Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Paid Soros crisis actor...
    I should have been a theatre major I guess...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I would say in both cases, innocent until proven guilty. Period. Let me hear all the facts. Then I'll decide.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I would say in both cases, innocent until proven guilty. Period. Let me hear all the facts. Then I'll decide.
          You will never hear all the facts, of course, unless you watch the trial. Juries don't hear ALL the facts either, but the rules of evidence are pretty good, on the whole.
          We form opinions based on only a small part of the facts all the time.

Sounds preachy--didn't mean it to be. It's just what we do.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            You will never hear all the facts, of course, unless you watch the trial. Juries don't hear ALL the facts either, but the rules of evidence are pretty good, on the whole.

We form opinions based on only a small part of the facts all the time.
            This is true. I'll amend: Let me hear all the facts I can, THEN form an opinion.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

He said without a hint of irony...
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This is true. I'll amend: Let me hear all the facts I can, THEN form an opinion.
                Agreed, and I think we try, but navigating through all of our biases makes opinion shaping a tricky thing.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  Agreed, and I think we try, but navigating through all of our biases makes opinion shaping a tricky thing.
                  It is. Right now, I'm thinking he's guilty as hell, but also don't understand the thinking "Well, look at how hard he partied! Must be guilty!" I partied that hard, and never came close to assaulting someone. I don't see how that is really relevant. I know many others in that same boat.

Comment

SCOTUS nominees should not go on slanted cable news programs to defend themselves like politicians. Kavanaugh debased the office by doing it, and for that reason alone, he should be tossed.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      SCOTUS nominees should not go on slanted cable news programs to defend themselves like politicians. Kavanaugh debased the office by doing it, and for that reason alone, he should be tossed.
                      Not having any sort of real cable, I don't know about this. The flipside is, did other stations reach out for him to say his piece, or is he picking and choosing? I do agree with you that they should sit back, and be judged on actions/past actions alone. Don't campaign, for a lack of a better word.

Comment

Not having any sort of real cable, I don't know about this. The flipside is, did other stations reach out for him to say his piece, or is he picking and choosing? I do agree with you that they should sit back, and be judged on actions/past actions alone. Don't campaign, for a lack of a better word.
                        He specifically went on Fox because he knew that he could trust them to lob a pre-fabbed set of softballs.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          He specifically went on Fox because he knew that he could trust them to lob a pre-fabbed set of softballs.
                          And they also would let him pick who talked to him...attractive blonde woman. Great optics. Most likely CNN would have a male doing it. And I guarantee every outlet reached out he chose Faux for a reason.

What bits and pieces I have heard dont make me believe him any more. It all sounds like the "Defense Attorney Playbook" opening chapter. He doesnt even use the arguments correctly so he is not only cliche but ignorant. The "virgin" argument only works if you are accused of having sex...Ford never said he raped her just that he assaulted her. Both statements can be true they are not mutually exclusive. Plus, no one believes you were a virgin anyways nor is anyone saying you SHOULD be a virgin. Its an excuse that isnt relevant.

The next play will be even better. It is the one Trump uses quite often where you say "I didnt do what they say I did but even if I did it isnt that big of a deal"! They have been laying the groundwork for that for weeks. That is why some Senators are talking about how this stuff is not a big deal and everyone does it.

To think, Douglas Ginsburg withdrew his name from consideration because he smoked weed.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

like a virgin..... HEY.... touched for the very first time---
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If only life were fair. But, it's not. And this isn't a criminal court.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X