Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Someone on the panel needs to ask him about this.

"You lied about this on national TV, what else are you lying about? How much are you willing to lie to get this position?"
    Kavanaugh says this on Fox:

And yes, there were parties. And the drinking age was 18, and yes, the seniors were legal and had beer there. And yes, people might have had too many beers on occasion and people generally in high school – I think all of us have probably done things we look back on in high school and regret or cringe a bit, but that’s not what we’re talking about.

In the Summer of 1982, Seniors who turned 18 prior to the drinking age being raised on July 1 were still legal to drink on July 2. Kavanaugh doesn't say he was legal, or even that he drank. Although I'm not sure having a beer or even ten at 17 in 1982 is in itself disqualifying for anything.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

That's brilliant.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

In the Summer of 1982, Seniors who turned 18 prior to the drinking age being raised on July 1 were still legal to drink on July 2. Kavanaugh doesn't say he was legal, or even that he drank. Although I'm not sure having a beer or even ten at 17 in 1982 is in itself disqualifying for anything.
        But we're talking about 1983 here.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Lemme guess, since he was shot gunning liquor up his a55, he wasn't drinking?

Comment

To those who think they should be believed without question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-0JZanlj9Y

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              But we're talking about 1983 here.
              Well, I guess I'd say two things in addition to the fact he doesn't claim he himself was legal. Ford's allegations are placed in the summer of 1982. So that's been the context of most of this the last week. Second, the drinking age in DC, which is just couple miles from Georgetown Prep remained 18 until 1986. I'm really not seeing the "gotcha" on this one.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Examples above. I had seen any number of similar comments elsewhere. Kavanaugh doesn't say he couldn't have assaulted Ford because he was a virgin. That's all.
                That's all?
                Really?
                How far up your *** is your head?
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Well, I guess I'd say two things in addition to the fact he doesn't claim he himself was legal. Ford's allegations are placed in the summer of 1982. So that's been the context of most of this the last week. Second, the drinking age in DC, which is just couple miles from Georgetown Prep remained 18 until 1986. I'm really not seeing the "gotcha" on this one.
                  I just missed the grandfather clause in MN and I know what the age was and was not for myself when I was 17 going on 18 and beyond. If I had been asked, "What was the drinking age when you were 17" I'd have said without hesitation, "21 and I just missed being grand-fathered in for 18" because I've actually had that conversation more than once. There is no reason whatsoever for him to have said it was 18 (while knowing for him it was not) other than to try and minimize it. Just stop.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    That's all?
                    Really?
                    How far up your *** is your head?
                    If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise, I'm afraid you're wasting your pure genius for making these sorts of insightful comments, on me.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise, I'm afraid you're wasting your pure genius for making these sorts of insightful comments, on me.

A lot is wasted on you...and your ilk.
                      How many times do you need to be told that being a virgin has ZERO to do with your ability to commit sexual assault? It's irrelevant in every way.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        I just missed the grandfather clause in MN and I know what the age was and was not for myself when I was 17 going on 18 and beyond. If I had been asked, "What was the drinking age when you were 17" I'd have said without hesitation, "21 and I just missed being grand-fathered in for 18" because I've actually had that conversation more than once. There is no reason whatsoever for him to have said it was 18 (while knowing for him it was not) other than to try and minimize it. Just stop.
                        BS. I made the drinking age by 5 days when it was raised, my friend missed it by 2 days. Both of us when asked what the drinking age was in high school would reply 18. Kavanaugh wasn't asked what it was when he was 17. He wasn't asked anything about the drinking age. I just learned that , "Get your head out of your ***" is apparently the correct phrase for me to use here.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

The point of emphasis isn't whether or not he was of legal drinking age in 1982 or 1983. The crux of this situation is that he's a nominee for SCOTUS and he's deflecting and attempting to obfuscate the situation. It doesn't matter that she was drinking. It doesn't matter that he was drinking. What matters is whether or not he's been doing these things of which he's been accused, and whether or not a SCOTUS nominee is capable of telling the truth during his Congressional Review. At this juncture, all signs point to No.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

But lying about it is.

Comment

I haven’t read all through the thread re: Kavanaugh, I already despise him for his cowardly stance on Morley vs. CIA.

I may be in the weeds here but allegations like this have not come up with Roberts, Alito, Kagan and Sotamoyor, correct? If yes, then slow this down, get LE to review and pick it back up when the review(s) are over. Jus a quick paint thinner hour thought.
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                The point of emphasis isn't whether or not he was of legal drinking age in 1982 or 1983. The crux of this situation is that he's a nominee for SCOTUS and he's deflecting and attempting to obfuscate the situation. It doesn't matter that she was drinking. It doesn't matter that he was drinking. What matters is whether or not he's been doing these things of which he's been accused, and whether or not a SCOTUS nominee is capable of telling the truth during his Congressional Review. At this juncture, all signs point to No.
                                Nah semantics matter or something...
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X