Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    I'm sure you also know people who were angry drunks, and people who got a bit...frisky...when sloshed. Sounds like Kavanaugh was a bit of both.
    Little more than 'frisky' though. Maybe 'entitled'?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      I think he said the whole "virgin" thing cause that's what he said to the wife when he first met her. "Oh honey, I'm not like those other guys. You're the very first".

No matter what kind of brave face she's putting on publicly, things can't be rosy in the Kavanaugh household. Two young daughters, what, early teens, maybe the youngest not even, and this is what they have to hear about their father on the news? That he was a scumbag assaulter of women when he was just a bit older than them? Boozing them up and then taking advantage of them? Yeah, that's a nice image when daddy comes to tuck you in at night.

That cannot be going over well with wifey, and if he doesn't end up getting confirmed, I can see divorce coming in their future.
      I wouldn't be so sure about this.

They only know him as he's been around them. Unless he has engaged in terrible acts in their presence, they will likely perceive this as entirely politically motivated slander against their father/husband.

I knew someone who's husband was accused of molesting small children, including children in the family (but not the couple's children.) Her support for her husband was unwavering, and almost militant.

We all have the ability to lie to ourselves.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Yeah I’m gonna go with hovey on this

Comment

Baseless accusations with pushes for no challenge, meet due process. https://www.mediaite.com/online/hear...nd-respectful/

Comment

Yes, Baseless.

jfc.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Seems to be some confusion on this virgin thing. Here's part of the transcript from Kavanaugh's interview:

(Pretty sure it's "Jesuit" not "judgement" high school btw. )

"
              MacCallum: ... Michael Avenatti says that he has significant evidence and another accuser, who claims that you and Mark Judge, at multiple house parties in the Washington, D.C., area during the 1980s, would participate in the targeting of women with alcohol and drugs to allow a train of men to subsequently gang-rape them.

There are multiple witnesses that will corroborate these facts, and each of them must be called to testify publicly. Did you ever participate in or where you ever aware of any gang-rape that happened at a party that you attended?

B. Kavanaugh: That’s totally false and outrageous. I’ve never done any such thing, known about any such thing. When I was in high school – and I went to an all boys Catholic high school, a judgment (ph) high school, where I was focused on academics and athletics, going to church every Sunday at Little Flower, working on my service projects, and friendship, friendship with my fellow classmates and friendship with girls from the local all girls Catholic schools.

And yes, there were parties. And the drinking age was 18, and yes, the seniors were legal and had beer there. And yes, people might have had too many beers on occasion and people generally in high school – I think all of us have probably done things we look back on in high school and regret or cringe a bit, but that’s not what we’re talking about.

We’re talking about an allegation of sexual assault. I’ve never sexually assaulted anyone. I did not have sexual intercourse or anything close to sexual intercourse in high school or for many years there after. ...

Kavanaugh is responding there to Avenetti's quazi-allegations there, not the ones from Ford or Ramirez.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Seems to be some confusion on this virgin thing. Here's part of the transcript from Kavanaugh's interview:

"

Kavanaugh is responding there to Avenetti's quazi-allegations there, not the ones from Ford or Ramirez.
                Not confused at all. Look at the last statement.

We’re talking about an allegation of sexual assault. I’ve never sexually assaulted anyone. I did not have sexual intercourse or anything close to sexual intercourse in high school or for many years there after. ...
                What does sexual intercourse have to do with sexual assault? Nothing. He could have been involved in any number of gang bangs and still remained a virgin.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"

And even then, he didn't answer the question.

Did you ever participate in or where you ever aware of any gang-rape that happened at a party that you attended?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Appears to me that Kavanaugh is playing the Clinton game. It depends on what your definition of "is" is. After all, when Clinton said he didn't have sex with that woman he wasn't lying according to what Kavanaugh is saying here.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Not confused at all. Look at the last statement.

What does sexual intercourse have to do with sexual assault? Nothing. He could have been involved in any number of gang bangs and still remained a virgin.
                      Here's the whole transcript, btw. I watched it this morning on line which probably gives better context.

I've just seen several comments here and elswhere that K's vigin comment is irrelevant because Ford doesn't accuse him of rape. Fine, but they asked him first about Ford, then about Ramirez, and he responded to each of those with whatever he had to say. Last they asked him about Avenetti, who's statements do contain in part the accusation he raped women. His "virgin" statement is direct response to that. He's not summing up or switching back to Ford in that last sentence, or only responding to part of Avenetti's allegations.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Here's the whole transcript, btw. I watched it this morning on line which probably gives better context.

I've just seen several comments here and elswhere that K's vigin comment is irrelevant because Ford doesn't accuse him of rape. Fine, but they asked him first about Ford, then about Ramirez, and he responded to each of those with whatever he had to say. Last they asked him about Avenetti, who's statements do contain in part the accusation he raped women. His "virgin" statement is direct response to that. He's not summing up or switching back to Ford in that last sentence, or only responding to part of Avenetti's allegations.
                        For the 5th time today. His virgin comments are irrelevant to every question that has been posed. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          And even then, he didn't answer the question.
                          Did you ever participate in or where you ever aware of any gang-rape that happened at a party that you attended?
                          I don't follow? He says. "That’s totally false and outrageous. I’ve never done any such thing, known about any such thing." How is that not an answer?
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I don't follow? He says. "That’s totally false and outrageous. I’ve never done any such thing, known about any such thing." How is that not an answer?
                            And Bill Clinton never had sex with Monica. And, that's the truth depending on your definition.

Comment

Classy. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/b...ok-renate.html

Brett Kavanaugh’s page in his high school yearbook offers a glimpse of the teenage years of the man who is now President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee: lots of football, plenty of drinking, parties at the beach. Among the reminiscences about sports and booze is a mysterious entry: “Renate Alumnius.”

The word “Renate” appears at least 14 times in Georgetown Preparatory School’s 1983 yearbook, on individuals’ pages and in a group photo of nine football players, including Judge Kavanaugh, who were described as the “Renate Alumni.” It is a reference to Renate Schroeder, then a student at a nearby Catholic girls’ school.

Two of Judge Kavanaugh’s classmates say the mentions of Renate were part of the football players’ unsubstantiated boasting about their conquests.

“They were very disrespectful, at least verbally, with Renate,” said Sean Hagan, a Georgetown Prep student at the time, referring to Judge Kavanaugh and his teammates. “I can’t express how disgusted I am with them, then and now.”
                              This month, Renate Schroeder Dolphin joined 64 other women who, saying they knew Judge Kavanaugh during their high school years, signed a letter to the leaders of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is weighing Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination. The letter stated that “he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect.”

When Ms. Dolphin signed the Sept. 14 letter, she wasn’t aware of the “Renate” yearbook references on the pages of Judge Kavanaugh and his football teammates.

“I learned about these yearbook pages only a few days ago,” Ms. Dolphin said in a statement to The New York Times. “I don’t know what ‘Renate Alumnus’ actually means. I can’t begin to comprehend what goes through the minds of 17-year-old boys who write such things, but the insinuation is horrible, hurtful and simply untrue. I pray their daughters are never treated this way. I will have no further comment.”

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

So, either they're lying or Renate doesn't want to admit she was a slut in high school.

Why aren't we investigating again?

Comment

Working...
                                X