Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Continue.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Originally posted by SJHovey
    All I'm saying is that if you have a senator, and that senator has some seniority, you are a fool if you decide to throw them out of office because of their vote on a judicial nominee. I don't care which way they vote. That includes throwing Heitkamp out of office if she refuses to vote in favor of the nominee. Freshmen senators accomplish nothing for you.
    And all I am saying is if the Senator isnt representing me I am voting that Senator out. That is the whole point of the voting process. Otherwise there is no need to even have elections cause once someone wins it makes more sense to just keep them around because of seniority. Then you end up with the Republican Congress we have now. Thanks but no thanks. And if you are one of the people that enables their behavior (because...seniority) than you lose all credibility when you whine about Congress in general.

Now if the Senator supports some lower level fluky for the Ambassador to Whogivescrappland that doesnt really effect much and I can look past it. But if my Senator votes to confirm a person to the highest court who I think is not someone worthy of the position and whose opinions and decisions I completely disagree with, they are going to lose my support.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      And all I am saying is if the Senator isnt representing me I am voting that Senator out. That is the whole point of the voting process. Otherwise there is no need to even have elections cause once someone wins it makes more sense to just keep them around because of seniority. Then you end up with the Republican Congress we have now. Thanks but no thanks. And if you are one of the people that enables their behavior (because...seniority) than you lose all credibility when you whine about Congress in general.

Now if the Senator supports some lower level fluky for the Ambassador to Whogivescrappland that doesnt really effect much and I can look past it. But if my Senator votes to confirm a person to the highest court who I think is not someone worthy of the position and whose opinions and decisions I completely disagree with, they are going to lose my support.
      Ok. Fair enough.

I guess my experience is that there has never been a candidate or elected official with whom I agree on all issues, or for that matter, maybe even 75% of the issues. I might be really ticked about one particular vote, but I try to look at the big picture of what removing them means versus do they just need to go.

I can't really think of a single issue that would be a dealbreaker for me with a candidate. I have no problem with people who do, however.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I can't really think of a single issue that would be a dealbreaker for me with a candidate.
        what about a candidate that's coming for yer gunz

Comment

Ok. Fair enough.

I guess my experience is that there has never been a candidate or elected official with whom I agree on all issues, or for that matter, maybe even 75% of the issues. I might be really ticked about one particular vote, but I try to look at the big picture of what removing them means versus do they just need to go.

I can't really think of a single issue that would be a dealbreaker for me with a candidate. I have no problem with people who do, however.
          I can think of about 5 right off the top of my head. And every Republican voter I know in my family and going to Trump rallies is pretty much voting on 2 things.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            what about a candidate that's coming for yer gunz
            I haven't come across any candidates looking to take my guns. But I voted for Clinton for his second term, even though I thought the assault weapons ban he pushed and got passed was silly and useless.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I haven't come across any candidates looking to take my guns. But I voted for Clinton for his second term, even though I thought the assault weapons ban he pushed and got passed was silly and useless.
              And today it has proven to be very valuable.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...er-about-brett

Senate Democrats on the Judiciary Committee have referred a letter concerning Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to the FBI.

The contents of the letter have been closely guarded by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the ranking member on the Senate Judiciary Committee, as well as California Rep. Anna Eshoo, who originally received the letter and shared it with Feinstein, according to sources familiar with the matter. But whispers of what it contains have made the rounds across Capitol Hill over the past week.

The attention on it burst into the public when The Intercept published a report on the rumors surrounding the letter on Wednesday.

“This matter has been referred to the FBI for investigation,” Sen. Dick Durbin told BuzzFeed News when asked about the letter on Thursday.

In a statement later Thursday, Feinstein confirmed that she had referred the letter to "federal investigative authorities."

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

So, Turtle Boy is moving up the vote then?

Comment

LOL

The family religious man headed for the Supreme Court got #metoo ed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/14/u...imes&smtyp=cur

WASHINGTON — A secretive letter shared with authorities by the senior Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee charges that a teenage Brett M. Kavanaugh and a male friend trapped a teenage girl in a bedroom during a party and tried to assault her, according to three people familiar with the contents of the letter.

According to the letter, Mr. Kavanaugh, then a student at Georgetown Preparatory School in suburban Washington and now President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, had been drinking at a social gathering when he and the male friend took the teenage girl into a bedroom. The door was locked, and she was thrown on the bed, the letter says. Mr. Kavanaugh then got on top of the teenager and put a hand over her mouth, as the music was turned up, according to the account.

Comment

Any other time I would say he is toast but I don't think an accusation will be enough. They need something they can prove...
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Any other time I would say he is toast but I don't think an accusation will be enough. They need something they can prove...
                        It would be if the parties were reversed. But, no, not in this case.

Comment

Kavanaugh has been on the DC Circuit for how long and this never came up before now?
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Kavanaugh has been on the DC Circuit for how long and this never came up before now?
                            You find it surprising a woman would stay silent for that long? What planet do you live on?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              You find it surprising a woman would stay silent for that long? What planet do you live on?
                              I'm surprised that this allegation didn't arise when he became a DC "name". That's plenty long in itself.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                              X