Once that's done feckless politicians will then want to wait and see which way the polls are moving before they cast a critical vote. That wouldn't happen until sometime in mid-October at the earliest since the Senate only works like 3 days a week. If he's voted down, or withdraws, you have to give Chump a week on twitter to get it out of his system before he calms down and you start showing him a list of new judges again lest he nominate David Duke or something. Anybody he nominates is going to take 3 months at least to be vetted. He'll have to meet with all the Senators and will face super scrutiny in case another closet perv gets nominated.

None of this matters as much of course if the GOP retains a narrow Senate majority as expected. If they don't its going to be a riot watching Itch try to hold a confirmation vote on Christmas in order to ram somebody through.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Her willingness to talk to Congress might be what does him in. The backlash if they refuse won't be pleasant and if they confirm without her testimony then everyone up for re-election then becomes vulnerable. The odds would flip faster than if Aaron Rodgers goes down in practice.

It is one thing to go after a nameless accuser but if she goes public it changes the game completely.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Certain women should be struck regularly, like gongs.
        Mark Judge sounds like a nice young man, I couldn't imagine him being involved in a sexual assault.

Comment

Only 2 of the 65 women still say they stand by him (albeit with 2 dozen not responding): https://***********/dlippman/status/1041676217815105536

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            It is one thing to go after a nameless accuser but if she goes public it changes the game completely.
            Indubitably.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Only 2 of the 65 women still say they stand by him (albeit with 2 dozen not responding): https://***********/dlippman/status/1041676217815105536
              Wonder why they had 65 women lined up just in case...

Comment

Her willingness to talk to Congress might be what does him in. The backlash if they refuse won't be pleasant and if they confirm without her testimony then everyone up for re-election then becomes vulnerable. The odds would flip faster than if Aaron Rodgers goes down in practice.

Agreed. I wouldn't surprise me if they rammed this through without hearing her testimony but the optics confirm pretty much everything we already know about the tired old geezers running the GOP - the same people who gave us the phrase "legitimate rape" and "women have a natural defense mechanism to not get pregnant". All Dems are in the clear to vote against a clearly unqualified person under the legitimate reason that they haven't been given a chance to fully vet this issue. Heller becomes a Dead Man Walking after he goes along with it and pretty much every Republican gets to answer the question on campaign trail if its okay to dismiss all sexual assault victims without even hearing them out.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  That's a spectacular question.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    Can anybody name 65 people that they knew in high school but didn't attend the same school as them? I can name a few kids by first name probably that I either worked with or played sports who either went to school in a neighboring town or went to private/Catholic school. But 65 of them, and only those of the opposite sex (so that excludes the women unless naked water polo counts as a sport)?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      That's a spectacular question.
                      Because they were warned before the letter... question is by whom.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Can anybody name 65 people that they knew in high school but didn't attend the same school as them? I can name a few kids by first name probably that I either worked with or played sports who either went to school in a neighboring town or went to private/Catholic school. But 65 of them, and only those of the opposite sex (so that excludes the women unless naked water polo counts as a sport)?
                        Yeah I didn't even realize that it was an all boys school he attended until now, it was ridiculous enough already.

Comment

Collins wants her to testify...ruh ro!
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Women on Twitter tell their stories about being assaulted and why they kept quiet. This is not going to go away...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

FYI Kavanaugh says he will speak to the Judiciary to clear his name.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Women on Twitter tell their stories about being assaulted and why they kept quiet. This is not going to go away...
                                When they ram him through, the gender gap in November is gong to be massive.

But 30+ years of Supreme Court is worth it, especially when voters have the memory of goldfishes.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X