Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    1.) That the offer to interview her privately in CA or have her testify privately was made has been reported by CNN NYT WaPo NPR NBC CBS ABC... perhaps not by media matters though.

2.) Information about the letter was reported in the press on September 12th. The same day Feinstein et al. say that information about the letter was first shared with D members of the Judiciary committee. Not anybody else. Prior to that, Ford, Feinstein and her staff, and CA Rep Anna Eshoo(D) and staff were the only ones that had access to the letter or knew of it's existence. Ford had asked for and been given assurances of confidentiality. Given that, how do you propose that the info came out from some source other than D's and/or their staffs on the 12th, a day prior to Feinstein distributing it to Justice or anyone else on the 13th?

3.) Ford's classmate has deleted her story and changed her statements.
    Yeah, the Repub members of the committee have said that. Sorry if I don't take them at their word.

Changed her story, maybe not really. Clarified might be a better term. She had originally said she didn't have first hand knowledge that it happened, just that it was going around the school.

Like when Kavanaugh says he was never at that party, 35 years ago, when Ford never said what day, month, or where it was held, and Kavanaugh "clarifies" that he was never at a party where stuff like that happened.

I dunno, maybe Ford let it out. Maybe one of her friends or classmates that knew about it. You can't just assume it was Democrats without any evidence. Well, most people can't, I'm sure you're fine with it.
    Last edited by rufus; 09-20-2018, 03:42 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        There you go. If she is credible, his lie is more of an issue than the act itself. Republicans impeach sitting presidents for such things.
        It wouldn't be the first lie he's offered up during this, or his previous confirmation hearings.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          No, she changed her story because her bluff was called. The left is using women's lib as a weapon to say "J'accuse" because they know it means conviction without trial in the court of public opinion. And now they're so desperate that they've made the tactic blatantly obvious, so people still with a brain smell the rat.
          But you don't smell anything.

Comment

But Judge didn't have to testify, cause Lindsey said he had already said everything he was going to say. And where did they get the names of these people who were at this party? The one on that day and date and at that place that no one has been able to specify? The one that Ford has said nothing about, nor who else might have been there besides Kavanaugh and Judge?

The one that Kavanaugh says he was never at, so how could he know who else was there, how could he provide names? The one that Judge says nothing like that ever happened at, so how does he know who was there, how could he provide names? The party that Republican supporters claim never happened? And yet, somehow, they have the names of people who attended this non-existent party.

But yeah, the Republicans honestly and sincerely want to hear her story and find out exactly what happened at this unspecified location, date and time some 35 years ago.

Comment

https://twitter.com/gagz_gaming/stat...32457140076544

Here's someone the FBI could interview, Sic.
              Last edited by rufus; 09-20-2018, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Nope. Nothing to see here. Nothing for the FBI to do. Confirm the ******* and be done with it. Let's vote tomorrow.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    I'm wondering why Ellison isn't facing being DQ'd as MN AG when facing similar accusations. But ... Minnesota.
                    Oh shove it. Its not the same thing and you know it...or you would if you actually paid attention to the story.

Most liberals I know want to know the truth. This is a story because there is apparently a video of it which the son says he has. If he actually has said video all he has to do it release it. No one in Minnesota is stopping him or his mother from revealing the whole story. Hell a screengrab would be enough to destroy him. (and I would be out front saying it as would everyone I know) That case both sides have every reason to lie.

What incentive does Ford have to lie about Kavanaugh? You are so good at concern trolling...is that the question you should be asking? Why did she lie to her shrink 6 years ago about a specific incident with a specific man 30 years after it happened? I want to know. She never blackmailed him, she never contacted him at all, she never even tried to get him reprimanded. So what is her endgame here?
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      (Alleged) Attempted forcible gang rape (the friend was there helping hold her down) is not just "boys will be boys." It shouldn't disqualify you from all employment, but given that there hundreds of otherwise qualified attorneys for a very public and forward facing job, yes it would disqualify him from this specific job.
                      I think an "attempted forcible gang rape" is a big stretch based upon her letter to Feinstein. As I recall, she told Feinstein that Kavanaugh sort of pushed her into this room and the friend followed. The friend sat in another part of the room, alternating between "go for it" and "stop". On one, or maybe two instances, he ran over and jumped on top of Kavanaugh, including an instance where Kavanaugh was knocked off of Ford, apparently letting her leave the room.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        True. But do you really expect me to vote for the Republican ****tard? And I won't leave it blank. And I won't vote 3rd party. Making me sick to be honest with you.
                        You can vote for him and then when the full story comes out you can want him to be canned. Right now there isnt enough evidence to DQ him.

Kavanaugh is being vetted right now. There is time to look into this before he gets a lifetime appointment. (no one gets impeached) The GOP wont do it because they dont care and half of them probably dont think what he did was wrong.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          I think that has to do with a very sticky situation presented. The woman never came forward, her son did. She was contacted, said that her son's statements were true, that a video exists of the abuse, but she refuses to present it to either the authorities or to allow any member of the press to view it. Ellison, of course, is claiming that no such video exists because no such incident ever took place. This is an issue only two years old, and she's willing to talk about it but not press charges while claiming she has video evidence of the event. This is extremely troubling in terms of lending credence to her claims.

https://www.minnpost.com/glean/2018/...e-allegations/
                          Nah it is liberal conspiracy because the Concern Troll said so.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            https://twitter.com/gagz_gaming/stat...32457140076544

The boys were asking for it...

No matter how this plays out I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of scandals coming forward from Georgetown Prep and schools like it.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Right now there isnt enough evidence to DQ him.
                              I don't think the Kavanaugh and Ellison thing are the same, primarily because Ellison is not up for appointment to a position. He's up for election, and all of us in Minnesota will get to vote on whether we believe his story or not, or whether it's an important issue for us or not.

However, in terms of the evidence, in Ellison's case the alleged victim has stated Ellison abused her. Furthermore, she has posted a medical record that shows she made that same statement to a doctor some time ago. In terms of "evidence" does this differ markedly from Ford saying Kavanaugh assaulted her, and saying that she told a therapist about it six years ago?
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                I don't think the Kavanaugh and Ellison thing are the same, primarily because Ellison is not up for appointment to a position. He's up for election, and all of us in Minnesota will get to vote on whether we believe his story or not, or whether it's an important issue for us or not.

However, in terms of the evidence, in Ellison's case the alleged victim has stated Ellison abused her. Furthermore, she has posted a medical record that shows she made that same statement to a doctor some time ago. In terms of "evidence" does this differ markedly from Ford saying Kavanaugh assaulted her, and saying that she told a therapist about it six years ago?
                                I saw that up on the Strib today. The medical record is alarming.

Comment

Working...
                                X